Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which FVSL team has the crappiest pitch?

Where is the worst pitch in the FVSL that teams play on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I missed a couple but their sure are some shitty pitches out there.

Couple that come to my mind are......

Reeves Turf- Great idea on building a turf field just to bad if it rains it gets shut down....who built this shite?

McLean Park- One of the worst drainage fields around. If it rains your not playing.

Mission Sports Plex- Nice Grass but another garbage field that is open till end of October then done for the season.

Bradner Park- Three quarters soccer pitch one quarter baseball diamond. I don't even think this park is half the size of a turf field:confused:

Cedar Park- Long grass, shitty drainage, pot holes....its an injury magnet!

Port Moody Turf- Heres a tip adding a dump truck full of black pelets every year doesn't make it softer

I know there is more...discuss

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you who are confused with Reeves, it is now called Gates Turf and has been for a few years now.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newton #1 is pretty ugly. The parts of the field that stick up are nice to trip over. And it's not much softer then Pocos cement patch.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
its close between the cement patch and gates but it has to be gates. if you have a turf field closing due to rain whats the point of having an artificial surface when there are some natural surfaces that drain better....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This isn't even close. The Pomo pitch is the worst by a long shot, followed then by NAP #1 Turf. Both are green coloured concrete pitches that have some tennis ball fuzz on them that will rip your skin to pieces if you fall on it and it's not pissing rain.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This isn't even close. The Pomo pitch is the worst by a long shot, followed then by NAP #1 Turf. Both are green coloured concrete pitches that have some tennis ball fuzz on them that will rip your skin to pieces if you fall on it and it's not pissing rain.

I change my vote after watching the gummers versus nc last night..I was shocked that they let teams play on this shite...why why the fuk is there cement two steps from the pitch....almost a serious injury last night....balls bouncing like a basketball game all over the place.

Why doesn't the Gummers play at Heritage Woods?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton park in New West where the New West Celtic play is pretty bad, bradner is small but they have change rooms. Port Moody turf is the worst by far. I heard a rumour that Cedar park got a ton of money put into it to make it better. rumour has it it has Lights now change rooms and the pitch is well maintained by the city??? any of this true???

Double R

Aug 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
bradner by far is the worst park ive played at in my life. 2 corners were hardened gravle baseball diamonds, there will multiple hills on the field, minimal amounts of grass on the "best" areas of the pitch, the lines were an inch wide and not straight, and so on and so on. If i was the ref i would not have aloud the game to be played there.

the cement patch is a close second.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Port Moody "cement patch" is past its time, we know. Its been around for 10 years now I think? Fortunately, come April we can hope to make the best feild in the FVSL as its finally going to get completely re-done. Don't worry franchise, that doesn't mean just a fresh pile of rubber. We're not fond of how close the change rooms are to the field either, field was there and they built the ice rink/change rooms right up to it. Apparently the new field is going to be built a few yards further from the cement wall. We've been fortunate not to see a serious injury there.

Heritage Woods sucks. Have you ever played there? It's Fing cold, has a terrible wind problem, floods in heavy rain and has football lines, although I am pretty sure the school does not have a football team.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Port Moody "cement patch" is past its time, we know. Its been around for 10 years now I think? Fortunately, come April we can hope to make the best feild in the FVSL as its finally going to get completely re-done. Don't worry franchise, that doesn't mean just a fresh pile of rubber. We're not fond of how close the change rooms are to the field either, field was there and they built the ice rink/change rooms right up to it. Apparently the new field is going to be built a few yards further from the cement wall. We've been fortunate not to see a serious injury there.

Heritage Woods sucks. Have you ever played there? It's Fing cold, has a terrible wind problem, floods in heavy rain and has football lines, although I am pretty sure the school does not have a football team.

no one's bothered by football lines, the worst thing about heritage woods is that if a shot goes high, wide and handsome, the ball rolls down heritage mountain and is lost forever...

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody and Heritige Mtn are horrible. But Gates is unbelievable. A couple of years ago during practice I was going full speed and that section by the eighteen where the whole turf comes up took me down. Seriously how does that happen. My wife was picking rubber out of my thigh for about 2 hours.

And Keven, while Cedar had some work done is was close to unplayable on Saturday, one side being a mudbowl, I'm sure it's done for a while after this rainstorm.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

So their going to built the field on the railroad tracks???

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gates turf now has the competition for worst turf pitch for flooding.....Heritige Woods closed last night for standing water!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has to be gates turf.

Last 3 times I've gone to play there, I have actually showed up and gone swimming in warmups before the game was cancelled

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
a 40 yard puddle at Hertige Wood Park last night....most likely 50-60 with the weather today......

How is it possiable to build a turf field which doesn't drain?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One that has the underground plumbing that drains the water full of crap or nowhere to drain..

Isn't that the one way up top of the mountian that was only built like 5 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0