Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002-03: Predictions, Opinions & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to CD!!!

Congrats to Cartdriver. Rumour has it that he's the new coach for the Burnaby Canadians A squad.

It's interesting, since the last time I checked Danny was still coaching that team. When do you take over? Quarter final is in two weeks, should me and Danny be making ferry arrangements or not?

Three straight final appearances - two straight wins ... working one win no. 3. A national title in there for good measure. And apparently Danny gets sacked for not coming to a meeting. I guess the club would prefer to see the women's program move at the same pace as the men's.:rolleyes:

Also hear Rick Poulin is making the jump from U21 to Premier B (taking over the Pansies from me). Good luck with that. U21 is so very close to Premier.:rolleyes:

This will be interesting to see how this turns out. Wonder how the players will feel about this.

There are ways to handle things ... this ain't it. Burnaby Canadians execs not showing a lot of class.

Eventhough I am stepping down at year's end ... or was I fired first:confused:, I must say I am a little miffed at all this.:mad:

Intime,FBwillbeverypissedoff...orjustwon'tgiveafcuk.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial Cup

Anyone got any updates on the upcoming Provincial Cup? First round schedule hasn't even been announced...

Apparently, Canadians play Gorge on Saturday, April 26. That's the only one I have heard, and it's not confirmed yet.

Just wondering.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Think before you speak......

Hey FB....here's my take: first off, you send me an email last night blasting me even though we have never met and you have never asked my opinions on anything more than banter about soccer in general here on TTP. Then at the same time you open your trap on here with a bunch of bombs that the Iraqi's would be scared of:confused:

Then, after I reply to your email with the rational explanation and story of what REALLY happened and how I am involved, you reply to me by email stating "sorry...I spoke before I thought...Scottish temper...blah blah blah...." but you don't post back on here to take back your verbal blasts and accusations. Nice:(

Anyways....to any reading here that care.....I am not officially the coach of the Canadians YET. There was an exec meeting last week that that Danny could have attended but things sound so far gone between club and coach(es) that a rift not possible to repair seems to be there. But that's not my biz. I merely answered the phone and sat down with a few people to talk soccer:eek: :D

So, blast away FB.....bitterness slagged all over on the way out is not a way to keep friends...oh wait, we haven't even met...you prefer your slags on arenas like this!!! By the way, if you have posted on here numerous times about being done with the MWSL and how happy you are to move one, how could I go behind your back and take your job(s)???? I believe your team is done for the year, so officially, your position is open if you walked away...and Danny not even attending a meeting discussing his team and future left the Canadians with a fork in the road.....and I guess they chose to look ahead instead of playing games with the old history between all of you. All the Canadians wanted was an answer from him on why there were rumours he was quitting to focus on the Xtreme or going elsewhere and if there was any truth in them.

Anyways...gotta go and see if FB has emailed me any more harsh words!:( :(

CDloveshowpoliticscan'tstayoutofanysoccerstuff:rolleyes: :D :wa:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD...

I didn't think you really had anytime outside of co-ed :confused:

I guess I'm missing something here:eek:

Good luck, nonetheless;)

+SClikeschanges

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Co-ed comes first....

You are correct SC....co-ed will always be first in my heart. And while most of my time was going to be taken up this summer with watching tape of last year's games to prepare my team for Gunther and others, I now can't devote my full time to co-ed:rolleyes: :D

CDhopestoplanthe2009coedworldcupatBLW!:D

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. CD please play another

Say it ain't so Sam? Or is play it again Sam? CD your cleets have been bronzed and hung above the goal posts at Kwayquitlam. It's a real shame to see you go out like this...that is we'll only have to buy beer in the cooler now and not girly drinks. ;)

At least we still have Penticton. :p

Where we golfing? Errrr...I mean playing soccer...:D

The best boobs are big boobs...unless you're fat. Not sure where that came from??:confused: :wa:

SC were you not one of the ladder or am I wrong? :D

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Package grabbing not allowed

I also recall G-man telling Herb he's going to miss grabbing the big 21's big hair nob in the middle of play this summer. Too bad for you eh...ewwww.

Dem beernuts sure like them nuts.

:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a business trip of sorts...

I'm not an 'ex' co-eder, just taking a leave. I can't handle being one of Herb's favorite players anymore. I must take a season off so he can find other footballers to nudge up against on the pitch.

And I am still recovering from playing against the one they call Gunther:eek:

Have fun ladies!:wa: You too girls!

+SC

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: a business trip of sorts...

And I am still recovering from playing against the one they call Gunther:eek:

Is it the bright white boots of G's that got to you, or his German style of futbol? :rolleyes:

Beernuts are a team to watch this year...so I've heard ;)
I think the lady "nuts" are the ones to watch out for :D

seeyouonthepitch :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big shoes to fill Stripper14!

After that post you better live up to it eh? ;)

Maybe get the ball BETWEEN those 2 posts???:eek:

HOLY FCUK! Does everyone has issues with G? I think if we put him in blue shorts (and someone made a post about his shorts being hiked up too far but it just may be that German has a large package in there which make the shorts appear to be ranked up) and black boots and tell the loudmouth to be quiet and NO ONE WOULD KNOW WHO HE IS.......

Still looking forward to the tournament but only for the BEER...... mmmmmmmmm BEER....... aaahhhhhhhhh

:cool: Spazz

spazzthinksitssillyhowpeoplejudgeothersfromtheoutside

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt! I agree.....

Someone that entertains us when we're drunk & getting bored....

Someone who invites the WHOLE team to their house to watch World Cup Soccer in the middle of the night.....

..... I could go on & on......

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cartdriver

This is a few days late, but I owed this to CD.

I sacrificed common sense in favour of emotions earlier, and shot off at the mouth.

Although, CD and I have spoken via PM since, I owe him this public apology. So, CD, I am sorry.

I would like to mention that my anger was not directed at CD, but rather the Canadians board - and a few others - who have handled this situation with the womens program badly, as far back as several months ago.

In fact, CD did what any coach would do. When a solid opportunity knocked, he simply answered. I am sure we all would have done the same.

For the record, CD has not been named coach of the Canadians, but I would venture to say that he's as the head of the short list. If there is a vacancy, I can't think of anyone better to fill the spot - with a more proven track record in girls soccer.

FB is out.

FBshouldhavestucktohisgunsandstayedoutofhere...nowIamgone.Bye.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cleared up.....

Thanks for the post FB.....sounds better when the facts are there with no emotion involved. Trust me, I've spent this week battling with the BCSA and I have been close to saying many things with my emotions and no background facts....but I've bitten my tongue numerous times!!

Oh yeah, for those that care....my girls got screwed in the Nanaimo-Burnaby U18 cup game ruling. No officials showed up within the rule of 30 minutes, the home team didn't provide linespeople as they're supposed to do for cup play, and the vice prez of youth for BCSA is the one that first of all screwed up geting a ref scheduled and then ruled that we forfeited the game 1-0 because we wouldn't wait at the field all afternoon for officials (even though we had a fcuking ferry to catch!!!). Our protest to the forfeit was denied because the protest chair couldn't find the 30 mintue rule in their cup rule book....but guess what, the head BCSA cup scheduler told me it should be in there, but that the BCSA screwed up by forgetting to keep it in there when they revised the book last year. So they screw up getting officials, screw up in writing their own rule book......and my girls pay!?!?!?!? Nice experience for their last year of youth soccer.

Sound like CD needs a drink?????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
greatest coach ever...

CD you're a great person and whatever is decided you'll do it well. Now enough sucking up on here. Wow, I think I need a drink. Just kidding. Hope all works out.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cartdriver

Damn that's gotta suck for those girls!
Thank Gawd that wasn't my team or all the paparazzi would have heard words come out of my mouth that would have made their jaws drop and eyes bulge! :eek:

My team would have done the same thing!

Is there anything any of us can do? Would it help for any of us to put in writing that we would have done the same??

Kudos to you for fighting! :)

Spazz

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial Cup

Can anyone confirm that UBC plays Castaways from the Island this Sunday at noon at Todd Field (UBC)? I heard that it was to be played prior to the men's Westside vs. Surrey United game at 2:00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0