Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup of Hockey 2004

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FTN says bye to TTP today.

It doesn't matter if we win or lose... if you're going to be a cnut, you're gone.

Carry on,

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much for Ikea in this tourney...

6-1 Czechs?!!?!? Are you kidding me?

Millen had a few fcuking knob comments as usual... the best being "they must now be one of the favourites" - no fcuking kidding, you usually are when you make it to the final four of a tourney :rolleyes:

~Regs.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can I have FTN's tokens.

Stayin on topic, so I don't get banned. I would love to see the good old US of A get spanked tonight. Should be good for some classic Brett soun bites!!

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, how come their have been no bookie events for the latest few games?

Congrats, on the win yesterday Regs, you guy's are looking good, 1st half anyway!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking that this was a brilliant Ron Wilson coaching moment, then he'd insert Hull for tonight. Now I'm thinking he's clueless. It's about winning...are there many better big game players than Hull?

That said, it couldn't happen to a nicer trun-coat.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keith freakin' Tkachuk. That was a hearty helping of crow I scarfed last night watching him tear the Ruskies a new one.

Of course, he'd be nowhere without Guerin setting the table with two tre-men-dous passes on the 2nd and 4th goals. Even though I despise two-thirds of the line, the Guerin-Tkachuk-Modano unit has been dynamite. 16 points in four games! Although 11 of them came last night.

Another (yet another) aside: Kovalev absolutely DROPPED Halpern yesterday with a pretty fierce bodycheck. He actually threw about 4-5 solid hits in the game. When, exactly, did Kovalev start throwing his weight around? I'm assuming this is still the same Alex Kovalev who bailed on the game-winning OT goal against Boston in the playoffs, after getting a love whack on the wrist. Slats must be wondering where that kind of effort was during Kovalev's 18-month snoozefest in Yonkers. Crazy stuff. I also saw Jagr go digging in the corner about eight times yesterday during the Czech romp over Sweden.

These would lead me to believe we're five signs away from witnessing some type of hockey apocalypse.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright, I just finished watching both national anthems being sang (or shouted out) before the Canada/Slovakia game. Does anyone else wish that the Canadian boys would shrug off the 'etiquette' that seems to be in style with international hockey? Why are none of these red blooded, good-Canadian-kids singing along and showing some patriotism?? :confused:

One of the things that I love about international football tournaments is watching the teams as their anthem is being played, and the players singing along, hands over shoulders. It just doesn't seem 'cool' for hockey players to sing I guess. Am I just having a moment here, or does anyone else feel the same??

SkipproudtobeCanadian

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
0 - 0 with about 5 minutes left in the 1st.

Canada scored one in the first few minutes that was disallowed. Ref said Iginla shoved the goalie into the net to cause the goal. After watching the replay, Quin lost his nut. Bullshit call. Slovaks now outshooting the Canadians. Crowding up the neutral zone. Not much room to skate.

~Jim "Skip" Robson

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 2 - Slovakia 0

6 minutes into the second period. Goals by Lecavalier (sp?) and Lemieux.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pins & needles, pins & needles...

Not one of Canada's best performances by a long shot but thanks to Luongo, we're on to the final!

Besides Luongo, I thought Iginla was the only other Canadian to bring his A-game on the night... Tuesday is going to be good... anyone up for the Mountain Shadow or something?

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Draper had a great game tonight. He's been a pleasant surprise offensively.

Tuesday will be a good one...Kipper will be the toughest goalie Canada has had to face thus far. Hopefully the Tampa Bay trio will have remembered the keys to beating him.

And yes, the Shadow could be a good spot for viewing purposes.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phew...that was close!

BTW...how horrible was Paullina Gretzky's "singing" of OUR National Anthem? Fcuking embarrassing. She not only changed the tune, but changed the rhythm of the song. That may go well down south, where it's commonplace to sing your own version of the Star Spangled Banner, but you don't screw with "Oh Canada". The crowd, as soon as she started, tried to sing along with her, but stopped when she extended some notes and altered the tone.

BTW...she is absolutely a hottie. I hope Dad recognized what a shite job his American daughter did, and let's her know that Canadian don't like their song fcuked with.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada to come out big and destroy the fins after a mediocre performance yesterday. final score will be 4-0 ;)

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
reigning olympic champions
reigning world championship champions
reigning world cup of hockey champions
world junior championship 04/05 to come?
does it get any better?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Lemieux when they gave him the trophy??? he was like what the fcuk is this??? What u want me to do with it.... Must be the ugliest cup ever!!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CBC Overkill

I'd like to ask some star TTPers some questions:

Regs: "In light of the impending lockout tomorrow, does today's win feel all that more special?"

KNVB: "It looks like a lockout is a foregone conclusion. Does this World Cup feel extra special because of that?"

TheRob: "Does this win feel slightly more special than others because of the tomorrow's deadline and likelihood of a lockout?"

HOS: "Did this game feel extra special, since you may not be seeing any more hockey for a while?"

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget everytime they remind Lecavallier that he wasn't the first choice. "how does it feel being there in place of steve yzerman?" thanks cbc i think he' knows he wasn't the first choice, u dotn' have to remind him every bloody time.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0