Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Who will win the Presidents Cup?

Who will win the Presidents Cup?

• Delta Metro Lions(young guys)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders(old guys)

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Replay

Dude,

I got this information from one of the players and the coach from the team at training last night. From what I know, it sounds like the ref may have admitted error to the league, but don't quote me. It sounds like there was a penalty shot that hit the left post, came back and hit the keeper in the back and went in. The ref called it a no goal for some reason, but later must have said it should have counted.

As I understand it, the complete game will be replayed. Another interesting point is that apparently one of their players was sent off. Now, does this mean his red card is not valid, or will it stick? That hasn't been mentioned yet by the league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cudose to the official

That's good to see...not very often that the officials will admit their errors. It is too bad that there has to be a replay, but that what we as players live for anyhow. I suspect they'll have a different official for the replay.

I would expect that the card may still stand, if the infraction was anything but a "professional" red. The player will probably have to sit, but the team won't have to play short. That's how it should be handled, anyhow.

At what point in the match did this occur? This info probably won't help us, as I can't see our ref admitting his mistake. He's a pompous ass. He always seems to be on a Fat Monkey type ego trip.
:D

Now don't start getting angry and pulling out what little hair you have left on your head Monkey... I'M JUST KIDDING! (But not about our ref being an ass)

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red card

This has me intrigued.

I would think, if the whole game gets replayed, that the player in question doesn't have to sit out. The game doesn't count, right? So why would the card? I understand an argument towards him sitting if it were a violent red or something, but if the game doesn't count, neither should the red.

Tell me if I'm wrong. In a penalty kick shootout, rebounds don't count. Do they? Once the ball hit that goalpost, the play should have been dead. A shooter can't finish a rebound, so why would one off the post and then off the goalie count? I don't really know the rules regarding this, so maybe somebody can help me out.:confused: I figure the ref made the right decision actually.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
TheRob thinks Dude better look into this pronto!

Rangerforever thinks The Rob should post more often than once a week.;)

I think the player will have to take the red and sit his suspension.
The game and the red are not non-events.
The game happened and was disputed.
The red card is a separate issue and therefore a separate protest.

Me also thinks that Dude and the Royals should also protest in light of these recent events.

President's cup or league this weekend lads?

RFtoolazytochecktheFVSLwebsite.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Except...

Dalglish hasn't yet shared if this was in PKs or a regular time PK.

The red card issue is interesting. I would think the case would need special attention. My thinking is that if the player deserves to sit, he should sit. The fact that the result was expunged doesn't change the fact that the player still committed the offence. We don't know what he did; what if he spat on someone?

Yours in wanting to know more,

Dude.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude is getting sick of protesting with the FVSL to no avail. But they do have a report, and I may follow-up later.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Card

Sorry, I should have posted this with the last one..

The red card was the result of a tackle from behind. It doesn't sound like it was a violent attack, just a poorly timed tackle from behind.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh.

I didn't realise the penalty was taken during the regular play. In that case, it should definitely be a goal. What the hell was the ref doing?

Good thing justice may yet be served.

Terrminator

Nov 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI

The penalty shot in question was actually taken in the shoot out. The shot hit the back inside post of the net and came out and hit the goalie. The ref admitted he didn't see it and would write it in his report. The red card was a clumsy foul from behind on a player breaking for goal with just enough time left in the game for the free kick.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorbacks next round

Was not that nice of a game to watch it was shitty soccer LUFC A started the game with 8 players then the rest of there guys got there at the start of the second half . We were hitting everything but the net give LUFC boys credit they played as well as you could with only 8 guys . The young U-17 metro baby backs helped us out one of our up & coming youth players scored 2 of the goals. Langley then got a goal late in the second because we broke down on marking our men . 2 Razorbacks 1 LUFC A . Razorbacks go to the next round.:)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confrats Razor

Well, being a saturday game we knew that there would have a hard time feilding a team. Not to mention that we were also fcked around by the league as to who could and couldn't signup for the prez cup play. I would love to play against you guys with our full teams and then see the outcome would really be.

Anyways good luck in the next round.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling Betty...

If you're having a few pints @ 8:45, you have problems. I'm not sure if the Royals are willing to sign anyone with "issues".;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this an official result? I need to know in order to alter the TTP FVSC pool...

Cheers,

~Regs.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this an official result? I need to know in order to alter the TTP FVSC pool...

Yes it is official. The games this weekend are already posted with Poco Express playing Delta in the 2nd round.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0