Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
plenty of cards being handed out with a red to the AFC keeper who apparently headbutted favs.

Favs with the fake head-butt and the AFC keeper spat in his face. AFC is quite comical. The "roll around on the ground like you are on fire" routine everytime they got fouled was a real treat to watch. :rolleyes:

Sandman

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - AFC 1

Walks did well in the middle. It was a really tough game to ref, and with little to no help from the linesmen, Walks had his hands full. AFC dives a lot; always going down like they were just shot. Chippy affair at times and a potential explosion from Clarke almost created a brawl.

Matt Ormerod with the first in the 35th. Ted Ullrich with the insurance 5 minutes from time. Both set up by Mike Favs who was stellar.

The all whites look great, but AFC's 1986 kit is an eyesore.

Bhudie

Sep 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well here's a different point of view for the AFC-Sapp game. First off let it be known that Sapp fully deserved their victory. Not to say that the reffing was good or even that they played an excellent game, but more for the fact that we, AFC, couldn't string 4 passes together. Sapp came out, and did what it seems like most people will try to do to us, disregard playing any kind of football, and resort to two foot tackles, late and/or from behind. Which makes it kind of disgracefull when they turn around and accuse us of diving. Especially when our guys are coming off the field with 12 inch bleeding rake marks on thier quads. If you wonder why there seems to be a lot of "crying" from the AFC camp, it's because in our matches it seems that these things don't get noticed. Furthermore, it seems that others are quick to jump all over us for any little action or reaction.

ie. the afformentioned "potential explosion from Clarke"

Which brings up another issue which has come up on here before.

I am well aware of the sensitive nature of this topic, and the fact that many people would like to brush it under the rug when it does come up. BUT, I find it disgusting that anyone would complain about Clarke's reaction on the pitch, when the number 7 shirt for sapp has just finished calling him, and I quote

"a black bastard"

and to make it even worse, after the game tried to act as if it should be overlooked as something that happens in the heat of the battle.

Now in no way am I condoning unprofessionalism from our guys (if there has been any) but maybe some will see that these things can weigh on ones shoulders making it easy for the straw to break the camels back. Something to consider.

Given the situation I think Clarky handled himself as professionally as he could, I for one know that I may not have been so kind, and I am considered to be a disciplined player.

As for the Racist remarks directed toward Chris from the Sapperton defender, I can only hope that the Sapperton club will take some sort of punitive action, and I should EXPECT that the league will.

I apologise for the lengthy post, and for dampening the usual light-hearted tone on this forum. Just trying to let some others know where we are coming from.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bhudie,

"Noone" :rolleyes: here is attempting to sweep anything under the rug. If you present yourself well here and explain a situation like you have, there is no problem - it is the baseless posts that attempt to paint with an extra large brush that is not needed here.

Now, did you report this to the league?

========================

Nice to see Peg get the big win yesterday! I mean, I didn't actually see it but I saw the score on the excellent site 2-1 over Sporting... some more big games on the horizon for the lads, especially the AFC match in 2 weeks. Actually, this weekend's NS Derby with the Trollers is huge too if only because these matches usually end in a tie and Peg can't truly afford to drop points to the quickly sinking Trollers.

If Peg gets the 6 points before the break, they will be right back into the mix.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey v Firetown…

Not a very pleasing game to watch I’m sure. The first half was pretty well taken over by Surrey with our superlative brand of long and high ball. We kept Firetown down in their end most of the first 45 with the exception of some really quick and at times, dangerous, break outs. Our backs had another very strong game in killing any of the good opportunities Firemen could muster early, limiting most shots on Smiles to the 25 yard plus range, which were all going wide regardless. Nial scored 25 in off a free kick that went in off the wall (or someone running by it) which had animal going the wrong way. BTW, he wasn’t lying when he said his ass got to 74”. Have another chicken pie. Maybe your back wouldn’t hurt so much there wasn’t so much junk in the trunk.

The second saw most of the same as the first, but uglier and this time the majority of the pressure was in our end. Firetown playing dump, chase and whack to start their attack off, coupled with us looking to protect our lead had us play a pretty defensive second half. Firetowns goal came when two United players both swung and missed at the same loose ball. Jarvie was Johnny on the spot and went in unmolested, that came after the game, and slid it by Drew from about 10 or 12 out.

Kevin did a good job in the middle but his linesmen where fcuking awful. Calling phantom goal kicks, corner kicks off missed shots, offsides and fouls with even Kev shaking his head sometimes. At least they where consistently piss poor for both sides.

A special thank you goes out to Sapp and Peg for doing us two huge favours. This dancing KNVB goes out to you...

:knvb:

Herb Jr.

Jun 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
:p KNVB.....speaking of having another chicken pie;looks like Nile Thompson is packing some holiday weight....a little early :confused: !!! He's still solid out there but his jersey is looking a little snug in the tummy area. Maybe he's spending too much time around the feeding table at the firehall :eek: :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "Racial" Remark

I was going to venture into this topic but I don't feel people on this web site, and in general society, can have a meaniful exchange without the word "racist" being thrown about.

I respect Bobson for putting that club together. I appreciate his and the manager's dedicated time to make that team operational. But I'll say this to AFC. You'll get more respect if the most of you stop smoking dope EVERYTIME you get together.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
You'll get more respect if the most of you stop smoking dope EVERYTIME you get together.

And I thought AFC were an African Team, but now you tell us they are Jamaican, Man am I confused.

*This post is in no way to be taken as a racist remark, but only a joke.

Am I going to get in trouble from the league for my "YBK" comment last year? Well, I do play on a Brown team.

hos

Smallsy, let it snow, let it snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0