Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter Wins

As I said in my prediction we won 3-1. A great game for us, we were all over Sapperton. We had the game from the very beginning. I told all of you that we would end their streak and we did. This is the start of our winning streak, and you all better look out.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone

Snap may have taken you lot a little too lightly, however as far as we all better look out? lets be honest you daft bastard... one game means fcuk all in this league, win three or four on the trot then you can start being as ****y as Metro Ford Focus... I am beginning to see why knvb thinks your an idiot... beat a bad sapperton team and you think your world beaters... the only reason you won't get relegated is because Sporting and Indo are fighting for that spot!!! :eek:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take it easy

Coppertone,

Talk to Jimmy; I can't beleive you walk off the park on Sat thinking you totally dominated us. From the beginning? We were in your end the first 20 minutes-we had all the chances....you scored on a goalie error and a fcuking brutal call.....WTF?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1A

I'm going to go off topic for a moment.

Go to vmslsoccer.com and go to Division 1A.

There is a major battle brewing for top spot. 5 teams are all within 3 points of each other. I would really like to see some of those games. Anybody else paying attention?

Sopranos is on....Cheers for Sunday night.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back up Bob

I saw the game! Sapp. had Inter pinned in for the last 15min of the first half and for most of the second! The only way Inter got any chances were on the counter attack. Inter had tons of odd man rushes and If Jimmy had not shite the bed on his 10 or so break aways the score could have been worse.

Oh and Bob your goal was about 2 yards off side!

Sappskeepererrorcouldnotofhappenedtoanicercnut!:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trollers 1
Sporting 0

A rather dour affair with little quality football played by either side. Sporting showed up for the first half but faded in the second - West Van scored the game's lone goal about 4 minutes from time, after a Sporting offside trap was botched and Wee Willy latched onto a nice inswinger cross to give Trollups the three points. To their credit, Sporting did move the ball around well at times but lacked any real creativity in the final third of the park. Other than a flying wallenda-ish Michael Gomes bicycle kick midway through the second frame, the guys in green didn't create many chances.

Ref Beater returned to action in the pipes and played extremely well for Sporting, turning aside several chances in the second frame. Special mention should go to the mud puddle in the second half - it stopped about 2 good Trollup chances and even snagged Vendargon on a couple of partial breakaways. Poor Ref Beater was swimming in that muck for the entire second half.

Really off to Medicine Hat this time,
-Sensei.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wab

You can cry all you want, but for the last three to four weeks those are the type of calls that we were getting, and you guys told me to stop making excuses. We played better than you guy, and deserved the win.

Guiness,

I have played in this league for about 4 years now, and I know what it takes to win. We have had a chance to win every game. We finnally got a win under our belts and we will be getting some key players back in our lineup. So, when I say look out I mean it, and we will be back on top in no time.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 Sap 1

I thought it was a pretty exciting match to play in and watch.I did think we carried a bit more of the play and deserved the win but it was back and forth.The officiating was horrible both ways but we got some bounces that went our way.A good result that will hopefully lead us back to our winning ways.

KNVB

Yeah i did miss a few good chances,i needed them to solidfy my spot in the line up when everyone returns,but its inevitable that i will be relegted to the pine.Our next match will feature our full squad for the first time this year,Alfredo and Dom will only make our team better:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dreamer

So, when I say look out I mean it, and we will be back on top in no time.

In your dreams Coppertone. We'd have to go on a slide of epic proportions for that to happen and everyone knows Peg is a second half of the season team.

Half way through the season and we've already got twice as many points as the WOPs.

~TB.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

I think he meant to say that we will be back near the top of the table pretty soon(hopefully).I agree,it will be nearly impossible to catch you guys,just wanna get back into the top 8 so we can secure a spot in the provincials.

How was the Deli and Foggy Dews on sat?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't do the dew

Jimmy,

Deli was on fire, you shoulda came :D

Didn't go to the dew though as Tee corrupted me finally and it didn't go over well :D

Ask him and Sarge though as I think they went.

~TB.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bet Regs' eyes were covered in dew after the junta.:eek:

The Dew was mint especially watching the young lads pull hideous birds.:D

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sportstown vs Serbia

Justin hot of the press, sportstown 5 vs Serbia 4.

