Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Week 6 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next!

CA 5 - 2 WV

3 - 1 at the half. WV battled tough with some skilled players, but in the end, not enough. Big match against the Blaze next weekend. Looking forward to it.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch
You forgot to mention our new (and much taller) keeper. The goals against didn't show it but it was a definite upgrade in keeping team stress levels down on pass backs.
Edgar had Dom Mobes on the phone after the game thinking we might need some more scoring after 30 shots sailed high or wide. I thought the defender's leg was going to fall off from all those goal kicks.
The Blaze knocking off Primos is a bit of a surprise, it'll make next week's game between CA and Blaze more interesting.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Pleasant Surprise

Cliffhanger,

My apologies, that was a stellar, composed, performance in the pipes. I especially enjoyed that backpeddling diving stop when the match was still early. IMO, you had no chance on either goals.

Next week should be good one. It'll be nice to be back on a flawless surface again. :)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 0 Coug's 0

Went and caught the game on the way to Old Man Potayto's place for thanksgiving dinner. On the menu: Baked potatoes, stuffed potatoes, sweet potatoes, potato pot pie, french fries, potato pancakes, potato chips and NFL football. The soccer game? Can't really call it that. No offense to the teams, they did their best but I don't think Real Madrid themselves could play soccer on that shithole they call King George #2. Have never had the pleasure of even seeing that pitch before and I was dumbstruck. I don't think you could make a pitch that shitty if you fcuking tried. What a disgrace. I feel very sorry for the Coug's if that is their home pitch. Anyway, elephants next week and I get to play a game for once. Yippee Ki Yay

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The NSU vs Cougars game was boring. Played on a shitehole of a pitch. The 2nd half nearly put me to sleep, and I was on the park. Cougars have improved from last year, but still need aways to go. They have no forwards. But then again we didn't score against them!

makeitmikes

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's vs Cougars

I think both teams agree:

The field was shite!
Game was boring and even.

But....Cougars get a point...1 of many more to come.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC 3 NS Primos 0

The worst game I have ever seen us (Primos) play in my two years with the team.

First half:

Early shite goal off a corner was my own rust and poor position. Second goal I will give full credit to #9 city fc as he is skilled and can dance like Fred Astaire out there but our guys should have put him on his ass, but it was a great volley non the less.

Second half:

Not much of interest, things got scrappy we could not regroup. They scored their third on an offside ball but the spirit seemed to have been broken by that point.

Keys: no excuses for us but key injuries to a striker, and middle defender also general illness from a few other key players on our side. Full credit to City FC for capitalizing on our poor play.
I can gaurantee the result will not be the same come next meeting.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo Vs Metro Ford

Either Metro Ford was short some players.....or Indo C has really improved from last year. Indo won the game 3-2. Any comments from any Metro Ford players on the game.......just curious.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC 3 NS Primos 0

We were also missing our star in the mid field. Captain composure which definetly hurt us as the balls were not getting slipped through the clogging defence.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
primos

Seems to me as when things get scrappy the Primos disapear! (sp?) As for Captain Compsure, I sure hope you're not talking about Enzo. He's so full of himself it's unbelievable. Biggest whiner on the pitch. My newborn doesn't even cry as much as that Fcukin wanker does. He tries to recite his credits on the park like it's supposed to impress others, but his play is far from the truth. 3rd div wanker is what I give this baffoon!

That's my 2 and a half cents.

one-eye

Sep 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK train derailed!!

Well, someone on the NK train has to break the silence after our most dissapointing loss this season.

For all you NK ill wishers out there the score does not reflect the game. No way did Polska walk us. Overall it was a great game, clean and fun to play in.

After 45 things were all tied up 0-0. Both teams has a couple of good chances and the stage was set for an exciting finish that could go either way.

A couple thoughts

Overall, Nk played very well. Back line was solid. Mike plyed very well. Good distribution from Yomama and the Watcher was solid although he seemed a litted distracted? (I think he couldn't get the visual out of his mind pertaining to his last post, scarry).

Mid worked hard, Ivo gave a solid 55 minutes, one-eye held the ball well but oftered very litte attacking threat. Still a little choppy moving the ball around and there are gaps between back and mid and mid and forwards, Fitness!!!

Polska was solid but player for player we were even. Take a wawy a weak penalty call and the game outcome is entierly different. After Polskas second goal we softened. A late Nk goal sparked us and we showed promise of a tie when polska scored a highlight reel cracker from 18 out due to Nk trying to push forward opening up play. the gamble didn't pay off this time.

1. Our center mid import was a great addition but unfortunately we are not accustomed to playing through the midfield and he was overlooked much of the time when showing to receive from the backs.

2. Beakman was great in goal stacked the pads a couple of times but we missed him out and Hooveer's presence in the pipes. Hoover adds another dimention back there with his ball control and ability to start an attack.

3. One-eye brings with him a reputation and two bad hamstrings and has not given the team the boost we've needed to break through. Niko, is what we need up front unfortunately, he played the wrong game for us.

We did get a picture of the Nk header that brought the score within 1 with 6 minutes to go.

A few adjustments and NK is a real contender. Polska played a good game my hat off to them.

good night.

:wa:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos

I would think Captain Composure would be the black guy playing in the middle. Better be anyway. He was easily Primos best player against us and without him they'd be like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Going nowhere fast.

One-eye: Nice hops on the big guy there but I would like to request you only shoot pictures from behind from the waist up, please.

harris76

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
banter

Just a quick note to set something straight. We are a new team, surrounded by beautiful fans. Once we get our shite together, we are going to score both on and off the field.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harris,

Who are you guys going to score with off the field?
Yourselves? The other team? The fans? Local wildlife? You have to spell it out for the rest of us in TTP land.

harris76

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of the banter about us so far states, we suck on the field but our fans are supremely hot. Thus, when we pick our socks up we will score on and off the field.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PG 'B'

We've yet to play PG 'B' ... I can't wait to see the fans - hopefully we get to play them on a sunny day.

harris76, you better start getting your sh!t together soon as I smell a winless season coming your way if not.

Spud,

The black guy in the middle on Primos is Joe - great skill and vision... very good player. He could deke Muhammed Ali out of his shorts with some of the moves he has...

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
French Kiss

Yomama, looks like I'm off the hook for the french kiss this week. Thought you guys might have a tough time with them. Watcher probably wanted to throw the game anyways cause I'm sure he'd be very envious of my position had you guys won. Better luck next time.

P-P-P-P-P-P-ucker up Watcher !!!!!!!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
let's move over...or start a new thread

I see this thread had switched focus from predictions, to mild banter and further to results. For the banter, lets hop over, after this post, a couple of strands to the appropriate thread and as per results....let's make a new one. We wouldn't want to disorient and confuse some of the simple minded posters trying to keep up.

Mickster,

concider yourself blessed and fortunate that NK came out on the wrong side of the win column this week. Judging by the picture of yomama in the 'div 2 banter' thread, it would seem a great imposibility, should you have had to follow through with yomamas request if NK won, that you would ever find yourself after kissing her...I mean his...i mean her's a**. On a serious note...Polska played well and we were short our starting keeper...lucky for you.

Harris 76,

welcome to ttp! I see on the schedule that you have yet to be run over by the NK train. We meet at the half way mark and then the last game of the season. The manager wishes you the best as you fight for recognition and glory among the contending teams. Can you hear that???.....thats the NK train rolling down the tracks right for your team....fans and all. Mabey you shouldn't invite them when we meet...they might start cheering for us!;)

Allingoodfunbutwaitingtorunyouoverwithmanygoals!

manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0