Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF

Originally posted by Dial 9-1-1
Players: MS 11 (5 gals, 6 guys) YG Inc. 13 (4 gals, 9 guys)

Great, now I found out you were short a player???

JRisnotpleasedtofindoutafterash*tkickingthattheopposingteamwasshortagirl :mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryhards 4 - Gunners 4

Crap, solid pile of crap that game was.
They came out, guns a blazing, and we simply weren't ready.
They were too damn young with way too much energy.

:rolleyes:

That match had way too much tryhardness in it for my liking, for both teams.

Oh well, I think we only needed 1 point to seal 1st.

Not that it matters what place you finish.
:D

No that wasn't me scouting, I was wasting my afternoon at tryouts today.
:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the Dragoons won 8-2. I won't know for sure until I get home. SC's brutal directions lead me to some place just past Hope. I'm currently posting from a truck stop and hope to be home within 3 hours. Anyone know where Londsdale is?

Good show guys.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb, everyone else made it...

The bzzrs were cold again as SC's compo is still in effect:(

Home at 1:30am from a 5pm game. Does that count as a record?:confused:
It doesn't matter as 3 Dragoons witnessed a nasty accident on the East West connector:(

+SCwillneverbethesame:(

Good luck in the Nation's Cup Lads ;)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your interested!!

I'm just letting everyone know that Young Guns is hosting a fundraiser no advertising whatsoever of any form... them's the rules

.I would also like to wish everyone good luck in the playoffs!!!! Cheers;)

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice weekend....

Saturday:

Cheatside 4 - 2 Gunners

Sunday:

Cheatside 5 - 3 Union Jackers

Two decent games with regards to tryhardedness which was good to see. The most enjoyable game(s) being the ones we witnessed after our game on Sunday at the Osler Hop pitch. First it was China A vs China B in a heated 1 - 1 draw, then it was Spain vs Japan with the latter taking the piss. "Tight Shorts" and JJ were worth the admission in the first match as #7 was ver7y impressive in the second.

Anyways, looking forward to driving 45 minutes out to Pt. Moody for a 9:00PM start on Tuesday to play Mtn Shadow, any good deals on hotels out that way ?????

Cheers, Mackers.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barnett Motor Inn

Mackers:

I think you'll find Skytrain in Gynecology Row any night that he can't find a soccer game.

I hear (not that I have EVER been there), that Bertrum finds this place pretty exciting also.:p :p ;)

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks !!

Skytrain,

Thanks, i'm booking my room right now and save me a seat in Gynecology row, i'll be there shortly after 11:00pm !!

Cheers, Mackers.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grand Appearance

Big Bobby T made his 1st and probably only appearance of the year in an impressive fashion against the Gunners.He scored our first goal and was skinning their backline the whole 1st half........Unfortunately,he didnt have any legs for the second and failed to show for work today,complaining of a groin pull......Always a treat when he comes out!.....The Apprentice(and practically every other guy on our squad) was(were) going crazy over all the quaity young birds that were in the Gunners line-up...very nice :D

Almost forgot...the game was a blast..Herb was fantastic as usual!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Grand Appearance against the Gunners

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday
.....The Apprentice(and practically every other guy on our squad) was(were) going crazy over all the quaity young birds that were in the Gunners line-up...very nice :D

Almost forgot...the game was a blast..Herb was fantastic as usual!!!!!

The Gunners have the top birds in the league, I hope we meet up with them in the Play-offs. Not because of the ladies, but they were fun to play, and they beat us big-time when we played them.

Is there any hope for the Cheatside/Dragoons make-up game this week before play-offs start. It could make a big impact on where teams end up in the standings. Plus a BBQ would be fantastic.
I cna't talk too much, I have missed the last 4 games, but I am ready to ROAR in the Play-offs.

HOS and TheRob could each play 6 games this week-end, 5 at Nations and One very Big Co-ed Game.

HOSlikestheGUNSonGunners

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS and TheRob could each play 6 games this week-end, 5 at Nations and One very Big Co-ed Game
I'd like to see that pulled off since Scotland and Germany would meet in the semi's :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Including TR's game with Golden Ears and the 50 guys that are trying out in JULY

TheRob 4 games at Nations, 1 Co-Ed, 1 Try-out = 6 games
HOS 5 games at Nations, 1 Co-Ed, 36 pints = 6 games and a Cup
Riggy 3 games at Nations, 1 Co-Ed, 37 pints = Burned and Pissed Riggy

HOSmayhavemorethan36

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OOOOOHHHHH BABY

The Gunners have some hot little Ho's running around the park....They have definite Mirage potential.

prerollingjuntasfornationscup:eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll light them up wherever the Italian Mob...I mean contingent is located....center circle if necessary@!!!

Jimmy H runs the show.:cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Grand Appearance

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday
Big Bobby T made his 1st and probably only appearance of the year in an impressive fashion against the Gunners.He scored our first goal and was skinning their backline the whole 1st half..

You know Jimmy, this opens up a new can of worms...regarding eligibility and the playoffs:p

+SCrememberingtherulesofcoed

5 games. 5 whole games! :eek:

Jimmy, where's the news about my jet plane leaving:confused:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG Inc 4 Gunners 0

Our Californian wiz kid was at it again scoring two and setting up the third. I'm telling you, he might be the wildcard in Italy's chances at this year's Nations' Cup.

Anyhoo...not your typical 4-0 game. They were missing their keeper. Meanwhile, our keep stopped a PK and was tre-men-dous. They're a solid team. Still, when it was time to counter, the cagey YG Inc. veterans were able to twinkle the twine (thanks to our YG Inc. Rookie).

After a year off, the YG Inc. machine was able to keep up with all the New Kids On The Block to finish second overall. The question remains: who will have the "Right Stuff" for the playoffs? I see the Dragoons and Cheatside have been posting scores of recent impressive victories. Buddha, meanwhile, gets a minor blemish added to its near perfect record. When do the AMSL playoff odds get posted?

But who cares about the game? The real controversy lies in the Gunners stealing our Yosemite Sam logo. They've also stole half our name AND they're YOUNG. Coincidence?. On top of that, they screamed, "Come on Herb!" with Young Gunesque frequency--much more so, to be precise. We promise not to sue for copyright infringement as long as they promise to give us their women. I think you would all agree that this is a fair AND reasonable trade-off.

Add them to my list of 7 possible teams to win it all; but, at the same time, add them to the "Dial 9-1-1 Top Five Tryhards List." Pencil them in at number 4.

I'm not going to say they remind me of the '94 Young Guns, only because the '94 Young Guns stuck around the field afterwards A LOT longer than they did (so did the 2002 version). Plus, the '94 YGs wouldn't have lost:eek:

Now, time for the real stats

18: Gunners (10 guys and 8 babes)
16: YG Inc. ( 8 guys and 8 babes)
0: Phone numbers obtained by Dial
2: blue balls obtained by Conductor
3: Stitches obtained by our centre half (nice elbow!)
15: mosquito bites to my legs
1: Yellow card to YG (our first of the year)
18: the number of Gunners who wanted a piece of Dan R
10: the number of YGs who wanted a piece of their women:D
1: YGs fundraiser that you're all invited to--even Au Razor! It's June 28, but I can't tell you where because there is no free advertising allowed on TTP.

By the way, did any of you watch Top Gun the other night? I can't recall Tom Cruise's character's name and it's driving me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0