Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Who will win side "C"?

Who will win side "C"?

• ‘B’ United

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Bombastic SC ‘A’

• Champlain Heights

• North Shore JB’s

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Point Grey United

• Richmond Cougars

• NK Hrvatska

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Westside Knights

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights are my pick to win the division. They have implemented a grande psychological plan this summer whereby other teams, thinking that the Knights have dropped out of the league due to a lack of players, will not show up and the Knights will be awarded the 3 points every weekend by default.

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could be playing for them

NK Hrvatska have contacted me about joining them in their quest for promotion.

Negotiations are at stalemate at the moment as they are thinking over my asking price of $100 a week.:D

If they do choose to take me up on my offer...I will be lacing them up for the div 2 outfit and promotion is "in the bag".;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Richmond Cougars

What the hell is a chick team doing in the VMSL?

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Regs . . . almost

If they can manage to scrounge up a few more players, their plan will undoubtedly work. However, the JB's fat ego will let them rise to the top. They think they're the cat's ass, they will be the cat's ass, then in Div 1, their cat's ass will get kicked.

With Number 2 at right back the Knights are a close second.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Headed Jim Beamers

I hope none of you get offended by the collective big ego'd piss taking emanating from the JimBeam camp. At heart, we are cream of the crop beer league'rs who have had a bit too much of the sauce. An asswhupin or three would probably be in store in Div 1. but as a close-knit team we are often able to come together in the stretch and play well against better opponenets. Champlain, Knights and Point Grey should lead the group. A good first 3 games will be crucial.

-neverunderestimatetheeffectsofJIMBEAMonyoursenses-

Badley

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cougars?

Good Day All,

Who are these Richmond Cougars, and who is the daring wordsmith who thought up that name? I may be new to this but not since my very younger days, when I played against the always formidable Dunbar Greenbeans, have I heard such a nancy-boy name for a team!!! Granted United or FC aren't particularly original but they have a certain... class about them.

Unless of course, this is just a craftilly worded "bon mot" referring to the snarliest cougar bar in all of Richmond/Vancouver (Matches Nightclub at the Richmond Inn) - which may very well be the sponsor for this group of young, inexperienced soccer players.

As for this pool - I don't see Champlain doing much - you don't lose 17of 18 games in div one for no reason!!! They may be hungry to get back but they'll need some serious upgrading.

Westside is always fit and fast but have average skill - if you can match their fitness they can be beaten. A perennial runner-up.

JB's are solid - if they keep getting high numbers out and can make all their subs without losing any skill they'll be tough.

Too bad Pt Grey have so many flakes - they have good skill but no fitness and little depth on the bench. With some new additions and a little commitment they could be the sleeper of the group.

My conclusion - JB's unless Pt Grey/Westside gets it's shite together.

Out!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
class....

.......just a craftilly worded "bon mot"
What a quality piece of pisstaking..... more of this, please. Christ knows Div. 2 'C' needs something worth talking about and we've got a full year to wait until the 'Lomas are back in it again. Good work 'Badley'.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Badley Spelling Boy:

you know you're getting the red carpet treatment when "London is so expensive" Fastshow makes fun of you.

welcome to ttp.

max

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Annies?

Keeper,

What ever happened to the Annies? They wn the third division last. Are they under a new name?

OR

Did they get kicked out of the league for illegal players. They also showed up at a 3rd div. cup final, got pissed, and caused some havok.

Tugboat Annies...where are you!?!

biteme

Badley

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I stand corrected...

Having taken the piss out of some devilishly cunning linguists from Richmond for their, no doubt, ingenious linkage of their team name to a notoriously mangy Cougar bar, I bow to Keeper's wisdom. TUGBOAT ANNIE'S!!!!

I don't care how much money they're giving you for sponsorship there's just no call for something like that. I thought only flaming, pot-smoking, flower child, wanker ultimate players named their teams that badly.

However, I think we may have found out who the Cougars are - Tugboat Annie's, I believe, is a Richmond pub and having won 3rd div. they no doubt felt it necesssary to alter their name/affiliation for the start of their foray into "the big leagues" - hence the Cougars.

Or, if they are as big a bunch of loutish, piss-tank, flaming wankers as their team name(s) and behaviour suggest, maybe Tugboat Annie's felt they weren't up to "Annie" snuff.... There may be hope for these Cougar boys yet!!!

Happily, with that conundrum solved, I can continue my day

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well lads, it is a start of another season in the glorious VMSSL...
I am glad that all the teams in our side have some confidence votes for promotion...this will take some pressure off our squad of mighty beamers....Too early for predictions, but if we stay healthy, there is no reason why we should not finish #1..We are solid at every postion this year and gained strength on the backline and midfield with two off season signings.....Mickster..getting worried about your starting spot, I heard Samson is signed and looking for his first paycheque..

Stay tuned my fellow TTP'ers.....

beammeupoverthetopscottie!!!
ps: our squad will perform much better if they come up with "Beam Light" all the great taste, less zing!!!!...what the hell am I talking about, might as well be drinking that shiet other bourbon - Jack Daniels....

:p

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
starting ???

Hammer, might be a good idea to keep me out of the starting lineup and give the spot to samson. With the extra time I have I'll be able to drink enough beer and supply the beer fund with enough coin to pay for our new back. Make sure there is enough of the sponsorship product though. Are you in charge this week. the cove did win the tourney on the weekend, those bastards!!! I'll be interested to see the results after this weekend, lots of piss taking to follow. See you tonight,

Mickster

respect the beam...don't drink and drive...too far...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thread closed

Now that the season has started, I'm closing this thread. Look for a new poll after christmas for a chance to revise your votes :D

~TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0