Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't that what I just said?

Full marks to all Premier teams that got results this weekend...

~TB.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportstoon wins!!!

Sportstoon 2
Surrey United 1

As soon as JJ stepped on the pitch the game changed in favour of the pinkies.

An ugly free kick by Spencer Coppin highlighted the first half. An attempted pass to another player when Spence hit it with his purse and it only went about 3 yards.

A pretty good game to watch, except for the fact that it was freezing out there.

Interesting side note:

KNVB was knocked out of the game by Zues on a 55/45 shot/block. KNVB saved a goal but paid the price.

Maybe you can update us on your condition, KNVB.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real game within the game was the battle between Karl "Godzilla" Sandberg and David "Mothra" Hleucka. Although it only lasted about 35 minutes, it should be noted that both of these sci-fi beasts duelled it out for a while before Godzilla delivered the final blow, with the aforementoined slide-tackle in the Surrey United six-yard box. Mothra was valiant in stopping a sure goal, but was knocked out of comission for the remainder of the battle. Godzilla was taken out at the half after a job well done.

Like all good horror-filled asian b-movies, Godzilla vs. Mothra will have a sequel, a clash which could decide supremacy for the VMSL's premier group "A".

A special game mention goes to Chris "Wyatt Earp" Jarvie for winning Sportstown's first annual Best Use of Facial Hair for the bushman special he has going at the moment. He struck fear in the heart of the Surrey United defense with his pace, left peg and scruffy appearance.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing Game

I didn't think the game had any flow to it. Surrey looked terrible. I will not take anything away from a well deserved Sportstown victory, but JJ wasn't even marked on the first goal, the second was a brutal own goal header, and then the Surrey U front runner misses an empty net from 7 yards out (now you know how Indo felt).
Surrey's goal was a garbage goal and was never really a threat. Smilie came up with a few cracker saves (especially the one with the left hand in the second half).
I kept waiting for some flow to the game, but it only came in brief spurts with JJ down the left side.
All in all I was disappointed with the game.

Side Note: What did the Sportstown keeper say after the final whistle blew and he kicked the ball right out of the park?

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB you will probably have to ask the Sporting boys b/c I couldn't tell you. It must have been something in Porkandcheese. Sensai I thank you for the award I have been working real hard to try and get a legitimate bushman look going and it is reassuring to know that it has not gone unnoticed. It was good to see so many fellow ttpers out for our match and I will hopefully see even more of you tommorrow night.
Cheers, Darby

Showtime

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
battle for the basement!

Indo 2
Sporting 0

Just got back from the game. Damn cold one at that. Pretty decent match. Indo had a suprise front runner in the name of Danny Sankar today. He did very well going at the Sporting back line. Probably had 4 or 5 good chances to score. First goal came from Karm Lidder on a nice little give and go from Danny. Sporting had chances but couldn't hit the target. They came out pretty flat and Indo made them pay. Second half was back and forth with both teams getting chances but not capitalizing. Indo got a PK half way through when Gomesy Jr. took out Sankar. Karm stepped up and put it top shelf. End of the match Sporting had some glorious opportunities but couldn't finish their dinner. Not much of an effort put in by some of the Sporting lads, although you can't say Gomesy Jr. didn't put in an effort as he was battling a bout of pneumonia, he actually looked like he was on his death bed. Good on yah Gomsey. It will be interesting to see the second half of the season for these two teams.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game too, but my vision was blurred by a big green blob who goes by the name of "The Creator" constantly shuffling the sidelines.

As for the match itself, both Sporting and Indo did create several chances, but the big difference was that Indo finished theirs. Sankar was a thorn in the sides of the Sporting backline all day, and while he didn't get on the scoresheet he was instrumental in all of Indo's attack.

Despite the numerous chances and saves by both sides, clearly the highlight of the match was the bitch session between Gomesy16 and DiDi the Suitcase. It was as if Gomesy had kicked over Didi's sandcastle one too many times and the little Belgian finally had enough. Had Didi put as much effort into thinking up a comeback for Gomesy (side note - telling your midfielder that he "missed his check too" and screaming "you shaddup" are pretty weak comebacks), Sporting might have scored a goal. Instead, Indo took the points.

