Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Results and match reports.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the MLS scouts are watching a couple of Croatia players...

Player Club Goals
Dayo Oyetugo Skagit Rapids 10
Alan Marcina New Westminster 9
Jason Sarai New Westminster 8

Eugene Poublon Seattle Hibernian 7
Evan McNeley Skagit Rapids 6
Ryan Hopp Skagit Rapids 6
Tony Sun Vancouver Explorers 6
Corey Janzen Fraser Valley Action 6
Fawsi Bellal Seattle Hibernian 5
Josh Simpson Victoria United 5

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes sense, because it couldn't be ANY of the Yanks that play in the league. I'm sure the fist thing on MLS scouts minds is finding good Croatian-Canadian players.:rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both Alen Marcina and Jason Sarai have been playing College soccer in the States for the last couple of years. Both have done very well down there and I'm sure the scouts know them very well.

I hope it makes sense to you now.;)

Oh, and Jason Sariai isn't Croatian. He could be mistaken for one though when he puts on the Red, White and Blue kit.:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not the point. US Scouts from the MLS care about US players, first. They aren't up here trying to find players that can fill only 2 import spots per team.

We have a kid in our system- Brandon McLaren- who just graduated from University in the States, a Div. 1 school in NY (Albany, I believe). The kid is a magnificent player, but won't be playing in the MLS either- because he's not American.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Geoff Aunger could play in the MLS than anyone can. Apparantly they don't pay import players like they used to anyway.

The scouts are looking for natural goal scorers. I guarentee it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kahlsa 2 Surrey U 0

A great game to watch today. I say watch because that's all I could do as Sensei pointed out I took a beating for the ages on Saturday and defiantly think I'm concussed. I've taken 4 shots to the head in one month......... What was I talking about?

Kahlsa has some very quick and talented players. They move the ball on attack with great purpose. Their backs however, want nothing to do with the ball at all. They play a one touch and dump with hopes of their speedy forwards making something out of their lack of creativity.

Kahlsa's first was from a 6 yard box scramble that our keeper just couldn't grab. He had to fight his way through 6 set of legs on his hands and knees, to get to the ball, but the forward poked it in first. (there must be a Croatia joke there some place.) Their second came off a rebound after a wicked shot and great save by our keeps, the rebound bounced right to the guy for an open net sitter.

As for Saturday I had a MAJOR case of Bestyitis and will refrain from ripping the ref anymore. I think abusing him for 70 mins on the park is enough. For now..... I will say that he all but handed team BC at least one point, but they did well to get all three. Two VERY, VERY dodgy PK's in the span of 5 mins plus a sending off 30 seconds after. I've never seen an "officiating" crew so diabolical in all my years. Even Ballbaby who's been around since they invented the shoe lace said he had never seen any thing like it. Now that's saying something. ;)

A bit punchy, KNVB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Proof of Guinness playing. Of course the shot he was about to take sailed over the net and fence in behind. This is also right before Didiar(sp) had a go at Guinness. "If your going to shoot from that fcuking far out, at least hit the net." In which Guinness responded "would you like me to run some old 86ers clips of you?" The words that followed are not suited for a young audience.

Classic stuff Guinness. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to belabor the issue, but it still doesn't matter. The MLS mandate is to develop US born players. For any Canadian prospect to make the squad, they have to be head and shoulders better than their US counterpart. This isn't a slag against the Canadian boys we have playing in the PCSL- they're clearly very talented, but they're not Yanks. My bet is they are just an afterthought to any scouts.

If I'm wrong, I'll be quite pleased. It'd be great to see a Canadian make it to the MLS through the PCSL.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didar

KNVB, you were wrong on the piss taking...
someone from the crowd yelled the 86ers high light bashing... Didar (being the classy guy he is) shouted back at the crowd "Fcuk off, at least I made it to that level"!!!
Someone in the crowd laughed and came back with "Whoa, you're a superstar"!!! I'm not sure what else was said, but the next time the ball came into Didar's end I told him his remarks and gay attempt at trash talking were juvenille... Of course he told me to go fcuk myself... so I had no option but to respond (in mere defence mind you):rolleyes: "How does relegation feel"??? "Have fun in Div. 1 next year you overrated twat" (something likethat anyway)...

needless to say he went off...:D It is not too hard to wind up someone with no personality or wit...:D

KNVB, sorry to hear about your concussed state, want a pillow and blanket???

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if I'm wrong then that means you're not near the clever bastard I thought you were.... Oh well. No need for the pillow and blanket either... I'll just rest my head between your Missus's Bristol's. She won't mind.

Trust me. ;)

Penticton this Saturday. Battle of the bottom feeders. Don't miss it. Should be a cracker. :rolleyes:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the tape measures up?

Knvb,

I forget, what's Surrey's record again? It must have to do with the lack of that Dobbin guy.

2 left feet
writing in Cainy's name!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"How does relegation feel"??? "Have fun in Div. 1 next year you overrated twat"

It is not too hard to wind up someone with no personality or wit

Guinness,

Reading between the lines I assume you consider yourself to be quite witty. The Division 1 slag............now that has personality and wit written all over it...........well done Guinness, you classless fcuk.

At least Didar is at a stage to be rated. It would be VERY difficult to find a team that would not want a keeper of Didar's calibre.

Sandman

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question

Just to clarify, which division is considered higher div 1 VMSL or cat Division VMSL?
I believe Guinness is the captain of surrey united cat team, and I'm assuming Didar will play with the newly relagated Indo, so who is playing at a higher level? The unsilent majority strikes again:D
By the way Two left feet will not be posting from my computer anymore. The guy moves in and he thinks he owns the joint.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy and Stupid left foot~ Your question is moot. This is the PCSL thread love it or leave it, but to answer lefty's question the drunkard would definitely help us on the right side. Mini has all, but locked up the left for this and next year. Unrucky plonker......

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman

Yet again you read a post, assume the worst and then type some clever drivel...:rolleyes: I was only having a go at Didar because he is classless on the pitch... There is no need to be a snappy twat when knowone is even talking to you... If that is the way he wants to be then I can only assume he is a goof... I don't know him off the park and don't feel the need to... I guess in a way you can consider that classless if you want!!!:eek:
Go ahead post some shite about me being this or that... your two cents is highly regarded:rolleyes:

BTW, I never questioned the bigman's ability, although we wouldn't take him over our keeper!!!

Cainy, SHUT IT YOU!!!;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
some clever drivel

That's an oxymoron...kind of like a Macho Gay Man or a Great Reserve Player.

Wind up.

Cainy, think you could arrange for some MLS scouts to attend our Knight's league match tomorrow night? Perhaps if I tell them I'm a Croatian Canadian, I'll stand half a chance of getting a look. That is, if they're not too busy making travel plans for Penticton.

Dude-where'smycar?ovich.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinea Pig

You must be Surrey's Village Idiot..........

Once again you miss my point.........take the piss all you want, 86ers this, 86ers that...............but to outright call him a goof, classless, twat, no personality, no wit is in my opinon bush league.

There is no need to be a snappy twat when knowone is even talking to you

I don't know how things work over at the Surrey Camp, we at Indo stick up for each other.

Sandman:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman~ If you're wondering about the edit, I just added a [ you forgot on your quote.

I was at the game in question and Didar was being a goof, but then again so was Guinness. :rolleyes:

I was completely innocent of course.... ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0