Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs KC 20110402

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KO 4:00PM

Note: Gates are opening 30 minutes earlier now - 2:30PM

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate!

Go Caps!

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Regs. Was an amazing game. 3-0 lead actually flattered K.C. Nice to see them tie it up. That Chumiento (sp?) kid, one hell of a difference maker.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with both of you! Took my daughter to the game and sat in sec 214 just to the east of the Southsiders. we got to see all 3 Cap goals right in front of us. For me personally I thought the atmosphere was better than a Canucks game. Spending only $50 for parking, tickets and 2 pops was also a way better deal than what it would cost me to take her to the Canucks!

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Regs. Was an amazing game. 3-0 lead actually flattered K.C. Nice to see them tie it up. That Chumiento (sp?) kid, one hell of a difference maker.

KC are a good team and were full value w lead. Caps definitely missed DeMerit and big man but as Wes Knight said at half there fitness was the difference maker.

Not dropping points at home is crucial in this league and will be a huge confidence builder for our young franchise.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
For you in the Southsiders, does this video capture what it is like?

It seems somewhat lame?

Last edited:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For you in the Southsiders, does this video capture what it is like?

It seems somewhat lame?

Somewhat lame Regs? ;)

Phenomenal finish yesterday. KC keeper deserved better from his team. Not sold on the wee man even though he did get 2 goals. Thought Dunfield was absolute mince yesterday but the atmosphere was amazing. Ended up 3 rows down when the 3rd goal went in! Pandemonium and brilliant to see.

I may be bias but Canucks games don't even come close to this stuff. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Git in ya dancer!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am guessing Regs is referring to the Southsiders' video. Lame is actually a rather charitable characterization.

Sir M

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lame is VERY charitable for the experience being had in the attached video... the atmosphere is different game to game... that seems very anemic and boring. also you are talking about the 7 minutes that dude was filming something of the 3+ hours...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hence my QUESTION if it captures what the experience is like :)

There is a group in the North End that seemed pretty lively the whole match. Best chant they had was "we want a streaker" after a shirtless lad in the front row of our section got hauled away in cuffs and people started taking their shirts off in support for the dude :)

SixFyv - why did they haul him away?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
by the way: Blake Wagner was gawd awful...Dunfield was VERY average, to poor even. Aside from a good lively home opener, he has been very poor in the past two games.

Harris continues to impress me with his abilities as the target man, and Gershon Koffie was really good on the ball.

Davide Chiumiento is a different class at this level, he is clearly way more skilled than most everyone on the pitch, and he plays with absolute confidence... if he can stay on the field instead of on the IR the Caps will be a playoff team imho... without him for long stretches we will be a .500 or so team

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps will have to fix the giving up 2 or 3 goals a game at home situation very soon, or it is going to be a really long season for them.

Especially after the honeymoon wears off.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Drumming section are being moved around as not everyone likes them, and not everyone hates them, so by moving them around they can appease/disappoint everyone evenly.

Sorry Regs, I thought that was what you might have been referring to...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps will have to fix the giving up 2 or 3 goals a game at home situation very soon, or it is going to be a really long season for them.

Especially after the honeymoon wears off.

To be fair they have had 3 different CB pairings in 3 games... once this gets sorted and settled, I think they will be solid. From what I hear, Akoul and Demerit will be a very good pair together.

Rochat - Akoul - Demerit - Leathers

But I will also say, I hope that the Jay Nolly experience is over. Give us Joe Cannon at home starting Wednesday, I've seen enough already in 2 games of Nolly that he is not at this level. Whether it is a confidence thing on his part or whatever, he has NOT looked good.

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the exception of the last 5 min when the Caps started to push, the whole game was shite. I would have been better off saving my 35 bucks and gone to SS for the Pak finals.

On a side note.... Teal Bunbury is a quality player, it's a shame he decided to play for the states.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's a shame he's an oxygen thief & traitor.

The CSA/MNT need to figure out how to convince Junior Hoilet at Blackburn to cap once and for all.

Teal who...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SixFyv - why did they haul him away?

He was down to his pants only... Shoes and shirt were off. So they decided to toss him. He tried to make a run for it and was taken down hard. In fact they came back to get his ID and clothes from his mates... And commented that he may have broken his wrist.

The shirtless supporters were class... Especially the tart who was down to her bra. Great stuff.

Non-footy highlights of the game... Kamara's throwing of his captain armband into the stand only to have it launched back at him... Followed by his 3-1 gesture to the crowd. When we tied it up, we were chanting his name. Also, the goalkeeper aka Billy Idol was entertaining. He made some outstanding stops, but the full length tights were embarrassing.

"Nice day for a..... White wedding"
"in the midnight hour... She cried more more more..."

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0