Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Who will win the Presidents Cup?

Who will win the Presidents Cup?

• Delta Metro Lions(young guys)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders(old guys)

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I love you man!!!

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

We can't get too big a head though, because we have to first put Poco away (3-2 acumulate score this year in favor of the Royals, with winning goal in injury time),

Dude,

First game of the cup this weekend @ Unwin park for SC, any predictions on the score vs PoCo?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First game this weekend?!?!!?!

Please tell me this is a premlinary round or something...

~TBhopingthattheTTPValleyCupsPoolcanstillstartthefollowingweekend.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prelim round

Yes it is just a preliminary round, but who's to say all the games will be played.:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude don't play that

How about I'm not going to give you any fodder for the likes of Steve Ross to use against us? No, I will not risk the jinx.

I predict the best team on Sunday will win, and we're prepared to be the best team.

Dude- nowthatwasabouthelamestpostI'veeversubmitted

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve Ross

Dude,

As you have stated before you don't back down from challenges but Steve is someone you might want to reconsider. This guy breaks legs like chopsticks. For PoCo too win Steve will need to have a big game.

Best of luck on your last play off game:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Moose

I played w/ Stevie in College...we used to call him "The Moose". We always have a good time playing each other; we know each other fairly well.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Lions

You'll be in for a hard fought game against these guys. They are a young, quick team that moves the ball fairly well, we had a 1-1 tie and a 1-0 win against them. One note is you Royals have a few guys that can get under a players skin. This would be a good team to really put that into effect, and you'll definately get a reaction from them.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Lions

Dude: this team is very strong IMO.
Very good strikers, speedy & skillful.
Strong midfield and defenders.
Not an overly big team though,
no real tree trunks to worry about in the air.
Good coaching, lots of numbers, deep bench.
I can't remember if their goalkeeping is good or not.

Do not underestimate them at all.

Good luck buddy, I like the ring of a Royals/Storm final.:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GO CANADA CO

Good luck buddy, I like the ring of a Royals/Storm final.
Are you taking some hits of Dude's moriphine? The Royals have to get past the GEU Associates, and that is not likely to happen.:mad:

With the little lovefest between you and Sid, I'm surprised you didn't pick them to make the final.;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bastage

I missed this one.
Weasel.:D

By the way, what's moriphine?
I've only heard of morphine.
You know the stuff you'll be sucking after I fcuking chung you the next time we play?
Oh fcuk, wrong thread again.:rolleyes:

And yes, I fancy the Royals over you and the three other Associates.
I guess Yoda's all starry-eyed and playing in the Pakenham now.
Too bad, if he played you might be able to field the mandatory seven.

Hey, leave my new best friend, my celtic brother Sid, out of this.
Everyone sooner than later falls in love with the Rangers.;)

GoBabyBacks!

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demolition

It's true are the field we were suppose to play on is closed we found out on friday .But look at the weather now it's perfect to play. I don't know what GEU is doing on Hammond East because we were told it was closed by the by parks/Rec.:)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
works for us

This postponement actually works better for us. If we would have played yesterday we would have only been able to field 10 maybe 11 players.:D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC B - 2 vs FRANSEN -1

Worst refereeing I have ever seen in my life, even though we won the game.
Our 1st goal came from Stephan cutting in from the outside mid into the middle and roofing it over their keeper. they scored not to long after that on a major breakdown to tie the game. In the 2nd Deanno breaking into the middle of the box and gets a PK. with no mistake he burries it to make it 2-1 Langley. the ref then lost total control and we took 2 reds:confused: :confused: . One of them I agree with the other one had both teams confused. With 9 men we held on for the win.
I still can't believe we beat these guys, but for once everyone played one hell of a game.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where are the Royals?

Dude,

Maybe you can help us out. Royals out of the cup early?

Delta Metro 2 - SC Royals 1

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep. Lost in PKs.

Quite a good game, about 50/50 possession, two nice, clean goals. The ref was a fcuking joke (I'm sure it is the same guy TR bitched about in the ref thread).

Get this: with them up 3-2 on the PKs, and our fourth shooter taking his shot (we were shooting second), the ref looks into his notebook right as our guy is shooting. The shot is high, the keeper gets a hand on it, and the shot deflects off his hand and bulges the twine just after the cross bar. You actually see the twine bulge up. The ball bounces back down, and the keeper kicks it out in frustration. The ref calls it a save! He thought it went off the cross bar and out!

Tell me...don't your teammates usually cheer on the keeper after he makes a save? If there was a save, how come nobody cheered?

Anyhow, their 5th shooter slotted his, and that was it. And Skytrain, before you get on with your "Excuses are like assholes" bit, there are differences between excuses and facts: the ref fcuked in a HUGE way. He basically gave them the game. The guys on the Delta side were shaking their heads in disbelief when he called that a goal.

Pissed off? Just a little. It makes it worse when you have to watch from the sidelines.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour grapes

Yes it was. And if this souds like sour grapes...it is! Not towards the Delta Squad- they played hard, great game- but towards this ref, who is a fcuking ego maniac and always tries to steal the show.

Nobody likes to win or loose in PKs. Even though the Hockey game was due to start, we would have prefered overtime first.

Good luck Delta Lions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0