Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whirlwind 24 hours sees two “dreams come true” for Vancouver Whitecaps midfielder Marco Bustos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought he looked really good last night.

The dummy at the top of the box (not Mattocks) was sublime. Why don't you see that very often anymore... it's a lost art I guess :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dammit.

I tuned out after the 1st half. That said, one of the questions I had w/ the starting line-up was, why not Bustos?

This was the perfect opportunity to get him in. Did he even play on Tuesday? That's the question I don't know the answer to. That said, I knew he was on the sheet, and my thinking was, travel be damned, put the kid into the #10 role, see how he does.

I love Gershon, but he's not a fit at the top of the midfield. He's perhaps become a bit typecast, but his strength is either in the holding role, or (his usual), the link man in a 5 man unit. A great box-to-box player. But up top, you want that creativity, and I wanted to see Marcos in that role.

I still have it recorded, so it now behooves me to go home and watch the 2nd.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha! Just read (thanks, great read) and answered my own questions.

Glad Robo put him in. A start may have been asking a lot, but youth does help recovery. Anyways, great for him, hope we see more vs. Houston.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
All that was left was that MLS debut and it came in Frisco, Texas on Wednesday night when Bustos came on as a 61st minute sub, just over 24 hours after earning his first senior cap for Canada in the 1-1 draw with Ghana in DC on Tuesday evening, playing the final 19 minutes of that match.

So this is unnecessary:) But I was already started so why not

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0