Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Women's Open] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally BC Soccer has posted the draw... I've been looking for this stuff for weeks :rolleyes:

:D

Round 1 - April 9/10
Game 1: Island #2 vs NorthVan/NSGSC FC
Game 2: Valley United FC A vs Island #3
Game 3: Island #4 vs Richmond Selects
Game 4: Westside FC vs Poco Premier

Quarter Finals - April 16/17
Game 5: Victoria Gorge vs Winner Game 1
Game 6: Coquitlam City FC vs Winner Game 2
Game 7: Surrey United A vs Winner Game 3
Game 8: Sportstown/UBC vs Winner Game 4

Semi Finals - April 24
Game 9: Winner Game 5 vs Winner Game 6
Game 10: Winner Game 7 vs Winner Game 8

Final - May 1 @ 12:00 Noon Mercer Stadium
Winner Game 9 vs Winner Game 10

Teams listed first are the home team.

Good luck Ladies!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear that UBC/Sportstoon beat Coquitlam by a goal yesterday out at S.Surrey in the MWSL Championship, I have heard that the UBC team have some big names playing for them before the start of the Caps season, like Kara Lang.

Perhaps Jimmy H. can give us a run down of the game and what is going on in the womens game today?

hos

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Game 10: Winner Game 7 vs Winner Game 7
Regsi I know this isn't your typo but it's going to be one strange game with only 11 players on the field wearing the same jerseys :rolleyes:

It was the real big name who scored the only goal in the game. Well done Andrea :)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the attention that is being paid to the Men's Provincial Cup thread, I wanted to make sure that you guys didn't forget about the fact that the Women's Provincial Final goes this weekend.

Coquitlam FC vs Surrey United
Sun. May 1st Mercer Stadium 12pm

Should be a cracker of a match as both teams get along great off the pitch and battle hard against each other on it. Surrey is looking to repeat as Provincial Champs after their first title last year and Coquitlam is looking to win their first title with Coquitlam and third as a team - the two coming in 2001 and 2002 when they were the Burnaby Canadians.

I know we have tough competition for fans with the Mens and Masters games out at NAP the same weekend but I'm sure some of the MWSL lurkers on this site might be interested in the game.

Should be very exciting to watch and even more exciting to play in. :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Good luck Nutmegs!

Good luck Jimmy Holiday!

fencesitting copyright rangerforever

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
...............I know we have tough competition for fans with the Mens and Masters games out at NAP the same weekend but I'm sure some of the MWSL lurkers on this site might be interested in the game.

Megs, the fans that will be watching our game all play bridge with your mom and dad. You don't want them at your game anyway.

Best of luck this weekend and please try to keep your balls off our grid Wednesday and we'll keep our balls where they are supposed to be :eek:

BTW, did Marty banish you from having beers with us after training? Big Daddy is so protective of his girls. :eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I know we have tough competition for fans with the Mens and Masters games out at NAP the same weekend but I'm sure some of the MWSL lurkers on this site might be interested in the game.

Nutmegs, I think it is terrible that the BCSA and/or MWSL has put you guys at Mercier on a Sunday at 12pm, the same time as the mens semi's. You girls have a great product on the field, with some of the girls going on to the Caps after this game, and some even on the verge of the National program. Why couldn't the BCSA have not put you guys out at Newton this weekend, if not a 10 am start before the men, why not at 12 beside the O-35 semi. Plus, they put you at Mercier (a nice turf pitch with stands), but there is not even any changing rooms for before or after the match, so sad.

Well that is my rant, good luck to both teams, but my heart will allways be with the Burnaby Canadians girls (Coquitlam), so I hope that the girls can win Jimmy the Cup, good luck.

hos

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to both squads for getting through to the final...again.

I would be there to take in the action but I'll be two steppin' in Texas :wa: .

