Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs Kansas City 20110625

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just finished watching the game thanks to PVR. what a waste of 2 hours! absolutely horrid display. the only good thing about the match I did't have to listen to mcewen and nash.

No wonder a thread wasn't started...:confused:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone who would have watched this was likely sucked into watching the USA Mexico game which wasn't a waste of 2 hours or a horrid display.

Imagine how good the Caps could be if they didn't have absolute rubbish in the centre of the park.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the 2 worst teams in the MLS both currently have Canadian centre midfielders. They should cancel each other out on Wednesday and Friday.

Just saying.

I will also say that Dunfield works extremely hard in the middle. He does not stop trying and he hates to come out of the game...definitely a competitor. But the same thing can said about Koffie, Brovsky and any other players that have been in there. The problem is that none of them can run the show and influence games in our favour from the most important position on the park. Dunfield's role could very well be the holding player in the middle...someone who is not counted on to dictate the game with the ball at his feet. The team must be looking for a designated player to fill this glaring hole on the team.

Yup, beating a dead horse.

:cool:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the 2 worst teams in the MLS both currently have Canadian centre midfielders. They should cancel each other out on Wednesday and Friday.

Just saying.

I will also say that Dunfield works extremely hard in the middle. He does not stop trying and he hates to come out of the game...definitely a competitor. But the same thing can said about Koffie, Brovsky and any other players that have been in there. The problem is that none of them can run the show and influence games in our favour from the most important position on the park. Dunfield's role could very well be the holding player in the middle...someone who is not counted on to dictate the game with the ball at his feet. The team must be looking for a designated player to fill this glaring hole on the team.

Yup, beating a dead horse.

:cool:

Reedie,

You just stated the obvious. Pay attention what Dunfield does when he gets the ball. He simply cannot wait to send it to somebody else!? No, it is not the sign of a player who plays fast and wants his team to move the ball quickly; it is a sign of a player who is not confident enough and simply is not good enough to play as a central midfielder. Whitecaps looked better without him.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terry D oh Terry D, the man in the middle for WFC, A hometown boy is so nice to see, but not when you play, like the womens div 3. A touch like a blacksmith with a sub par shot, Its time to shite terry or get off that pot. Need a fix T? we'll throw you a wrench, but if you keep this up son, grab some bench. A little rhyme is just a taste, but It makes more sense,than our good friend Base;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that traitor Owen Hargraves worth taking a flyer on? I think he's free and available on the market now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows. He's damaged goods, and hasn't played in some time. Maybe cheap, but I'm not the best to answer.

Claven is the best person to answer. :D And I know JBN will not be able to resist answering. I have my money on 2.5 minutes or less from this post.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows. He's damaged goods, and hasn't played in some time. Maybe cheap, but I'm not the best to answer.

Claven is the best person to answer. :D And I know JBN will not be able to resist answering. I have my money on 2.5 minutes or less from this post.

He already had a post ready should someone ask. He'll post it as soon as he's back at a computer I bet ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He just wants to "win" this one.

OK JBN...you've won...lasted more than 2.5 minutes. Give us the goods.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I'll bite (Just got the wee one off for a nap after a busy afternoon ;) )

If he signs for "less money" (ie not DP) than I'm all for signing him, although I cannot see him taking "less money" and if he does it will be with an EPL or Championship side in order to hang on to what remains, potentially, of his European Football/England NT career.

again, he isn't a "creator" type- he is a holding type of player. He's certainly an upgrade on TD even on half a peg, but we need a guy like that Fernandez chap that plays for Seattle... or we need another quality defensive midfielder so that the ball can go directly to Dede's foot everytime we get possession and he can do the creating.

imho...

also it should be noted that the bulk of the European contracts actually expire July 1. We don't know now, but I'd wager that they have already got someone transferred or signed on a Bosman.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
take your pick from the EPL (all available on a free July 1): Nigel Reo-Coker, Lee Bowyer, Tamir Cohen, Patrick Vieira, Owen Hargreaves, Jonathan Spector, Jason Koumas

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0