Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they hype surrounding this guy is real then I think we might have a gem to manage the team... although if he was really hype-worthy he'd likely be overseas in Europe working no?

Listening to him speak.....I'm guessing we haven't found a gem. A Scottish coach who claims possession is important? FFS, that's laughable. :D

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They already have a Scotsman at the club in Colin Miller.
He has more experience than the new guy and Tommy Soehn combined.Colin has coached in the SPL,USL, as well as stints with the National Team and he actually has a personallity. He will never be looked at, because he is Canadian and from BC.Why can the Top Brass not look under their noses and see what they have? Do we really have to put up with Tommy quick fix and his dumb decisions till the end of the season, that they seem to have given up on? Let Colin take the reigns till the end of the season, he cannot do any worse.
Same with the Residency, why are they developing players to compete against us in CONCACAF?How come they don't play the same way as the first team? (well maybe they do in some ways, they're not the best)
This club needs a philosophy and some direction, it is ovious that they are not getting it from who is in charge now.
The club is becoming a laughing stock.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it's the contrarian in me, but I think we need to give the new guy a chance before dumping all over him... Not sure we should be expecting awe-inspiring technical sermons from his first presser...

As for the players, I will say this - Soehn has them pulling the rope in the same direction. The difference in team chemistry between Chicago and Vancouver - two teams now with virtually identical seasons - was significant. I didnt get the sense that the Whitecaps were there with Teitur...

Not sure what more Soehn is supposed to do. He's operating in a complex system of player eligibility, roster spots, allocation money, etc etc etc... makes the CFL rules about imports / non-imports look elementary... Its not like the other MLS teams arent trying to sign diamonds in the rough, and this is hardly the league young kids grow up dreaming of playing in... There is some real, young talent in the roster, just as there are some clear placeholders that, frankly, arent at level.

What exactly did we expect from an expansion side?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They already have a Scotsman at the club in Colin Miller.
He has more experience than the new guy and Tommy Soehn combined.Colin has coached in the SPL,USL, as well as stints with the National Team and he actually has a personallity. He will never be looked at, because he is Canadian and from BC.Why can the Top Brass not look under their noses and see what they have? Do we really have to put up with Tommy quick fix and his dumb decisions till the end of the season, that they seem to have given up on? Let Colin take the reigns till the end of the season, he cannot do any worse.
Same with the Residency, why are they developing players to compete against us in CONCACAF?How come they don't play the same way as the first team? (well maybe they do in some ways, they're not the best)
This club needs a philosophy and some direction, it is ovious that they are not getting it from who is in charge now.
The club is becoming a laughing stock.

Jigsaw... you're calling for Miller to step in? Didn't we see enought direct football under Teitur? If it's about local guys, I would have preferred Nick Daso instead.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair comment, but at least you would know his background, playing all of those games with the National Team and Coaching the World Cup Team.
What do they know about this new guy? He's been ok at the lower level, what will he do with some of the ego's that are in the dressing room now?
Dasovic would be another great shout for a Coach at the Whitecaps, but again, he's Canadian and they are a rare sight at this club. He has about 5 years experience in MLS, he would do a better job than Tommy quick fix did. He's a good Coach.
Colin and Nick have no chance, unfortunately.
Can't see the forest for the trees. they wouln't know a good Player or Coach if they fell over one.
Shambles.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair comment, but at least you would know his background, playing all of those games with the National Team and Coaching the World Cup Team.
What do they know about this new guy? He's been ok at the lower level, what will he do with some of the ego's that are in the dressing room now?
Dasovic would be another great shout for a Coach at the Whitecaps, but again, he's Canadian and they are a rare sight at this club. He has about 5 years experience in MLS, he would do a better job than Tommy quick fix did. He's a good Coach.
Colin and Nick have no chance, unfortunately.
Can't see the forest for the trees. they wouln't know a good Player or Coach if they fell over one.
Shambles.

Agreed about Rennie. The new NASL is not MLS. And he's a Scot ;).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree the timing is a bit odd...what was the motivation behind that? Marketing? To show fans that there is a plan?

In any event, I see this as correcting a wrong. Teiter never should have been given the shot. He wasn't highly regarded by his players in the USL. He had very good USL players and on-field leadership around him, and the team did reasonably well under him.

In this case, the Caps can go the route of securing some recycled old hand, or look long term to somebody that may have higher potential, and is hungry. I like the thinking.

Too bad he's a Scot. That scares the shite outta me.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all very confusing...

The whole "OH is a traitor and he can rot in hell" crowd will surely be bent if he signs, thus everything you see on messageboards, forums, etc needs to be taken with an additional pinch of salt.

He's been offered a good deal (by all accounts) by Sven at Leicester and also by WBA in the Premier League, and still nothing...the only other club in the world being linked to him are the Caps.

I can't say we know 100% how good his health is, his youtube videos aside, but if he was able to stay fit, signing him up against competition from EPL sides would be a massive coup for the Caps, and sort out their central midfield problems...

now if only they could get a proper coach that knows about tactics etc and some help for the backline.. :eek:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all very confusing...

The whole "OH is a traitor and he can rot in hell" crowd will surely be bent if he signs, thus everything you see on messageboards, forums, etc needs to be taken with an additional pinch of salt.

He's been offered a good deal (by all accounts) by Sven at Leicester and also by WBA in the Premier League, and still nothing...the only other club in the world being linked to him are the Caps.

I can't say we know 100% how good his health is, his youtube videos aside, but if he was able to stay fit, signing him up against competition from EPL sides would be a massive coup for the Caps, and sort out their central midfield problems...

now if only they could get a proper coach that knows about tactics etc and some help for the backline.. :eek:

So... approximately 7 SSers will be upset :sad-cry:. Bring on OH!

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nolly was poor, but the defense was horrific, Harvey in particular. They hung Nolly out to dry, were ball chasing, and were poorly organised. It was a shooting gallery out there for DC. I have no problem with OH, but I'd rather the money was spent on some back line depth. Rochat goes out during the Chicago match, and the Caps were wide open down the middle.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why couldn't we pick up a player like D-Ro? is he an absolute tosser?

Jarju is obviously not going to be the answer to work with Hasseli up front. they seems to be on two different planets when they are out there together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0