Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps World of Soccer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard an advertisement on the Team1040 this morning for a new soccer show starting this Sunday @ 9PM for 1 hour.

I didn't catch who was hosting, anyone know?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
BTW, what is with the Whitecaps always "borrowing" the names of what others have done in the local soccer community?

Tony Waiters has his WorldofSoccer.com website and newsletter that he has been doing for ages (it would be hard to believe that the Whitecaps are unaware of this).

And of course, we have the Whitecaps Nations Cup fiasco from 2 years ago, I think it was 2 years ago.

If you are going to copy names for initiatives, can't you at least look beyond the local soccer community?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here Here.

I am on board with almost everything the caps do, and am not one of these snobby sycophants that looks down the end of their noses at the players for being called "professional"

But this is unprofessional.

Since world soccer weekly with that guy from England (LA Based radio and web show) was taken off the airwaves here in Vancouver (TEAM 1040 IIRC) I have often thought It would be good to get a weekly Soccer Talk show going, other than the 5 calls Schaad takes from Southsiders who are to pissed to speak properly (read: Kevin Hector ;) )

But the Nations Cup thing sucked ass, and this does too. They have a ton of people working there, surely they are able to come up with original material and names

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Tony looks very good for his years, in fact, pretty much stil the same as he was in the eighties :)

Peter Shaad (sp?) is the host of this thing and Dale Mitchell is one of the guests apparently this Sunday... is this stuff even promoted by the Whitecaps yet?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schaad is pretty good. Have chatted with him once...

He is a fan of the game, I'm not too sure how deep his knowledge gos beyond the caps...same goes for Mitchell ;)

TTP Should get a once a month thing going on the TEAM...why not? One Wednesday night at 10 pm a month usurping the dave thomlinson and blake price show would do good...They just babble on about the same thing the other hacks talk about all day anyways...

KNVB, Walks, and Sir M have good skills on air ;) and lord knows Regs can hit the bump music like nobody's business...:D

Why not a once a month review of Senior Soccer in BC?
Advertising the show on TTP, The FVSL Site, The "Excellent Site" and a few other places would be a surefire way to ensure you get the requisite 30+ phone calls in one hour...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Tony Waiters, that name is so eighties.

Every time I hear his name I think of Mexico "86 program and the photo of him drunk with a beer in his hand. Every other countries coach is well dressed and attentive. Waiters has his eyes half closed.

Classic Canadian.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to the TEAM's website to see if they had it up on the podcast menu, but they don't... I sent in an email asking for them to throw it up on the podcast menu...we'll see I guess.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone catch the show? I forgot all about it last nite.

I caught about a 1/2 hour last night, it was mostly just interviews and stuff from the past week. There was a interview with Bobby talking about St Pauls and the relocation and what that means for the stadium so that must have been fairly new.
I caught Schad talking to Dale M about making players available for qualifying games and how hard it is to get our players together(meaning we don't pay the $$ to get players around)
I'm sure it will be more Whitecap stories once the season gets going with more games.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not WWOS related but easier than a new thread.

Saw TFC playing Salt Lake on tV saturday morning. Through it on as their was little else on while i worked out. Does anyone find it weird tha Bobaduzzi does the colour for the TFC games while working for the Caps etc. ??

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0