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Best of luck this weekend and please try to keep your balls off our grid Wednesday and we'll keep our balls where they are supposed to be :eek:

Grid?!? Is that what you called that semblance of a practice? To me it just looked a bunch of old guys had phoned each other up and decided to get together to scrimmage for an hour. :eek:

And please try not to scare the few young girls we have on our team by letting your balls run wild again. :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Grid?!? Is that what you called that semblance of a practice? To me it just looked a bunch of old guys had phoned each other up and decided to get together to scrimmage for an hour. :eek:

And please try not to scare the few young girls we have on our team by letting your balls run wild again. :D

I am speechless. Sadly, you are correct. Now, let me ask you this. Imagine what your lot is going to look like in 15 years? Girls with beer bellies waddling around the grid. EEK! Thankfully I'll be playing O'50's then and might not take in such a sight. Hmmm, actually girls with beer bellies? It's not so bad, especially when you're over 50. :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You?? Speechless? I doubt it. You should be happy to know Marty is now at home and recovering nicely from the bleeding ears you caused last Sunday.

No worries about extra support, Nutmegs. G is currently holding try-outs for a new male Surrey Extreme dance team. If I play my cards right I get to be the top of the pyramid.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is KNVB will be captain of the Surrey Extreme dance team!
Also heard he will put himself on top of the the pyramid as he will be captain.
Nutmeg's don't worry about the rumours that he will be wearing no underwear under his shorts cause in KNVB's word's
No worries about extra support
:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got a few glimpses of our SU women's team tonight at training and was very impressed, especially on a wicked header scored from a wicked cross during a scrimmage. Awesome!

Best wishes this weekend ladies from the SU Master's squad. You gals look ready. :)

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got a call from Mercer Stadium:

Coquitlam 1 Surrey United 4

Congratulations to the SU CLUB and good luck at the National girls, this time bring the GOLD

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on you whites

brilliance from the UNITED lasses today and for those
keeping score at home... the spotter shouldn't have been
given, the red card was deserved for the professional foul
and martin is half way to the promise land!!! :)
WELL DONE LADIES...ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great day for Surrey United yesterday!! I am still recovering from the night of drinking and from the accidental elbow that's given me a nice shiner below my right eye. :rolleyes:

As for the game, knowone summed it up very well in his short post. Mine on the other hand will be a little longer since I am still basking in the glow of victory.

We played a solid team game and outside of the PK (which was a little questionable) I don't think Coquitlam had a direct shot on net. A few crosses that looked dangerous but other than that our defence was solid.

Player of the game was definitely Randee Hermus, who came on five minutes in after Summo wrecked her ankle after being taken down by a very hard tackle (which should have been played on as the advantage since Andy sent one of our players in on a breakaway before she got clattered). But Randee scored the first goal off a corner, the second on a great individual effort, and our fourth goal to put the game away. Besides getting the hatty she was also all over the pitch winning balls in the air and playing great defensively.

The game should have been over at half as we hit two crossbars and could have been up 4-buzz. But the ref got them back in it with the PK call a minute before half making it 2-1. That gave Coquitlam some life and most of the second half was back and forth. Then the red card happened in about the 75th minute when our left back (K-vale7) took off on a counter-attack from a free kick and outran the last man back for Coq before being pulled down. Of course, many people are questioning the call - I guess because it happened about ten yards past half but even though it would have been a long one it would have been a breakaway. I think the ref showed a lot of guts in making the correct call according to the rules.

We scored our third goal when Geri Donnelly gave yours truly a great ball on the wing and I crossed it to Martina Franko for the finish. The fourth came just seconds after that as we stole the ball on the kick-off took it down the wing and crossed it into the box where Randee finished it with a half-volley.

All in all a great performance by our team and nobody can say we didn't deserve this championship as we outplayed both UBC Alumni (in the semis) and Coquitlam to win it. I am very proud of every single player on our team and we have some unfinished business at the nationals.

Hats off the Coquitlam for one helluva battle. Everytime we play you it is a hard fought game and very exciting to be a part of and to watch for the fans.

Oh yeah and this year we didn't lose the trophy but it still may have been violated a little ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0