Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the fact that DeRo has been on 3 different MLS teams in the last year and has a 4th in Celtic if you count his effort at a loan/transfer there, says enough about his character.

He cannot be so 'expendable' if he's such a great guy to have in the changeroom.

my $0.02

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good thing my remote control was close to me. We are miles off. On to next game. This dam season has been long.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few things I took from my trip to Portland...

1) The Timber Army is awesome. There was an amazing atmosphere at Jeld-Wen and their fans are ardent supporters of the team. The Stadium itself is great and beer was way cheaper than in Van. What a great organization they have there.
2) Portland (the city) sucks...that town is about as exciting as a cold bowl of oatmeal although thinking back granola is a more appropriate term
3) The Southsiders cheered hard for 90 mins and were unflinching in their support for the boys, lots of fun to be among fans who stand and cheer for 90 straight.
4) I am a HUGE fan of going to away games. That was my first (couldn't do Seattle) and definitely not my last.

Anyhow, great time was had by we who went down and I encourage all who are on the fence about going to an away game to get on it!

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could hear you on the tube, but it seems the whitecaps could not. Most lacklustre performance to date. One could argue that the caps deserved better in their first half of the season. Lately they've more than earned their results. Even with the losses I had been enjoying the season. This last game was a real piss-off. Good timing on those ticket renewals.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just finished watching the game on PVR. I'm at a loss for words. Not saying I expect allot and will continue to get seasons tickets but this team is not going to win with the combination of players it has at the moment. Brutal!!!!!!

On another note the atmosphere seemed electric in Portland!!!

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to start a new thread for this one, but I was happy to see Rochat back in the line-up. What a difference from the last couple games. Aside from the inspired 15+ minutes Tan put in, I thought Leathers played his best match (lots of confidence) and Koffie had a great game.

I'd still like to see another (MLS) top level defender. Maybe a centre back, so Rochat can play on the left again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that the most pressing need in the off-season should be a quality central defender. It would solve so many problems in the squad I think.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's just it Berg, he can't be making much if anything. Who in their right minds would sign him to anything other than a small weekly wage and then match appearance bonuses?

He's likely on a pay to play contract, which makes you wonder what he's smoking to arrive at a decision to sign for Citeh, when he could be getting 60-90 minutes a game at Leicester, WBA, Norwich, Wigan, etc etc etc.

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they need a better central midfielder than Pete Vagenas to play with Koffie, and of course another center back. Rochat is good but he is far better on the left. Jordan Harvey to the subs bench. Maybe we need someone to play on the right as well, as there has been no regular there outside of the frustrating Jon Leathers?

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
He (and the seemingly forgotten Nizar Khalfan) are away this weekend, Caps don't play again until September 10 in New York. Both will be back for that match.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad, good guy and although he certainly wasn't the most skilled guy and lacked vision at times, his work rate and pure athletic ability I thought made up for some of his shortcomings and there are worse players on this team right now- both skill wise and work rate wise.

I don't think he even played a game once Teitur was sacked...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's now 3 open roster spots, so unless they're making a trade or signing 3 at once, I'd assume if there were signings to make they would've been made by now...unless they needed to clear more salary to add someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0