Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where's Elmo?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TSS has apparently "served" BC Soccer and is suing them.

What's it all about?

Not picked for HPL?

:rolleyes:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
tssacademy.com - TSS Academy Takes Legal Action Against BC Soccer

Friday, 11 May 2012

This is to inform our membership that on May 10, 2012 TSS Academy along with its parent company, Sportstown BC Holdings Ltd, issued the British Columbia Soccer Association (BCSA) with a Notice of Civil Claim.

It's unfortunate that conditions have brought our organization to this point. However, we feel compelled to pursue this course of action in order to defend the interests of TSS Academy and Sportstown BC Holdings.

To ensure there's full transparency, and to ensure there's no misunderstanding over the nature of our grievances, we have published the Notice of Claim at:

http://www.tssacademy.com/docs/bcsa-claim-may10-2012.pdf

Regards,

Colin Elmes
Director
TSS Academy

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wont be commenting on the soccer-related parts of this, except to say that MUFC is certainly non a "for-profit" entity... Hopefully that helps stop TSS in their tracks.

From a legal perspective, that is QUITE the fcuk you lawsuit... Punitive damages are for exceptional cases where one party has really tried to fcuk the other party over royally... and the orders for specific performance (or injunctions as framed here) are really quite remarkable... cut off the financial tap completely? please....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ciara's piece is one of the most ill-informed pieces of journalism I have ever had the misfortune of reading... and I read the Province Sports Section on occasion...

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ciara's post is insulting to those who have lived in fascist regimes, to say the least.

She carries on about the lack of women in the game - specifically administration and coaches. I have asked her "How many women applied for these positions?" Follow-up question was then "Of the women that did apply and did NOT get a job, were they more or less qualified than the male that did get the desired position?" She has no answer to either question. She simply sees a lot of males, and very few females and then demands there is no equality/opportunity. She also hasn't answered the question "Would you rather have a less qualified woman coaching just to get more women involved?"

She cited a few specific positions. One being the BCSPL "board" prior to its inception. She cited the mentorship program running currently. She noted how few women were involved. I asked "how many applied?" No answer. I then asked "how many are qualified that even WANT to be a part of those?" No answer. Re: the board she went on about how there was a qualified candidate at the table and her issue was they kept referring to the potential possessor of a position as "he". I asked "was the woman at the table interested in the position?" No answer.

She is a smart lady, and a fair enough writer. But her critical perspective begins and ends with what she is concerned with. She doesn't appear to look at the other side of the discussion. Which is concerning considering she has a masters degree.

In all my years I've seen very few women interested in coaching. Quite a fair amount interested in the administration (board members, volunteers, things like that). The ones that are interested in coaching seem to get every opportunity to try their hand.

Just to be totally clear - Women must be encouraged to take up coaching in this game. They must be. It's needed. It's wanted. So if you know any woman interested in coaching, be they current players, ex-players etc....send me a message. I've got a club they can apply to be a part of...and that clubs' technical staff can decide if the applicant is right for the job they wish, or if they can find another more suitable position if not appropriate for the desired one. (Or if there is an incumbent in that position already who is more suitable/qualified).

@MTKB - I think one of her recent "news" reports was in fact in the Province???

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wont be commenting on the soccer-related parts of this, except to say that MUFC is certainly non a "for-profit" entity... Hopefully that helps stop TSS in their tracks.

From a legal perspective, that is QUITE the fcuk you lawsuit... Punitive damages are for exceptional cases where one party has really tried to fcuk the other party over royally... and the orders for specific performance (or injunctions as framed here) are really quite remarkable... cut off the financial tap completely? please....

Thanks for your free legal perspective MTKB. Not to worry, still on the track. Just getting going actually. Too bad you wont comment on the soccer related parts. Thats just typical of our system.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colin, given my profession I fail to see how a lawsuit is going to help anyone or, more importantly, advance the development of youth players in this province. But, you've retained senior counsel to assist, and I dont practice in the area, so please do not take me to be providing anything other than an anecdotal, first blush commentary with respect to the lawsuit. I did, however, take the time to read the notice of claim.

Happy to discuss the soccer related parts offline. Given my role with the BSCPL, my personal views are 1) irrelevant and 2) not for public consumption. Neither of those are barriers to a coffee, for instance. That said, given the injunctive relief you seek, this will be argued and resolved sooner rather than later. You may be too busy...

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colin, given my profession I fail to see how a lawsuit is going to help anyone or, more importantly, advance the development of youth players in this province. But, you've retained senior counsel to assist, and I dont practice in the area, so please do not take me to be providing anything other than an anecdotal, first blush commentary with respect to the lawsuit. I did, however, take the time to read the notice of claim.

Happy to discuss the soccer related parts offline. Given my role with the BSCPL, my personal views are 1) irrelevant and 2) not for public consumption. Neither of those are barriers to a coffee, for instance. That said, given the injunctive relief you seek, this will be argued and resolved sooner rather than later. You may be too busy...

Thanks MTKB. Normally I would respond in detail but currently that is not advisable. Maybe one day for coffee. I know where you stand. Sad that your personal views, because of BCPL, are not for public consumption. Thats is one of the things that keeps holding us back

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I need that 10 mins back of my life from reading that. Just my opinion but sounds like sour grapes to me. $$$$$$$

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer Responds

Dear BC Soccer Members,

BC Soccer has now filed its
Response to the Notice of Civil Claim of the Plaintiffs, Sportstown BC Holdings Ltd. and Total Soccer Systems Inc
., that we reported to you on May 16, 2012.

BC Soccer is providing you the above link to its Response to ensure utmost transparency and to enable you to understand our position on the allegations made by the Plaintiffs regarding BC Soccer’s operation of youth soccer programs.

Our association takes the mandate of its membership to govern affiliated soccer in BC very seriously and intends to vigorously defend the Plaintiffs’ attack on the BC Soccer Constitution, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations. BC Soccer considers the claim advanced by the Plaintiffs to be without merit and will take all available steps to have the claim dismissed expeditiously.

We appreciate your ongoing interest and support in this matter and will keep you apprised of our steps moving forward.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0