Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Youth Soccer Nostalgia

cheesehead

Apr 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to play U16-U18 select soccer from 2002 to 2004. I remember some really talented players in the league. Some that come to mind right away include CJ Jhooty, Stephan, Mike Dagostini, Keegan Ayre, Justin Isidro and many others. Just wondering how these are guys are doing these days. Did anyone from that age group make it in the big time and play professional now days.

Thanks Guys

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ is perhaps the most talented player ever to come out of BC but as far as I know didn't go "bigtime". Mike went to Italy and had a few trials but wound up in England mostly with Blackpool. Last I heard he was back in Canada. Keegan spent time with the haggis heads in Scotland but also came back to Vancity as far as I know. Isidro is playin in Portugal somewhere say my sources in the portuguese community. Hope that helps.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I am not.

Well then I suggest you seek immediate medical attention. I don't know who you are or how old you are but just off the top of my head in no particular order

1. Chris Chuddin
2. Lui Miljanovic
3. Peter Stipancik
4. Dale Mitchell
5. Dom Mobilio
6. Sergio Zanatta

etc...etc...etc....

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the guys I mentioned were "difference makers" for all the right reasons. These guys could turn games themselves, and were at least 1 to 2 notches in quality above anyone else on the park. CJ is a good player, but to put him in this company is ridiculous!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ satisfies those criteria. I wish he had put in all the long hours and hard work that those in your list did. I restricted my comment to "perhaps the most talented" but perhaps you read my post with a myopic perspective and tried to reconcile talent with success. Also, old men always overvalue the past ;)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not overvaluing anything. Do you know Lui Miljanovic and his work ethic??? CJ can be compared to any number of players past and present. The "best" discussion involves a precious few.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, the overvaluation thing? That was a TOTAL pisstake... :rolleyes: Like I said...talented, not best. Talented. T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D...he had loads of talent. Perhaps more than any player to come out of....oh to hell with it.

:bronco: no wonder you have an emoticon named for you on this site...

cheesehead

Apr 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ is perhaps the most talented player ever to come out of BC but as far as I know didn't go "bigtime". Mike went to Italy and had a few trials but wound up in England mostly with Blackpool. Last I heard he was back in Canada. Keegan spent time with the haggis heads in Scotland but also came back to Vancity as far as I know. Isidro is playin in Portugal somewhere say my sources in the portuguese community. Hope that helps.

This is really surprising, I thought for sure that one of these guys could make a MLS team. I believe Tyler Roselund got a entry level contract with a MLS team but it was only for one year. Do you guys think we just don't have the talent in Canada or the development system is poor.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is really surprising, I thought for sure that one of these guys could make a MLS team. I believe Tyler Roselund got a entry level contract with a MLS team but it was only for one year. Do you guys think we just don't have the talent in Canada or the development system is poor.

Apparently I don't know mate, ask Bronco ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0