Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it a shame that a supposedly top player from around here that was paid to play on the whitecaps now has to play for an amateur mens team as that is the next step down.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it a shame that a supposedly top player from around here that was paid to play on the whitecaps now has to play for an amateur mens team as that is the next step down.

Im sure he gets near the same rate at pocolumbus, un sure of benefits though. But im sure its all in the small print.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus will get the best players from POCO that's what I think willhappen. Youth will endup on Poco side. Thomas is back with POCO they will be fine. It is Sap an Croatia SC that need tonns of players to say on the top level.
Most liklley div one team will lose few guys to Croatia. I am not sure where Sap is getting the players from this year.
Onother Canadian player gets choped.T was way better for our kids. Sad to see T go. If it keaps going as it is you might see him back sonner than we think.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps can not win for life of them. In my opinion team lacks two tougher midfielders. They have kids running around but in my opinion turn overs are more than needed at thet level. Run and gun does not work against US well balenced clubs. It takes way more. I am sure head guys will bring a guy or two in. I just hate to see Canadian kids choped.
Keven is no wores than four other players on that roster. He just might head enough. He alway did like T.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, the whole league makes the same mistakes........seriously, it is a 'B' Professional League if you're looking at it compared to leagues around the world. How many times did Seattle pass the ball out of play when trying to switch to play out wide? At least 3 times in the second half alone. :(

On a positive note, I enjoyed tonight's game. Overall, Seattle looks to attack quickly when they get the ball and they love hitting the target man right away. There was a better tempo to this game than in previous games despite the glaring mistakes.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But, at the end of the day, we have to support this league to one day hope that we will see the best players play here.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But, at the end of the day, we have to support this league to one day hope that we will see the best players play here.

Or 2nd or 3rd best, honestly.

Canada to this point is so far down the scale required to compete for a WC spot that having Canadians competing for work on the world's Second Rate "B" level is a huge step up from what it has been for, what, 20 years?

Tough to see Harmse sent down, but what we need are the best youth players coming up through the pathways to get to the MLS and COMPETE for spots from these other "B" level professionals. From what we saw, can we say we was up to the level?

Imagine if Canada had 21 players of Hasili and Rochat level filling out the roster and bench? I think we'd be on par, if not better, than Mexico and the US.

Canada has a long way to go...at least the pathways are starting to form. It’ll take time and our support.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
with hassli playing in canada and most likely never going to get onto the france national team, perhaps we could see him suit up for us one day, if he stays here long enough.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
with hassli playing in canada and most likely never going to get onto the france national team, perhaps we could see him suit up for us one day, if he stays here long enough.

You would need to just grant him citizenship now. He's already 30.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys actually bring up a interesting point. In the future, guys signing with the caps who may be of real good quality, but not of there respective country quality(i.e Hassli inf Rance) if they lived here long enough and became citizens, could this become a "back door" way of improving the national team?

In Hassli's case, his age works against him. But what if he was much younger?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that's not exactly what I was getting at. I was simply stating that long term, one would hope the pathways being developped locally by WFC to improve the development of our youth players would give them a fair shot at competing for spots. That's the hope.

I suppose there is also the idea that Canada could benefit by having the odd player fall through the crack, but this can't be a long term strategy. It'd be great, and for sure the MNT should be looking at those opportunities, but no way it can be a key building block long term.

That being said...is Hassili "tied" to any nation, so far as his National duty is concerned? Could he be eligible for Canada if he were to get a citizenship in time?

That's a pipe dream, I know...but WC qualifying is approaching, and he'd sure look good against latin American countries, and the US for that matter.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hassli is not cap tied to any nation. I don't know the rules surrounding that stuff though, don't you need to tie with a certain country based on citizenship by a certain age?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hassli is not cap tied to any nation. I don't know the rules surrounding that stuff though, don't you need to tie with a certain country based on citizenship by a certain age?

I just looked it up. There's nothing specific about age. However, since he was not born here, nor were any of his parents or grandparents, in addition to obtaining Canadian nationality he would be required to live here for at least two years without interruption before becoming eligible to play.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I was just trying to see if there was any way to use some cheesy moves to improve the quality in the next few years. Obviously not a long term development goal.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem with long term development it takes to long. If the Whitecaps, TFC and Impact each sign 3 dp that are top quality but not tied to any country, in two years we have a national team that can be competitive. I wonder though if they will be able to learn our style of kick a ball really far and hope something comes of it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense here.....but Hassli scored one cracking goal. Is our National program that bad that we are now looking for a 30 year-old who can't make it in Europe anymore as the type of player to 'save' our National Team? FFS, we REALLY are in trouble if this is what we need. There is a reason he has never played for the French National team........he's not THAT good. Sorry to burst a few bubbles here, gentlemen, but let's be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0