Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to Buy Her...

The Gift For Her 2004

• Chocolate: Because guys like a little junk in the trunk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A gym membership: Honey, you're already a 10. I'm just saying you can be an 11.

• I-Pod: I won't borrow it from you. No, really.

• Perfume: Because you like obnoxious, overpowering "aromas"

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright gents. Including today, 8 more days until we decide it's time to hit the mall and have to figure out what to buy "her" for Christmas. I know none of you guys have bought "her" anything yet, and none of you guys have even thought about what to buy "her" yet.

But gentlemen, we must unite and help one another. Let us throw out possibilities of gifts and then ALL of us will buy "her" this gift.

If "she" hates the gift, well, we're all in the same boat, and she can't throw out the line: "I can't believe all you bought me was this! Do you know what STD bought Ms. STD? He bought her a freaking diamond ring with 'I Love You' inscribed in miniature rubies. Why can't you be so romantic?"

If she loves the gift, then we're all stars!

So let's hear some possibilities other than a "pearl necklace."

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If someone does see me buying her a diamond ring please shoot because clearly I have lost my mind and there is no hope for me. I have learned that when you have been given a list stick to that list and don't even think about buying something off the list because if they haven't thought of it they don't want it. I personally try to avoid the romantic gifts on that list in order to avoid that you do love me phrase we all hate to hear. So keep to the list and keep the gifts impersonal and you will have a merry but not too merry Christmas.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
If someone does see me buying her a diamond ring please shoot because clearly I have lost my mind and there is no hope for me. I have learned that when you have been given a list stick to that list and don't even think about buying something off the list because if they haven't thought of it they don't want it. I personally try to avoid the romantic gifts on that list in order to avoid that you do love me phrase we all hate to hear. So keep to the list and keep the gifts impersonal and you will have a merry but not too merry Christmas.

Man...you are so smart...you must have learned a HARD lesson!! ;)
One thing to always remember...if you ARE going to sway away from the "list"...diamonds are a girls best friend :D

Don't do what Mr. striker14 did and put a rolling pin in "her" stocking...and when given the, "I can't believe you gave me a rolling pin" look...don't say something stupid like "now you can bake me some goodies" because it makes for a wonderul weapon ;)

Happy Shopping!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Don't do what Mr. striker14 did and put a rolling pin in "her" stocking...and when given the, "I can't believe you gave me a rolling pin" look...don't say something stupid like "now you can bake me some goodies" because it makes for a wonderul weapon ;)

I think he gave you the rolling pin as a hint, as in: Please use this on me and put me out of my misery.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a close call...I really had to hold back...trust me!!
It sure beat the casserole dish he had wrapped up for me under the tree!
He is so giving :rolleyes:

striker14

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
I think he gave you the rolling pin as a hint, as in: Please use this on me and put me out of my misery.
Another December post of the month candidate!

Is there a water supply health warning out today?

:D

~Regs.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a serious note :rolleyes: La Senza or La Vie en Rose always work as well...usually if you don't know the size of "her" and you don't want to insult "her"...Gift Certs. work just fine!!

Hey Dial...nice one on the "put me out of my misery"...I would even vote for that one...fcuker!! ;) I line em' up...you knock em' down!!

striker14

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
pyjamas, bracellette(sp?) or watch, tickets to concerts, chocolate (if you make her a stocking), digital camera, gift certificates for massage, MP3 player w/radio for watching tv while at the gym, perfume gift pack, her fav' DVD, a DVD player if she doesn't have one, new cd player for her car, cute lil' tree ornaments for the Christmas tree, a subscription to redbook or cosmo or something

there's lotsa things you can get

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good cheapo is the Love Actually DVD. It's a romance (duh) that she'll love, and you'll find it funny as well.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff,

How very commercial and materialistic of you :p ...All that stuff would work ;)

+it'snosecretthatStrickerlikesgreenorganictypegifts ;) ...

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love Actually? Funny? As in humourous?

Your bird must have learning difficulties.

I'm with the legendery Dutch #10 who said
MP3 player w/radio for watching tv while at the gym
. If Canadia has that kind of technology then get stuck into that. The MP3 players everywhere else only play music. How clever someone in Canadia invented one with a telly as well. Does it only work in a gym?

or something.
Best idea of the lot. Best to get her something.

What if her is a him?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody say a muzzle. Or am I the only one living with a pain in the arse nag. Woosa!
BWAH HAH HAH!!!!! :D

Hilarious....

Steve - I guess you're pretty good at ducking....

Since I've been living with Mrs. stew for far far longer than rational, I've learned that a few things are more acceptable than others:

1) La Senza gift certificates work just fine...
2) women have this strange fixation with shiny rocks....
3) shoes should be purchased only by gift certificates. Don't do that to yourself....
4) if you're really not sure about something you've bought when you're at the desperate stage, get one of the kids to say "I thought of it all by myself" before giving it to Mum. Then duck.
5) there is no such thing as too much chocolate body paint...
6) despite what you're led to believe about perfume, a woman will only use up so much of it over any period of time. She will be really impressed if you tell her "it smelled really nice on the sales clerk" :rolleyes:
7) never buy her anything that can be used as a weapon against you (even if you can duck really well like Steve); you have to sleep sometime...
8) picking dead flowers out of what's left of the garden only seems to work if you're under the age of 7...
9) if you're really stuck, tell her you're taking her on vacation to somewhere warm with a beach "when you get time in January." Then duck....
10) the Premium Membership on TTP...who could really go wrong with that? Then again, how many times has Mrs. Regs posted now?
11) wrapping yourself up naked with a ribbon and bow: not a good idea unless you've got a backup plan (no, telling her that "it could have been worse - look what Mrs. KNVB has to put up with" isn't a good backup plan).
12) lottery tickets - see the part about ducking, above in several different places...

lots more ideas, but I've got to go - Mrs. stew wants the same kind of suit that Uma Thurman wore in Kill Bill, and I have to go find one for her before she can find a katana..... :rolleyes:

beers,

stew :cool:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
it'snosecretthatStrikerlikesgreenorganictypegifts ;)

HA HA HA...uh, yeah...I like organic lettuce...goes well with my organic tomatoes!! ;)

SC...you're classic

striker14

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
terry said:
The MP3 players everywhere else only play music. How clever someone in Canadia invented one with a telly as well. Does it only work in a gym?

What if her is a him?

Some have a radio built in as well that picks up the audio from whatever tv show is playing on the "telly" if so equiped. You could buy her a normal MP3 player but then she couldn't hear Dr. Phil. Anything that encourages her to stay on that elyptical trainer. :rolleyes:

If her is a him... buy yourself (just yourself) a one way bus ticket ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gift Certificates can always get you in trouble though.
Anyone ever get this response from a gift certificate?
"You mean you don't know enough about what i like to pick something out yourself? How long have we been together?"

Mrs. Yoda hasn't used it but i have heard people who have.

Keep it simple. We've decided to just do stockings for each other, filled with basic stuff: smelly candles, lacy underwear, smelly soap, chocolates, socks, etc. Not sure what i'll put in hers though.
Then usually buy something for the house that both of us want.

See if you can sway her over to that way of thinking. If you can't she's too materialistic and you should dump her. Love isn't about gifts you know.

Anyways, back to reality.

We spend most of our money on our daughter instead of ourselves. It's there time of year not ours.

mytwocents

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
We spend most of our money on our daughter instead of ourselves.
It's there time of year not ours.

Good on ya...that's the way it should be!!
Stockings are the best part of Christmas anyways...tons of good shite you can stick in a stocking! Shoppers Drug Mart has wicked stocking stuffer stuff.

striker14

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0