Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw & Results - Congrats Slurrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw

Kage said:
Also, in response to a previous post by WW about Norvan bashing, I'm assuming that you may be talking about me or another player on my team. If you are, you are completely off base because there are no Coquitlam players on TTP except me and I just read it and harldy, if ever, post anything. :confused: :cool:

Listen Kage, we all know you're a big jerk, so why don't you just admit it. It was YOU and maybe YOU should apologize. Ok, so maybe YOU didn't write anything. Whatever, we all know YOU were thinking it you big jerk. And that's even worse. Grow a back bone and stop thinking in your own head, I mean I talk behind people's backs all the time and that's why I have respect. Nobody makes me think my own thoughts. I'll think about them myself thank you very much.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kage said:
Apparently we're playing at Charles Best at 11am...bit of an odd time but it happens. As for making any predictions...anything can happen in playoffs so I'm not going to BUT let's just say having a rested full squad for the upcoming games and some good training sessions will definitely benefit us. :) Good luck to all of the teams the rest of the way.

what happened to Friday night? I really was hoping for a friday game.. stupid rules sayin you have to play on saturday or sunday! 11 a.m. ain't so bad and i can even walk there.. i hope we get a certain favourite ref for the game.. ha

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

k-vale7 said:
Listen Kage, we all know you're a big jerk, so why don't you just admit it. It was YOU and maybe YOU should apologize. Ok, so maybe YOU didn't write anything. Whatever, we all know YOU were thinking it you big jerk. And that's even worse. Grow a back bone and stop thinking in your own head, I mean I talk behind people's backs all the time and that's why I have respect. Nobody makes me think my own thoughts. I'll think about them myself thank you very much.

K-Vale, good one, made me laugh:D .

Brodie plays for Gorge so I saw her last weekend. I thought she'd dropped off the face of the earth. Anyway, she says hi to both you and Gina. She wants us to all go out and says she will even come to Vancouver so we should figure something out one of these days and all go out one night, like way back in the day with the BC team. Good times!! I might even bring back the banana bike:D. Good luck in your game next weekend!!

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

lookaturself13 said:
Nutmegs - wish I could give you some info on Castaways, but since I am the coach, it probably isn't a good idea... ha.
The team does practice twice a week, for an hour, but we don't use soccer balls... only use an "imaginary ball"... still have trouble finishing?!?!? Always ends up being at a pub or sportsbar for a cool down.... fun times.
If you need the facts on GH - it'll cost you a few pints.
Looking forward to a road trip since last year the team played without a coach (thanx Surrey coach....not)
Well - I guess having you there to coach didn't help much. Final score was 8-buzz.:eek:

We started a little slow but picked it up at about the 15 minute mark and from that point on it was a rout. Martina with 4 goals - 3 in the first half all off headers and the other four goals were spread amongst the team. Castaways definitely couldn't contain us in the air on crosses as 6 of our goals resulted from a cross and four were headers. I'm tired and sore today but I don't think it had anything to do with the game - more to do with the insane amount of bevvies consumed while watching the two men's games after us. Nothing like getting home at 11pm from a noon kick-off :D

Results from other games were:
Coquitlam over Norvan 2-1 - any input on the game from choker or WW?
UBC over Richmond 4-1 - heard UBC scored all four of their goals in the 2nd half after trailing 1-0 at half.
And the battle of Gordon Head went to.... Gordon Head!!! I believe it was the higher seed that won 2-1 - Williams over Logan.

So the semi-final match-ups for next weekend are:

Surrey @ UBC
Coquitlam @ Gordon Head Williams

I assume that UBC and Gordon Head would get the home field since they were the #1 seeds in each league, but not 100% sure.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I just hope the coach of Castaways was smart and brought his team over on saturday morning so at least the team and it's fans could enjoy the beautiful weather and do some sight seeing and shopping. A bonus if they had the chance to go out and party on saturday night here also! Either wise that trip over here would have been a complete waste of everybodies time. I didn't see the 1st half but in the 2nd half Surrey put it in cruise control and played the last hour with 10 players due to injuries. Even though you couldn't tell they were a player down.:D

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was a game that had 2 completely different 2 halves. First half we played outstanding and might have deserved better than the 1-0 scoreline for us at halftime.

Second half was entirely different as Coquitlam took it to us for the majority of the half. Perhaps the subs they made at halftime helped as it gave them some fresh legs, or maybe our team just didn't do as well:confused: . Our team looked tired for the mostpart in the second half.

It was a good game, despite the loss. I did not enjoy the rest of the sunny afternoon though as I was sitting for hours at the stupid hospital. I don't think there will be any coed tourney for me this weekend, unless I am suddenly able to walk:( .

Good luck to the rest of the teams who are still playing.

WW

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey was definitely the better team...no question. They were expected to win easily, and they did. That is what is supposed to happen when National team players are against Amateurs who just play for the fun of it. All the best to Surrey on their win... it was not our best game by far this year, would have been nice to go out at least on a fair showing. Oh well. Must say though, the comments from #7 near the end of the game, while up 8-0 showed a definite lack of class... expect better from quality players. Good luck to everyone still playing. We are definitely cheering for Coquitlam vs GH.... you'll know why once you play them (whiner parents, players, and coaches).

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

lookaturself13 said:
Surrey was definitely the better team...no question. They were expected to win easily, and they did. That is what is supposed to happen when National team players are against Amateurs who just play for the fun of it.
Actually there was only one National Team player on the field yesterday - the rest of us are amateurs who play for the fun of it and the love of the game. ;)

lookaturself13 said:
Must say though, the comments from #7 near the end of the game, while up 8-0 showed a definite lack of class... expect better from quality players.
Didn't hear what she said if she did in fact say anything but we have given her a nickname that tends to reflect her sassy mouth. :D

And I have a feeling that Coquitlam probably won't have a problem with Gordon Head. Not to be mean, but GH Logan only beat Poco (one of our last place teams) in OT and then was only beaten by Williams 2-1. Plus, if we can beat the 2nd place team in the league 8-0, is the 1st place team that much better?:eek:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rant:
Something wrong with a Cup draw that has basically the top two seeds playing each other in the semi-final. Nothing against Coquitlam, as I am cheering them to win, but the process is flawed.

