Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Week 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas safe

Kurgan, Max, et al,

Not pretty is right. A hard fought, albeit clean, scrap is the only way to describe today.

We got a lucky break for the goal, but to be honest ours was never threatened. Despite all that has been thrashed about on here all season between our two teams, we always enjoy the battle and it's a healthy rivalry.

Here's to you guys staying up in your playoff game. Best of luck!!

We look forward to building on this season with the addition of some quality players and also look forward to playing our home games at Connaught Park next year, right in front of our clubhouse on a newly conditioned field!!

Lots of people on here never gave us a chance this year, but we competed with the big guns and earned some valuable ties, and they are what brought us survival.

Fastshow, you were very vocal in the off season, and completely wrote us off. I will need to spend some time looking for some classic quotes so look out for them.

In the meantime, we're staying up - so stick that up your crusty cakehole you dipshit!!

dazwhohaslovedthechallengeandlooksforwardtonextyear
:D :D :D

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1 Pgr 0

Ugly game. Very ugly indeed.

Lomas went up early on an own goal that I wish hadn't decided the game. Unlucky Steve K. PGr carried the play for the most part but were unable to to convert when they had the chance. Max had a great chance and hit it straight at me.

Tony at the back for PGR was the best player on the park all day for my money. Max and Kurgs did they're bit but at the end of the day we did what we've done all season....muck it out, hang on and get a result when we needed it.

You make you're own luck and we did today.

Fcuk all the BS thats gone on over the past few months on here. The PGR lads deserve to be in Div 1 and I, for one , hope they do the biz in the play-off game.

Kurgs, in that game ...play 3-5-2 with you deep in the midfield...you'll rip them, whoever they may be, apart.

Lastly, well done to our guys who've worked hard all year just to keep us competetive. We managed to keep ourselves up and that was the goal. Good luck to PGR in the play-off game.

luckwasonoursidetodaygaffa....

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fun game

i had fun.

besides the fact that i shat the bed when i shot straight at the keeper. it would have been nice to score on the other team as well as ourselves (a cracker from about 20 yards!), but in the end it was a enjoyable game to play in. i don't really agree about it being that ugly, it was hard fought and mostly clean soccer. lomas defended well and pgr never managed to sustain the pressure long enough to perpetrate a goal.

i also wouldn't really call our team bitter enemies, which is in contrast to all the trash talking that some people have participated in this year.

my man of the match for lomas is gaffa, and i don't really agree about tony, i give pgr man of the match to s'beis boy(#2), always solid.

looking forward to one more game,

max

ps. looks like the North Van fields are closed this weekend. Can anyone confirm this?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 2 - Sikh Temple 2

Good game today and I'm sure much better to watch than yesterday, although that's not saying much.

Sikhs knocked the ball about well and are a skillful side, but didn't really threaten our goal until the second half.

Lomas went ahead just before the break with a spectacular diving header from skipper Tommy Ring who was outstanding again today.

The Sikhs scored two goals in about 3 minutes with about 15 mins left, the first a great finish, the second a penalty after a careless handball.

The Lomas were not going to give this one away easily though and were rewarded for great effort all round with a nice finish by supersub Brogan with about 10 minutes left.

This was a well contested game and a big effort from the Lomas to finish on 17 points. Well done lads and well battled this season.

dazwholooksforwardtoscoringforfunagaininthesummerleague:D

Good luck PGR!!!;)

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 2 Peg-Olys 1

Too little too late. Not much to say except that our new keeper certainly does not have 'sleepy hands'. Makes quite a difference. Now if we can just meet his salary demands for next year...

Anyways, Div 1 relegation game will be PGR vs. PCOV will be this weekend.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Lomas on a fantastic first year in div.1

Just saw the final table for Div1A, and realized that not only did we finish ahead of PGR, but also Peg Olys.

I always maintained, even while people flung sh*t at us during the season, that we would prevail at the end. And we did.

Take that JAGS, PGRGoodtimes, etc.

Having said that, it was a wonderful year for myself. The competition was fantastic against everyone we played (except of course the 8-0 against Clan). Only thing I don't like is that 96ers got promoted. Sometimes life isn't fair.

Really sucked not being around for the blockbuster against PGR.

Max, best of luck in the UK.

