Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which waste of ice-time do you think the Canucks will bring back?

Which "waste of space" will the canucks re-sign?

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't free agency begin July 1st or something like that? So he's still a leaf just as Naslund is still a Canuck :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, I missed a lot so I'll thow out an idea. Or 2. You have to re-sign Mo, there is a huge shortage of offensive center's this year, Mo is one of the best, why not take him when he'll take a discount.

The Lightning have a desperate need for defenseman, maybe a package for some offensive help. I know Nonis would be willing to trade up for a pick. This draft is so deep in defenceman you'll be able to grab decent ones for the first couple rounds. Canucks throw a Bieksa/Edler/Bourdon plus their #10 and maybe another round for Tampa's #1, effectivley granting us the next Crosby in Steve Stamkos? Ah, dreams.....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny, I was thiking this earlier today - Would you unload/offer the twins & Bieksa for Stamkos?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
jeff carter would be an exspensive option. another option might be satan out of NYI. he's only 32, and might have something left in the tank. corey stillman could be a big risk, but if he can produce, it might work with him and morrison on a line. how long before 16 is in the rafters?, and do if nazzy retires as well do they put 19 away as well?.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny, I was thiking this earlier today - Would you unload/offer the twins & Bieksa for Stamkos?

If we could get some sort of replacement for the twins then yes, but Tampa has been in salary dump mode so I can't see them picking up $11M in salary. But I would be willing to part with Bieksa, 1st rounder, Grabner, Schneider (They will need a goalie when Smith doesn't pan out).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fam or Feaster said yesterday they needed more offensive production as things actually droppped after the deadline for them... from Tampa's perspective, the twins with Halpern = instant super 2nd line, they got Picard in the Prospal deal so just a couple of tweaks to the backend and they are instant Cup contenders next year.

For cap purposes, send them Edler instead of Bieksa.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
from Tampa's perspective, the twins with Halpern = instant super 2nd line, they got Picard in the Prospal deal so just a couple of tweaks to the backend and they are instant Cup contenders next year.

So, once Tampa adds the Sedins, they are instant Cup contenders? Wait, isn't that what the Canucks want to be? So why not keep the Sedins and concentrate on getting someone to play with them here? I realize Tampa still has Lecavalier & St. Louis, but the Canucks are going to want one of those guys if they ever traded the Sedins, which they won't.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got a feeling we're gonna see a major change with this team. Thank god I never bought a jersey with a name on the back this year!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, once Tampa adds the Sedins, they are instant Cup contenders? Wait, isn't that what the Canucks want to be? So why not keep the Sedins and concentrate on getting someone to play with them here? I realize Tampa still has Lecavalier & St. Louis, but the Canucks are going to want one of those guys if they ever traded the Sedins, which they won't.
Uh pretty sure the subtopic was trading for Tampa's #1 pick, ie, Stamkos? If he is the second coming of Crosby, it would be a no-brainer from the Nucks pov.

Raymond - Stamkos - Shannon
Pyatt - Morrison - Rolston
Burrows - Kesler - Pettinger
Rypien - Ruutu - ?

Plenty of Cap space left over... this lineup would get me cranked up next year for sure :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey doesn't have an NHL team last I checked.

Bring over Larouque (sp?) then with Ruutu from the Pens, both are UFAs

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uh pretty sure the subtopic was trading for Tampa's #1 pick, ie, Stamkos? If he is the second coming of Crosby, it would be a no-brainer from the Nucks pov.

Raymond - Stamkos - Shannon
Pyatt - Morrison - Rolston
Burrows - Kesler - Pettinger
Rypien - Ruutu - ?

Plenty of Cap space left over... this lineup would get me cranked up next year for sure :D

Why would they trade 2 guys away that had over 150 points??? Trading the Sedins would be the dumbest move ever!! Are we changing the team name to Regs??? Vancouver Midgets? Your total weight combined up their is 2200 pounds, they sure would be scary come playoff time:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They would trade them for the next Crosby and because there is talk of massive changes in the direction of the team.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They would trade them for the next Crosby and because there is talk of massive changes in the direction of the team.

I've been hearing that too, Aquilini's not happy and they want to prove that they want this team to win and give the fans what they want. Weird hearing an owner say that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think I would. He can play now, and you can build a line around him through fee agency.

Gotta re-sign Morrison.

Now I'll get back to the rest of the thread...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0