Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Rumours 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is that Vancouver Olympics are selling their spot in Div 1 and the coach and players are "merging" with Croatia?!?!

The spot is being sold to a successful FVSL Premier team apparently.

Scuttlebutt 101.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I'm hearing Costley and Bahia have taken the Peg Premier team over and are no longer affiliated with Surrey FC / Surrey Youth.

Simply Pegasus FC now.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the FVSL Premier and Cup Champions and Provincial semi-finalists are now VMSL Div1. I assume they are counting on a short stay!

Meanwhile as discussed in the Div 2 thread Rinos have merged with Tigers and finally concocted a way into premier after however many years. Gotta say I did not see that coming. I did hear that Tigers lost their wealthy Saudi financier...perhaps the video they were sending him wasn't up to quailty;)

Of all the teams to merge with Tigers I would not have bet on Rinos, given how audibly and vehemently opposed to all the Tigers actions the Rinos guys have been over the last couple seasons...

Someone also told me that Rinos were directly trying to poach Westside's first team guys (maybe other teams as well???). What's with that Dezza?? Is that you guys trying to pick at old wounds and get one over on the Westside guys? Or is it the Tigers guys up to their old tricks (which I though you guys hated....?) Who's in charge over there anyway? Are there any Tigers management/players left? Or did they just hand you guys the keys?

Anyway, apparently the Westside guys are pretty fired up over this whole thing. But hey, maybe all is fair in love and VMSL??

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of all the teams to merge with Tigers I would not have bet on Rinos, given how audibly and vehemently opposed to all the Tigers actions the Rinos guys have been over the last couple seasons...

Neither would I. They approached us. We originally wanted nothing to do with it, but they convinced one member of our leadership to go for it, and they in turn eventually convinced the rest.

Someone also told me that Rinos were directly trying to poach Westside's first team guys (maybe other teams as well???). What's with that Dezza?? Is that you guys trying to pick at old wounds and get one over on the Westside guys? Or is it the Tigers guys up to their old tricks (which I though you guys hated....?) Who's in charge over there anyway? Are there any Tigers management/players left? Or did they just hand you guys the keys?

Anyway, apparently the Westside guys are pretty fired up over this whole thing. But hey, maybe all is fair in love and VMSL??

We are playing our summer league cup final tonight, and then the transition is supposed to happen. So far, everything related to the premier spot has been administered by the old staff, who are trying their very best to set the team up for success. By September 1st, management will be 100% Rino's.

As for targeting Westside, that's a laugh. There are probably 20-30 players being invited to tryout per day, so it's inevitable that a few will be from the same team. I don't necessarily agree with the strategy, but I'll give credit where it's due, there is some serious hustle on display to uncover new players.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, Tigers got promoted to Premier and now will give the power to Rino's!? Something is just not right there. Hard to believe.

Beside that, Rino's will apparently also have a team in Division 1. How is that possible?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally possible. An A team and a B team.
Two teams merge and the top players play premier and the other play div1. Might make their div1 team a bit weaker but perhaps give them more depth.

Weird move to get promoted and then hand it over to other managers. To each their own.
Tigers do invite every BC player to their try outs. Strange style but it might work.
Half of our team in ND has been facebooked or emailed. Can't wait to play their B squad this year.

Cheers

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally possible. An A team and a B team.
Two teams merge and the top players play premier and the other play div1. Might make their div1 team a bit weaker but perhaps give them more depth. Cheers

It really does not make any sense having in mind a fact that the Premier league is limited to one team per club which means that Rino's Division 1 team could potentially be the best team in Division 1 and then not promoted to the Premier league. So, what is the purpose of that Division 1 team playing games in Division 1 knowing they cannot be promoted (but could be relegated)?

Players from Division 1 team cannot be brought up (to the Premier league team) unless it is a complete transfer. We can imagine a mess if one club starts transferring players up and down (between Premier and Div 1 teams) around transfer deadline.
Can we imagine a situation in which Tigers already know in January that they will be relegated and then start moving some top players to Division 1 team to help them to eventually get promoted to the Premier?

The possibilities and questions are endless in a situation when one club has two teams within the same league (unless it is a CAT or U-21 team). What if some big clubs (with a huge membership) start fielding teams in each division? Metro Ford or Surrey United could probably field a team in every division (Premier, Division 1, 2, 3). Does it make sense? I do not know, maybe for the players' development it does, but it does not make a lot of sense from the competition stand point.

http://vmslsoccer.com/rules-regulations/

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-12_7-3-4.png
    upload_2015-8-12_7-3-4.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 36

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@RL RCD, I think those are some very outdated rules, from when CAT teams were actually integrated in the regular open divisions, before the CAT division(s) existed which is/are exclusively made up of reserve teams.

Of course the ideal scenario would be to abolish the CAT system, and allow a single club with teams across multiple division to allow the loaning of players upwards from a lower division to a higher division. This already takes place regularly in FVSL, VISL, and RASA. Unfortunately any time this has been asked about, the response has been that it's too difficult for the league to manage it.

We have simultaneously run teams in Division 1 + Division 2 for the past 4 years with no issues. Sometimes players are moved up/down, but there are 2 factors that prevent it from happening frequently, which are cost ($15/transfer), and team chemistry. The important thing to remember is that only 16 players can play per game, so our roster target is 20-22 active players per team. We do not wish to have huge benches, and players that never see the field. We hope that by fielding teams across Premier, Div 1, and Div 2 we can find the right place for all the players in our club.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to see the vmsl bring in the rule that exists in the valley. Unlimited subs at halftime which don't count towards your sub total. Anyone that thinks it kills the flow and allows for wholesale changes I disagree with. Teams that do this lose. But incase of a 1 sided game it allows depth players to get minutes

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
@RL RCD, I think those are some very outdated rules, from when CAT teams were actually integrated in the regular open divisions, before the CAT division(s) existed which is/are exclusively made up of reserve teams.

Of course the ideal scenario would be to abolish the CAT system, and allow a single club with teams across multiple division to allow the loaning of players upwards from a lower division to a higher division. This already takes place regularly in FVSL, VISL, and RASA. Unfortunately any time this has been asked about, the response has been that it's too difficult for the league to manage it.

We have simultaneously run teams in Division 1 + Division 2 for the past 4 years with no issues. Sometimes players are moved up/down, but there are 2 factors that prevent it from happening frequently, which are cost ($15/transfer), and team chemistry. The important thing to remember is that only 16 players can play per game, so our roster target is 20-22 active players per team. We do not wish to have huge benches, and players that never see the field. We hope that by fielding teams across Premier, Div 1, and Div 2 we can find the right place for all the players in our club.

If it was so hard to manage I'm sure all the other local leagues wouldn't be doing it that way, I'm sure all clubs would be for it in the vmsl and to get rid of the cat division and give those players something to play for every week. I'm sure every prem club that has other teams in lower divisions would Lovett have the option to call players up when they know they'll be short... This is one of the biggest flaws of the vmsl, besides standardized match balls :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0