Mehmet.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
opposite ends of the globe

Mehmet:

and best of luck to you down under. missed you out there for the big game v. Lomas. hopefully you can latch on with the same club as before?

as for the standings, funnily enough,there was a shout at halftime on Sunday from one of the men in powder blue (when they were down 1-0):

"Come on fellas, let's win this game, we can't finish below the Lomas!"

I wonder what Fastshow thinks of this?

I just hope we (PGR) can win the battle of the 15-pointed Div.1 teams this upcoming weekend.

max
gopgr

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you did ask....

Fastshow thinks it's all rather funny....

Peg/Olys are the original TTP side; much like the Surrey Rangers from the Valley. Peg lost some key lads at the beginning of the season (and I'm not including myself on that list) and just decided to get on with it with the numbers they had and have a laugh together. The 'Lomas, on the other hand, would whack on on here about building their club for the future and the importance of staying up and really put their backs into the task at hand. That's commendable and well played to them.

The two clubs could not be any more different, however, in that Peg has some class players who have played at the top level and are quickly winding down their careers due to a massively irresponsible attitude to their fitness and, specifically, their livers. The 'Lomas have one class player and a load of try-hards who make things happen out of industry rather than any kind of style or finesse. The Meralomas are, in my most humble opinion, a metaphor for football in Canada. Loads of effort and not much football.

The only similarity I can find between the two clubs is that they both have complete fcukwits for managers.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baisterd

Fasty,

Dave Baster couldn't have said it better himself. Especially the point about the managers. Peg/Olys number one goal in the off season is to replace that fcukwit with another. Lomas should really do the same. You can't possibly be happy just avoiding relegation. Or maybe you can.

manitsbeenawhile~Luch

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch,

You can be happy avoiding relegation in a tough side to Div 1 in your first ever year in Div 1. Absolutely you can.

And to finish 7th, above a 'distinguished" Div 1 team. Well done all Mermaids. Considering all the crap that was flung our way prior to and during the season, with nobody giving us a chance at all, and Fat Fastshow putting us in the same box as Champlain Heights from the year before, we did very well.

Will we be satisfied with the same position a year from now. No way...I won't I can tell you that.

But credit must be given where credit is due and I give all of our lads full credit, and the management, for a job well done in our first Div 1 season.

So to all who wrote us off prior to a ball being kicked - stick some humble pie up your cakeholes the lot of you!

dazfeelingimmenselysatisfiedwiththelomaseffortthisseason:D

p.s. Come on PGR!!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The importance of being earnest...

Fat Fastshow
Does this avatar make my ass look big?

Luch,

Take great solace in the fact you've still got the best kits in any division. I would. But, then again, I'm delusional.

I think you should merge with Shaheen.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Emerging

Fasty,

The merger plans fell through since Sheen failed to capture the highly coveted Div. 1 Cup on the weekend. As for being delusional, what do your new teammates think about our kit? You must surely wear the jersey to training ;) .

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
how fcuking dare you?

Luch, mate, I may be predisposed by my heritage to frollicking with barnyard animals but I didn't nick my #16 from your tupperware carrying case, believe you me. I've got my Peg shorts (I wear them everyday to work) and my Nike socks (which keep Heather warm at night) but as far as either home or away jersey is concerned I left them both under cover of your space-age plastic polymer case when I departed your fair shores.

I can't believe Conway stitched me up so easily. He used to covet my kit when as we sat side by side on the bench, you know. The swine.

You've got the wrong man.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heath....

Luch,
Heather, according to some puerile tosspot on another thread about not much in particular, suggested all Britons enjoy the company of animals to too enthusiastic an extent. He was, as you know, absolutely right. Dear Jinky, kindly, named my animal Heather. I seriously do not have #16. Get off my fcuking back.

Sensei, I've gone a long time without thinking of that salad dodging, balding, flautist. I liked it like that. Regs is right about you. You are a twat. Take me out to the ball game?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No 16, eh?

Fasty,

No. 16, eh?

Must be from one of your regular Div. 1 "appearances" from last year, when you were gloating about being a Div 1 "player" , and laughing at us lot winning Div 2.

Did the Peg lads ever call you "The Judge" for sitting on the bench so much?

daz:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure that never occured to them....

It probably would have had they possessed half your natural wit. Where do you come up with this quality material? Anyone would think you had a team of writers banging out hilarity around the clock. I've always worn #16 or #8. #8 was taken so #16 it was. Your concern and interest about my football is cute, see Dudeshitehandle for details on membership to my fanclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0