Overall, a hard-fought match by both sides, Indo simply the better team on the day.

Iwatchtoomuchsoccerforaguywhodoesn'tevenplay,
-Sensei.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Godzilla vs Mothra part deux

Crap till me it wasn't Zues! So ain't so :(

Bob is right the game lacked any flo what so ever. It came down really to the fact the toons wanted it more. Surrey's touch was crap there passes were crap there tackles were......you guess it CRAP! The toons came out flying and we were on our heels all night (not me though I was on my ASS )

I played in the back for the first time in about a year and who do I have to mark? The fcuking bushman! Darby do you stop running?? As for the 60/40 I lost my ankle is litleraly(sp) the size of a grape fruit. Good thing for the christmas break (ouch..... don't say that word) I will however hop my way downtown tomorow to tell all who will listen of how I saved a goal and gave our team a chance to BLOW it on there own! :rolleyes:

p.s Darby or whatever fcuk tried to start a sing song after the game if you going to take the piss at least learn the words! That was the worst vertion of can you here Surrey sing that I have ever heard!! Assholes;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 6 - Sporting 6

That would have been the score if any one finish their GLORIOUS chances. How many EMPTY net chances did both teams have?!
Indo came up big and Danny was a thorn in the the side of Sporting. Likewise, #4 and #20 were trouble for Indo down the lines. Both defenses were porous. D was shakey again for Indo in net. Big win for Indo. Now it gets really interesting.

The other TTPers summed it up well. Look forward to meeting them all tomorrow night. BTW where is this bash? :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why?

KNVB,

Why the fcuk do you wink after you make a negative statement? Don't. You're being a fcuking wally when you do that. Just say it and accept what comes after it, much like I will tomorrow/today. For fcuk sakes, grow some bollocks, you winner of Wanker of the Month in January. Give up the smilies and winks. Be a fcuking man.

Captainwhodidn'tknowtheDutchweresuchpansies

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here it is.....

That was the worst vertion of can you here Surrey sing that I have ever heard!! Assholes

After this, you had the fcuking wink. When you call someone a fcuking ass hole, like I am calling you, you leave it. Don't be a putz just because Sportstown thumped. I am sure it was bad enough that Croatia hammered you last week too. BTW, have you guys thought about a protest? Their uniforms were very pink from my stand point.......

Captainwhoshouldprobablygotobednow.......

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Cause I got home first

Just in from a chilly Adanac Park.

Croatia 5 Inter 3

Pretty entertaining game from a neutral observers standpoint.:)

There wasn't even much worth protesting... but hey, it's only $50, why not?

doomsy

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just wondering

2 in a row for the Croats and 2 in a row for Slurrey.
is slurrey putting in a protest AFTER their loss to toontown?;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Fair

Captain Shamrock stole my thunder. I just get off the phone with him and he posts it faster than.........well faster than me.

Sap 3 - West 0

2 off the post in the first 15 minutes for Sapperton. 2 PKs early in the 2nd half (one questionable, one very questionable) and a late talley sealed the victory. Kevin and Trevor Todd were dominating up front in the 2nd half. Westside looked tired and were missing some key guys. Westside was not their old selves, but we'll take the victory.

Craig Chaisson's head hit Gary Donalds knee as he was falling and opened up a gash on his forehead. Status unknown.

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 in a row?

Doomsy,

First we beat Indo last week 2-0. Second Toontown was able to fill out there team list correctly and have all there player cards in order (the pink marker was a nice touch though.). Since you are struggling with numbers we will stay away from ABC's for a while.

Smiles

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 goals in 2 games

5-3

Coppertone's game was as bad as his "piss takes".

Jimmy Holiday made a couple of nice moves near the end of the game (came on as a sub) but Croatia was up by 3 goals at that time and weren't really trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0