Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your answer, Young Padiwan.

From TSN.ca:

Nevertheless, the Columbus Blue Jackets thought enough of him to draft him eighth overall last June.
Ask, and you shall recieve.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who needs a salesmeeting at 11am

Anyone need a sales meeting tomorrow at 11:00am. Maybe a long lunch meeting say for 3 hours. I can't believe that the game is going to be played on Friday, why didn't the organizers move the Gold medal game to Saturday. I guess that shows how little power that TSN has. If NBC was carrying the game I guarantee that it would be played on Saturday.

Oh well, who is up for lunch???

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every year I watch these boys and they make me extremely proud to be a CANADIAN

No matter the outcome,they are the class of the tournament!

Does anyone know what team drafted Cammalleri?He's got a great touch around the net.Quality player that has certainly shined in this tourney and the last.

Coppertone

Oh yes he is:eek:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

Mike Cammalleri was drafted by the L.A. Kings. He is currently playing for the University of Michigan.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny that all four semi-finalists came from the same first round group.

Just goes to show what it means about USA finishing first in the other group. They always think that they are better than Canadians. Couple of American friends of mine were bragging that USA finished first and Canadian finished second in round robin.

Very interesting.:rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada to win!

Going to watch the game today, took Lean's advice and taking a long 'business lunch'.

Prediction: Canada to win by 2.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
No more updates jerk. Some people are taping the game.

Just hope you taped the first minute? Litte hung over today, so let me get it straight, you don't want to know the score 2 minutes left in the second period?:rolleyes: ;)

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do!!!!! Skytrain private message me and let me know please.That goes for everyone else too, if you know the score can you please PM me :D :( :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Russia 5 - 4 Canada

They cheated! They bought the refs! How could this happen? I saw the third period here at work, and the winner was pretty soft. Can't stand those Russian's. Did you see the Russian goalie push the net of it's supports when Canada was pressing in the final seconds? Cheaters.

I guess we'll have to wait till next year in Halifax. Next up, the Olympics.

Go Canada Go!:(

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pull Him Stan , Pull Him

Stan Butler has to be a ****in Idiot...The russians are getting scored on left and right so they pull there goalie and it sparks the team. Pascal Leclair is giving up weaker goals than Red light Racicot and they are keeping him in the game. Sure he was amazing against Swiss but he played the shits today. After three goals in 5:00 minutes or whatever amount of time you got to pull the guy. Tough Luck .

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Russia 5 - 4 Canada

Originally posted by TheRob
They cheated! Did you see the Russian goalie push the net of it's supports when Canada was pressing in the final seconds? Cheaters.
(

Was a joke! Bet it will be talked about for a while. :mad:

Russia panicked the entire third period, icing the puck at every available chance. Wasn't much of a third period.:(

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Canada also panicked and were rushing everything in the third. I don't think people will make a huge deal about the net being pushed off cause the goalie put the net back on after there was no whistle and he saved the eventual shot. Canda died after that Ape let in those softies.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheaters

You are right he did knock the net off on purpose and there should have been a penalty call at the end as well - but it didn't happen. Kind of reminds you of a local soccer game!!!! This was not the difference in the game mind you, but just an interesting scramble at the end.

Canada didn't get the greatest goal tending from this guy who obviously can play better than he did today. He didn't lose it for them though. He just wasn't as good as he is supposed to be.

More importantly, they simply lost their composure as a team in the second period and didn't handle the Russian pressure as well as a championship team does. That, as we all know, differentiates the winner in a final from the loser. Often.

I agreed with the commentators - they should have called a time out in the second period and regroup. Instead they let Russia bang in another one.

On the whole it was an exciting, well played offensive game that we screwed up in the second period.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All we need now is a typical Crawford comment, like "we deserved better than the result, guys played good game" then followed with "no comment" about direct questions.:rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stan Butler?

Why did Canada hire a retired Engish bus driver to coach the junior nats in the first place?

I "ate you Butler.

I " ate you!!!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
steady......

Jinks,

You know that post will only be of any interest to me since I am, very much like yourself, an 'eccentric brit' who grew up in that popular Yorkshire suburb of, um, North Delta.

Any more outbursts like that and you'll have that German cnut goosestepping over to this thread going on ad nauseum about how he used to wank into his only friend's brother's sock when Porky's came on and no one was looking.

Shame about Canada, they never seem to have the bottle when it counts. Consistent under-achievers. I blame Chretien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0