Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Youth programs totaly watered down.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Addition of HPL to youth soccer only Caps development is high caliber soccer. Rest of it is watered down. To me it all make no sence why. Ok I agree with HPL. But than MSL should go back to club sides that way you have strong gold level and strong silver level. As is now it is bronze kids playiing in silver soccer and silver players in gold. Development if falling down. Kids are quiting soccer because they just can not ajust to higher pace and no time on the ball. Next general meeting with BC Soccer all this has top be changed or inrolment will go down alot in divisional soccer. Lets hear it from rest of you guys.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also think the cost is another reason enrollment may be going down, youth soccer is becoming so expensive for kids and clubs are taking full advantage...with popularity came greed it seems.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rum, are you OK. I am not from Jamaca man. Canuckers like beer and no more. Sniffer alway states someting positive on this page. Must have been tons of roch men in his high school. One trys to get more people to come and use the page.Freddy trys to kil it. Anything to do with BC Soccer is for all in general. I was trying to bring a valid point that senior teams will get hurt with all the watering down in soccer. Freddy what the heck are you on?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy in orther to improve senior soccer it all starts at lower levels. Just alone in U17 and 18 we are down by more than fifty percent of players
with somany leagues.
No player cards for first six weeks. Some kids play on three teams during that time. HPL kids pay on silver teams just to win at all coasts. System is unbalanced and many young man pack it up and quit. BC Soccer has to have a person overlooking that in orther to inprove.
With more input from senior guys and how they run the leagues would help in lower levels. It could corect many problems. Sometimes a kind word goes long ways. Many guys take on a job with district but do tid squat in orther to inprove it. Tons of hot air but about all. Some even get paid for it.
Reffing in lower levels has improved since Branco and group started to practice with teams and sometimes ofer input to coaches and young refs coming up.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to improve soccer, get kids to want to play soccer instead of being bribed to play. Get them to line their own fields, put up the nets and take them down. Then, as soon as they are old enough, start drinking beer together and sit down after games and practices and get to know each other. Form a team - Form a club and make a difference.

And, for Fcuks sake, put down that stupid smartphone and create a human bond with another soccer player. It just might work.

And, if you don't get your way, don't have both parents coming at the coach bitching about how much time little Timmy got on the field. Life isn't fair, and we are not equal, right Mr. Base? You of all people must realize that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy I agree with all of your points except beer, that's when they get old enough. You are right some parents make many mistakes along the way. In my opinion biggest problem lies with district reps. Cards must be made from start go. That way kids from gold would not cheet and play lower levels just to win at all coasts. Same goes for gold and HPL. It realy does not matter if a S2 or S3 comes up and plays with S1. But it maters if a gold players come down and cheet. With out cards there is no way to prove it. Some clubs build the poits like that before the cards come out. Fifteen points goes long ways before the rule of ID cards comes in. It is a shame. You will find three four players from each team quit because they get no playing time because of ringers.
It is so dam easy to fix yet district reps do not want to do it. All they have to is to make Silver card Gold gold and HPL. After five weeks punch the cards for record. S1 one hole S2 two and on.
I see our leaders making mistake and adding to coropted ways. It has to stop. By the time young men get to senior soccer they will learn that cheeting does not pay. It is about development.
We have splintered in to four diferant groups in lower mainland. Due to massive coasts kids just can not go and play on top level of soccer. Again the best is not in HPL. The best is not in MSL. It is a shame the way the fight each other for players. Club sides are just for of baby sitting for most part.
Changes are need or we will not see any youg men in top development in Canada for reason of dum development program. Just somthing that must be fixed.
Freddy thanks for your input a simple and upfront. Soccer has to be more fun.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're playing gold silver or bronze in u-17 and u-18, you're way past the point of no return, and will be playing a great senior career in div 3/4 most likely in charge of the beer cooler. Who the fck cares if people are cheating at this level? Other than the fact you don't want a cheater in charge of the beer cooler. No one likes getting ripped off beers.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch are you on crack. More kids from silver one endup on premier teams than the kids fro MSl. Those kids are so much in to them selves, for most can not run just stand still and drible. Flash Gordens at dacing show. Give me one that made it to National level. In real life you must have been the additives to roches that made you forget and drop you cooler in the ditch or could have been over heat from tomuch pasta. Your mentality is why no Canadian kids get no chance from MLS sides. It must be my dady can pay I wanto play on HPL. No problem lad the cost is $3500.00 Please ASP.
I never head nothing to do with coolers or beer. Dutch you must be thinking of a wrong guy. Stick to topic no insalts on young men. That's the future here with out changes to the system. You should phone the Spanish coach and ask him what he thinks of Canadian development.
Development is in youth not at senior level. I have wached you play my lad nothing to brag about. Silver at the best.
I must go and see Lial up in Noth Van to see if I can get few HPL to come play for me next year till the cards get done.

Last edited:

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you've been watching me play or have seen me play, you're watching the wrong level of soccer. But we already knew that with all your bronze stars you're bringing up to the big leagues.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch there is no point to bitch with you. Your mind is set on kids, you think kids that play for Cap program will be top players. More than half will quit soccer at U18. Kids in lower levels develop slower but most try very hard. Some get bit of skill and they get a chane to prove that they can play. Coaches in senior soccer love guys that come to play hard each game. Sure you need bit of skil but for most you need a simlpe brain. No one needs guys that hold on to the ball and just dance till they loose it. Each coach has his own method but I know atleast thirty guys in VMSL that played silver 1 soccer in youth, now playing in Div one or premier.
For most there is no point cheeting in youth level because all it does is brings negativness in senior soccer. You should go out and watch few games in S1 in North Van and in Richmond and you will see that kis play with friends. On every team in S1 there is three four gold level kids or higher level.
All parents want is for their kids to play and have fun. Some people here try to bring in new leagues thinking that they will change a World in one year. I say buy twenty coaches from South America and Europe and give them each a S1 team. Caps will have 100 guys to choose form for top team in three years.
Cheeting in S1 just destroys everthing each one of us has worked for years to develop. In realaty it's not about winning it's about player development as we lack badley in Canada. Changes and respect fror the game is set in youth level. They all buy insurance from BC soccer. Every coach can count how many subs the other team has. Sheets sas 18 guys, team has nine or ten subs I think somthing is roten. Maybe that OK with you.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy Regs is a class act guy. Lisens well and speeks nothing but the trouth. On the othe hand with you I am not so sure. You every so often speak well and than go to beer act. Come out to VMSL and wach Croatia play now with youth movment. Clus is born again. Kids have fun and play full pace. Without youth what the heck wil you have. Bunch of old guys trying to act like kids.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0