Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps / BC Place Virtual View Seating

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i tried to call them, unsuccessfully, for 2 days and could not get anyone to pick up the phone. fortunately for me, their office is just a few blocks from mine. i went there and spoke to the sales manager. he confirmed to me that my seats are secure (by checking the system) and said that someone would contact me within a couple of weeks to finalize payments. i told him i wanted to give my payment information now. he took everything down and i got a copy of the confirmation. i also checked to confirm that is21's tix are secure.

they only have 5 people working the phones right now and they are constantly lit up. the system seemed to be sufficient enough that they could confirm my seats, etc. i would say that you can rest assured that they are organized enough that you will get what you reserved... eventually.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good.

Hopefully they will be as accommodating when I assure them they will get paid. Eventually.

:)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else get this today...

Thank you for purchasing season tickets for the 2011 Whitecaps season. Your original confirmation email indicated that you would be contacted by our office within 48 hours to confirm payment, but due to the volume of transactions, we have not been able to contact you in that time period. A member of our sales team will be in contact with you within the next week. Your season tickets are still secured and you need not do anything further at this point.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Your Whitecaps

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the manager just figured out that by sending an email that takes a couple of minutes to do is probably saving them from answering a couple hundred phone calls. Somebody earned his Christmas bonus.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally got a call and email for payment on Friday... email said that I could email payment info... pretty irresponsible to be asking people to do that :rolleyes:

Anyways, finalized payment today.

There was some info floating about that if you put down deposits on say 4 tickets but only secured 2, you could apply all 4 deposits to the 2 tickets. Unfortunately, for me, the guy I spoke to was pretty adamant that I can't do that and that the deposits were non-refundable. Fair enough I suppose but I wonder if anyone else has been able to apply all of their deposits to a less number of seats purchase.

Anyone?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got a call on Friday the 10th and I gave them my Visa info and then heard nothing from them. The following week I called and they said they were behind in processsing payments but I would get a receipt when my payment was processed. I called visa today to check my recent transactions and it looks like the payment went through on friday the 17th a week after they took my information. I have still not been emailed a receipt.

I hope they do a better job putting a team on the field then they are at selling season tickets.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I received an apology email at the beginning of December to say they were behind schedule, and to expect a call in the next few days to get everything squared away. By the 12th I hadn't heard from them so I finally called myself to give them my credit card info and as of today they've still yet to process the first payment. I'm sure it'll all be fine but I just hope this isn't an indication of how everything else is gonna go.

At least the Jerseys are nice.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i walked down to the office to do the same, TC. they are just overwhelmed right now. i am sure it will all be sorted out soon. look on the bright side, though... you dont have to pay this charge right around christmas!

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts exactly 65. Its nice not to have that charge on my card... Although I am slightly dissapointed with their inability to catch up, they've been "behind" for 2 months now? I called the week before Christmas and was told everything would be up to date by the 24th. I still have not been charged for the tickets. Not that I mind, it just isn't the best sign.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got a emailed an "invoice" from the Whitecaps notifying me that the remainder of my payment is required by February 4th.

Apparently I'm supposed to send an unsecure email back that completes their text form and includes my credit card number, expiry date, name on card, and security code (which they refer to as the "3 digits on the back of the card".)

I wonder if their credit card vendors know that they are requesting information in this manner? It is likely contravening their terms of service!

Seriously, how fcuking hard it is to setup a secure payment gateway?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I brought this up with them before, nice to see they are listening.

Not only that, I still haven't received an invoice from when they took my payment info before Xmas.

Maybe they should do a bit less twittering and focus a bit more on other areas :rolleyes:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell is twittering? Same thing as regs I paid before Christmas but didn't get an invoice, they asked for the payment by phone though not by email. First class operation they are running so far.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They didn't have enough notice dezza :rolleyes:... mickey mouse. I called up my ticket manager listed on the invoice and gave him my info over the phone (the least of the insecure payment options not listed).

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what single ticket prices will be like? I know tickets aren't on sale to the public until the full scheduale is released in Feb. But as Season Ticket holders did they release that information?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone have club seats? I am interested in buying a set but there is no club seats at empire. Only at bc place. Does anyone know how that will work or if there is a pro rated price on them.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone have club seats? I am interested in buying a set but there is no club seats at empire. Only at bc place. Does anyone know how that will work or if there is a pro rated price on them.

I have a pair I was told I would be compensated for all of the games at Empire, I have heard nothing since I paid for my tickets in December, I hope thats still the case with only 3 games at BC place.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0