Picks

UBC vs Surrey: Going against the trend, picking UBC to win in what should be dandy of a match. Surrey's injuries may catch up here, and UBC will be physical.
(This should make for interesting crosstown derby next year: United vs FC ... does anyone on either side actually live in Surrey?)

Gordon Head vs Coquitlam: Here I can pretty much guarantee two things... poor field and questionable calls. Nonetheless, Nutmegs makes good point about the quality, and I predict Coquitlam wins easily.

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Actually there was only one National Team player on the field yesterday - the rest of us are amateurs who play for the fun of it and the love of the game. ;)/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. I hate soccer, and I'm pretty sure I've heard the National team girls say that too.

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Conductor said:
Surrey put it in cruise control and played the last hour with 10 players due to injuries. Even though you couldn't tell they were a player down.:D

We were a player down?:confused:

;)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

[QUOTActually there was only one National Team player on the field yesterday E][/QUOTE] I'm willing to bet that even that player plays for fun and the love of the game too! As for Fat Bastards comments about any players even living in Surrey,not sure about living but heard that Nutmegs spends quite a bit of time in Surrey!:D
My predictions are
Surrey United over UBC
Coquitlam over GH

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry, I only go with what the girls were saying on the ferry back to Victoria about National Players on Surrey. Problem with the Island Ladies is that they all fail to see the big picture of playing against good players in Van. They only see the Island League as the be-all end-all... which is not easy to break when they get to BCs. No need to compare the Island Girls vs the Van girls.. not even close. Not like the guys anyways. Good luck to everyone. The GH team is very young, but the refs over here will call most of the bodywork that isn't (and shouldn't) be called on the mainland. Hopefully he lets the game go. Go Coquitlam.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome Wagon said:
It was a game that had 2 completely different 2 halves. First half we played outstanding and might have deserved better than the 1-0 scoreline for us at halftime.

Second half was entirely different as Coquitlam took it to us for the majority of the half. Perhaps the subs they made at halftime helped as it gave them some fresh legs, or maybe our team just didn't do as well:confused: . Our team looked tired for the mostpart in the second half.

sorry i have been in hiding since the loss. Well said WW, our team in the second half wasn't there... were the shots like 12-1 or something like that? Oh well, good game anyway.. I was definitely pleased with Norvan this year...

Onto next weekend and the coed tourney!

My predictions are Surrey and Coq. I am not sure who UBC has back in their line up but i'm confident with my picks.

choker

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

My predictions are:

2-1 Surrey over UBC - Surrey will win 2-1 with a goal at the end of the game or perhaps in OT. Depends who plays for UBC though. Otherwise the score might be higher in Surrey's favor. Surrey might be somewhat overconfident from their game against their inferior island opponent:rolleyes:

4-0 Coquitlam over Gordon Head - I predict Coquitlam will start off slow, like they did against us, perhaps due to a combination of the travel, the annoying other team/parents/ref, and perhaps some sisterly bickering, like against us:D. However, they will get it together and win the game rather easily.

WW

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Come on Surrey F.C UBC !

Anybody except Megs and her lot.:rolleyes:

UBC (SFC) 4 - Surrey U 1

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gordon Head vs Coquitlam City game is on turf field in Victoria. So that means 'bad field' won't play a role. And if GH parents and coaches are moaners like reported, perhaps 'bad ref' might also not be a factor.

Anyhow, normally I'd say turf gives huge edge to Coquitlam because they train and play on it all the time, however GH is reportedly young. Translation: fast. Nonetheless, sticking with my predicton of CCS over GH.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
Come on Surrey F.C UBC !

Anybody except Megs and her lot.:rolleyes:

UBC (SFC) 4 - Surrey U 1

Love you too Coach!!:rolleyes:

And I don't believe they are Surrey FC quite yet!! Not until next year.

Come on Surrey United Masters!! :wa:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Two things:

First, heard that UBC might not be going at full strength either, so I am starting to lean the other way on this one. Surrey firepower might be too much on this day, despite injuries. Should be helluva match nonetheless.

Also, rumour has it that maybe, just maybe, CSA may give host province a second berth at nationals, similar to what they have done recently with youth nationals. This would mean that both Cup finalists would be in. Does anyone have any intel to back this up???

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fat Bastard said:
Two things:

First, heard that UBC might not be going at full strength either, so I am starting to lean the other way on this one. Surrey firepower might be too much on this day, despite injuries. Should be helluva match nonetheless.

Also, rumour has it that maybe, just maybe, CSA may give host province a second berth at nationals, similar to what they have done recently with youth nationals. This would mean that both Cup finalists would be in. Does anyone have any intel to back this up???

Haven't heard anything about the second berth and I doubt it would happen.

In the past two years at least, there have been ten teams at nationals (the 10 provinces) that form two pools of five. Adding one more team would make it eleven and that wouldn't split into even pools. If there was one of the territories in it (like there was for the men last year) then a second host team would work as it would be twelve and they could be split into three pools of four (like the men last year). 12 teams would mean less games - four in six days instead of five - which would be very welcome.

As for the Surrey-UBC game, I like how FB flip-flopped on his prediction. We do have a few nagging injuries and one big one but I think we should be much better for bodies this weekend. It should be a cracker of a game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0