Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WC 2010 Qualifying draw

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UEFA
Which is the group of death here? Either 6 or 9 for my money. 6 sporting the England v. Croatia rematch.

CONCACAF

Canada Draws St. Vincent and Grenadines, USA could face Cuba in their regional semi's

Asia

North vs. South Korea, I hope Australia gets what they deserve for leaving Oceania, they look to be in tough vs. China and Iraq (the Asian Cup of Nations champions). No traveling at all in group 5...

Africa

Does South Africa not get an Automatic Bearth? Did they do away with that?
Group 12 looks like the only group with 2 strong teams.

South America jsut does one group and it's already started.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would England's group be the group of death? They only have to finish of Ukraine.......:confused:

Group 9? Scotland Norway and Holland?

Hmmm, group 1 and group 5 look the most difficult to me......

I like Ireland's draw. :)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does South Africa not get an Automatic Bearth? Did they do away with that?

From the website...

South Africa are guaranteed an automatic berth in the finals, but because the preliminaries will also serve to qualify teams for the CAF Africa Cup of Nations, which will be hosted six months earlier in Angola, they will participate.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know if the Canada game on June 15th is going to be available ANYWHERE for viewing, listening or webcast?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i would feel insulted if its not on tv for fathers day. how bout a little US OPEN GOLF... throw in a bit of euro 2008 and then cap her off with some WC qualifying. im looking in to it right now

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I highly doubt this game will be on TV anywhere... do they even have telephones there?

:)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently they have radio.

Three places to listen to the game broadcast live for Tomorows match vs. St Vincent. Kickoff is 15:00 Their time, converted to I believe is 12:00 Noon our time?

Three internet radio websites, the only gamble is are they broadcasting in English? They seem to, all play english music. I tested all three and they seem to be working.

Star 98.3 & 104.7

NBC Radio | Home Page

Nice Radio Live (Currently playing rap music?)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada subbing @ the 8 Min mark. Gerber in for someone.

0-0 So Far.

Stalteri undressed for a close chance.... and a early Yellow for St. Vincent.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-Nil Canada... Gerba

40ish minute.

You can also get updates here:

FIFA.com

GERBA with at least Three missed opportunities including a open net from 6 yards? He punted.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad this didn't make any of the local news media (though I haven't checked the morning Province yet).

Even though it is Canad'a opening round and they should go through without a hic-up, it is still WC qualifying, and would still be considered an important news story in every other country- except the US- in the world.

We seem to have a fairly intense and captured footy market here...is the problem apathy from the media, or simply the fact that we still have the non-soccer crown who just don't get it?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's because we've sucked for so long and now we need to win something important to get fans. I put soccer right above lawn bowling at this stage.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's because of costs vs advertising...

The TV Crews from Sportsnet were not going to go to SVAG to do this game when they had to do the TFC game and have all the Euro Programming on the tele that same day/weekend.

Also, I'm sure there are only so many companies that have purchased advertising for broadcasts of Soccer. I'm sure that when a Salesperson from Sportsnet does a deal with a company that the company gets to choose what type of programming their ads are run on to achieve value for their target demographic audience.

For instance, Gillette Mach 8/Turbo/Fusion is not probably going to get value during a Womens Soccer tourney, whereas "Female Hygiene Products" would be the last thing that the manufacturer wold want run on an MMA broadcast.

On Topic: Good result for the men. They should pummel also rans like SVAG.

Things will get a whole lot different when they line up against the Reggae Boyz, Honduras, Puerto Rica, Costa Rica, Mexico, and USA's of the world with suspect reffing in CONCACAF

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is probably a naive question, but what determines how many countries/region are allowed to the world cup... i mean, north&central america (with 35 teams and ~580000000 people) are allocated 3.5 places and south america (with 10 teams and ~350000000 people) are allocated 4.5 places... I understand that there are some soccer heavies down there, but we aren't even as bad off as asia: 43 teams, almost 4 billion people and they only get 4.5 places. even africa has 5 (+ host this time around)!

anyway, my first time to bitch about world cup qualifiers and such...

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ive just noticed England are in the mix with some real international powerhouses we could be in deep doo doo again :eek:

this is going to be a tough group to get out of :eek:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They will need a miracle to come out ahead of the Croats, who are playing as strong as anyone else at the Euro.

And they have dodgy Ukraine too.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0