Entertaining game to say the least serbia had the lead with about 10 min to play and sportstown came back to win not a bad affair to amuse someone on a friday night.

Cheers
JB

whoisfinallyabletoplaybecausehispapersarein!

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey JB it may have been entertaining for the fans, but too play and watch our team losing to that lot wasn't too entertaining. Tonight though i think that we doubled both our goals against and goals for for the season. What i want to know is whats with the Serb fans chasing after the ref after the game. I actually think that Mauricio reffed a pretty good game. He gave the Serbs a peno and missed one for us, so i really don't see what they had to complain about. They should blame their own team for blowing a 4-2 lead with 25 mins left. As for the fans chasing the ref i really hope there are repercusions for that b/c it is shite. I would have to say that the highlight for the night was watching all the time wasting done by the Serbs when they were leading come back and bite them in the ass.
Cheers, Darby

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darby

Who & How will anyone suffer the repercusions? There isn't really a system that (fcuk I'm hammered) allows for that. Idiot fans- as the Serbs always have been, and always will be- will be idiots.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:p

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league should fine the team or at least have that guy banned from being at any VMSL games. I saw this happen a few years ago (not with Serbia) and it's disgusting and i think that something should be done about it. The team should be accountable for their fans, and yes fair enough there were several of the Serb players trying to get him to leave but there were also others who were not doing much to deflate the situation.

splash

Aug 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
long time lurker, first time post.

regs,
love what you have done with the site. has really improved over the years.

with a wee one running around the house, i hardly have time to make posts, however, with the most recent comments on the serb-sportstown match, I could not resist the temptation

btw, when i am not having surgery on one of my knees, i do play for serbia, and did manage to play friday night after gulping down a bottle of t-3's.

Dude wheres my car,

the paint brush on the serbian fans? i am assuming you are not thaking the piss? if you are serious about that comment please disregard this response as wanks like you that generalize are probably still working on their high school diploma at night school after a 12 hour shift cleaning toilets at the sunrise hotel.(btw, that was a generalization) thats my story and i am sticking to it!
If you were taking the piss, well done it worked.

darby,

with respect to the situation after the game, i agree with your comments. there is no room for that in the beautiful game.

firstly we have one point this year and the chances of us returning to first division are the same as the raiders making the playoffs, highly likely.that is reality and we have no problems with dealing wiht reality.

as for sportstown, let me give you my analogy:

here is a club with deep pockets, who has top notch facilities, who should have no problems attracting quality footballers. so why is it that you struggle everytime you play a shite, bottom dweller, such as the serbs?

let me answer it for you, its because you have no fathom of reality. your clubs reality is as an average premier club that will never compete with peg or westside. never.

you will never go down to first division as there will always be some unorganized club in premier that will take the fall first.

so enjoy your mediocraty(sp), and who knows maybe oneday westside and peg will fold,and you will have a chance.

i know this post is long, just bare with me.

finally with respect to your comment on mauricio the ref.

you mentioned he reffed a pretty good game. i am quite sure that the knowledgable and faithful thake the piss regulars would find that very difficult to believe.

no team in premier has been spared mauricios wrath, including sportstown. make no mistake about it, we were up4-2 and should have closed the door. our inexperience let you guys back in. full credit to you guys for not giving up, however, what a ref can do is affect the flow of the game, which can in turn affect the result.

i will go record and say that mauricio is hardly what i would call a fifa sanctione ref. that was an embarrassment(sp) last night. both sides were jipped out of countless calls.

ggod refs are ones you do not notice and do not talk about!

in my opinion i feel he changed the flow of the second half. do not confuse this with sour grapes. we lost as noted above due to our own inability to close the door.

thats all i have to say for now.

sasha

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
who is mauricio?

For those that don't know, Sasha is the current TTP Chick Tourney King and still a Peg lad at heart...

Tanks for thaking the piss Sash :)

~TB.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dobro,
That was an excellent debut.
Splash manages to do, in one post, what Coppertone couldn't do in over 400.

Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0