Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw & Results - Congrats Slurrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Nope, not MF. Keep guessing.

And we all know that the smile is the first thing that BJB looks at when he meets a girl. :rolleyes:

It is! :D

Why what do guys usually look for? :rolleyes:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Surrey. Sorry for the late response but my computer has been out of commission for the past while. I will say although I was cheering for Coquitlam;) , Surrey was the best team over the course of the year. Nutmegs, the back must be feeling better. Good work with the MVP.

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Congrats to Surrey. Sorry for the late response but my computer has been out of commission for the past while. I will say although I was cheering for Coquitlam;) , Surrey was the best team over the course of the year. Nutmegs, the back must be feeling better. Good work with the MVP.
WW

Thanks for the congratulations WW. Not sure why you would be cheering on the team that ended your season, but to each their own I guess. :rolleyes: Rumour was that not many teams or people wanted us to win again this year - unfortunate that it didn't happen.:D :wa:

As for the back, it's not much better. I just pumped myself full of drugs/painkillers and gutted it out. Will be taking a few weeks off now (outside of co-ed and Penticton ;) ) before playing again.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Thanks for the congratulations WW. Not sure why you would be cheering on the team that ended your season, but to each their own I guess. :rolleyes: Rumour was that not many teams or people wanted us to win again this year - unfortunate that it didn't happen.:D :wa:

Nutmegs,

I was cheering for the underdog. You guys are slightly stacked so I think that is why most people don't want you to win.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever got to point when you’re reading where the anticipation of something mind shattering is just 1/4 cm over, when your mind has already taken you to the promise land and your head is about to explode with possibility that the next word you read will change your life forever?
Tease said:
I just pumped myself....

Ho-hum…

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Nutmegs,
I was cheering for the underdog. You guys are slightly stacked so I think that is why most people don't want you to win.
Stacked?!? How many times do we have to fit this stereotype just because we have some national team players? :rolleyes:

FYI - two national team players weren't even available for all of the playoff games due to injury while a third didn't start any and didn't get much playing time (maybe 15 minutes) until one of our veterans went down on a bad tackle 25 minutes into the final. The only one who played all three games was Martina and yes she is an amazing player but need I remind you she played with us before she was even noticed by the national team. The rest of our team is a nucleus that has been together pretty much since we formed our squad - ex-SFU players and good friends that still play together. In fact I can name at least 11 players on our team that I have played with for 5 years or more (12+ years in a few cases).

We are a T-E-A-M and that is why we have won the past three provincial championships. :cool:

KNVB - well done. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good article
The Now said:
Surrey claims third provincial crown

Michael Booth

Surrey United will get a third crack at the Canadian women's club soccer championship after completing a three-peat of Provincial Cup titles Sunday afternoon in Coquitlam.

Surrey struck for a pair of second-half goals en route to a 2-0 win over Coquitlam City to claim their third provincial championship in as many years. Surrey will now represent B.C. at the national club tournament in October.

United rolled to the title in style, holding opponents scoreless in three playoff games while netting 11 goals of their own. The last win may have been the toughest as Sunday's showdown brought out the physical edge in both teams' games. Surrey lost defender Vanessa Martino to an ankle injury midway through the opening frame and players from both sides came up limping following hard tackles at different points in the game.

"They're a very good, team" said United forward Megan Blaker. "Their forwards are bigger than ours and you have to be physical with them otherwise they're going to beat you" Said the 3' 1" Blaker

Coquitlam seized the advantage in the early stages of the game, controlling play right from the opening whistle and hemming United into their own end of the field. Surrey settled down after the first 10 minutes and began to move the ball down the field but were rarely a threat to score.

The best scoring chances in the opening frame came from Coquitlam forward Phoebe Trotman who missed wide to the far side on a short breakaway and was later stopped on a nifty spin move by Surrey goalkeeper Theresa Nuttall.

"Usually we're better at the start than that, I was really surprised at our start," Blaker said. "I know there was a lot of nerves there at the beginning of the game just because we were going for a three-peat and we really wanted this one, probably more than the other ones so much so my nipples are erect. They like to play a counterattacking game and come right at you so you really have to just weather their storm and play your own game of play-possession and be sure you kick the nasty bitches up in the air"

When play resumed after the half-time break, Surrey wasted no time in taking control of the proceedings. Just 30 seconds into the second half, Blaker launched a crossing pass into the Coquitlam goal mouth. The ball bounced on the near side of the goal before rolling to the far side where Qually awaited, unmarked, to redirect it into the net.

"That was probably one of the easier goals that I've had just because of the way I was set up," Qually said. "The ball came to me and it was perfect, it was exactly the way you want it to happen like when I lost my virginity. At 12. I just had to tap it in the back of the net."

After securing the lead, Surrey was content to focus on defence for the remainder of the contest. The two teams took turns pounding the ball deep into the opponents' territory only to have it soar back to midfield just as quickly.

Surrey added some insurance in the 68th minute when Coquitlam goalie Michelle Gedeman mishandled another cross into the goalmouth area. The ball squirted out of her hands and off the leg of Blaker before landing inside the goal for a 2-0 Surrey lead.

"The goalie actually had her hands on it and then she just kind of dropped it right into me," Blaker said. "I just stuck my leg out and knocked it in."

Aside from one more big stop by Nuttall, Surrey's defence controlled the remaining minutes of regulation to seal the win.

Surrey now turns their attention to the national championships which will be held in their own back yard at Newton Athletic Park in October. The five-month break should allow injured national team veterans Randee Hermus, Amber Allen and Andrea Sumner to heal up and return to the lineup in time to help United attempt to improve on the bronze medals the team settled for at the last two national tourneys.

"We want a national championship," Blaker said. "It's great to have a three-peat and that's fine but we have unfinished business at nationals. This team is destined to win it. In my mind we are the best team in the country so now we just have to go there and show it."

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Good article
What a little slut, that Qually girl is. Who loses their virginity at 12?!?!?:eek: KNVB was at least 30 before he finally got desperate, paid $20 for a King George Hwy special and ended up with KNVD.;)

BTW, I am at least 3'5" but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0