Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
SHUT UP!!!!

Shut up, shut up , shut up!

Take your stupid f*cking bickering back to your Div 1 forum or start talking about "VMSL Premier Results, Predictions or Banter".

God damn it, this is so f*cking tiresome...
if you do not like the my posts, then you can add me to the ignore list. Why you have not done that is beyond me (even when you say that you would)?
You guys started it and were the ones that asked for evidence. If you do not like the answer, then do not ask the question.
Relax guys. case is closed so do not fuel it.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
if you do not like the my posts, then you can add me to the ignore list. Why you have not done that is beyond me (even when you say that you would)?
You guys started it and were the ones that asked for evidence. If you do not like the answer, then do not ask the question.
Relax guys. case is closed so do not fuel it.
Posting is fine, but keep to the thread title. VMSL Premier banter ONLY. If you want to talk div 1 or 2 or 3, please use those threads. Other comments that aren't related to the thread will be deleted. Thank you.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting is fine, but keep to the thread title. VMSL Premier banter ONLY. If you want to talk div 1 or 2 or 3, please use those threads. Other comments that aren't related to the thread will be deleted. Thank you.
Fair enough, but keep in mind that I did not start things. People start to throw cheap shots and then complain when they receive the response.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
But I've spent all day planning a big response, complete with youtube videos and everything! :shame:
I am glad that you are taking it an humours way.
In any case, the holidays are approaching. So my friends at Rinos, despite all the bickering,
I am passing to you the light of peace, love, prosperity and success to your club and teams for 2017, and also to the rest of the TTP posters.
See you until next year, and God Blessed be with you and your loved ones during this winter break.
I 11413086_1642926979253615_1564915049_n.gif

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone believe it to be unreasonable for the VMSL to be asking teams to play on the weekend before Christmas weekend?

10 years ago or so I wouldn't of thought twice about it, but now with more and more commitments and I hate to say it, responsibility, family and work/social functions to name a few, it's a bit of an ask from the league IMO.

Looking for an update. Were u able to find time to get your xmas shopping done between Work and all the games schedueled leading upto xmas break? Lol.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow !!! I GUESS THIS IS NOT so much taking a piss anymore.......where is vanna white to buy some people here a vowel........go vanna go turn them letters..............someone buy someone here a sense of humid-mor

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This extra-long winter break has given me the chance to reassess and reinvent my Baseless Pre-Season Predictions. So settle in and enjoy a book of a TTP post, because there's no football at the moment and, if the weather doesn't start cooperating, there may not be for a while...

I was hoping to have tables from last year for reference as I did with the Div. 1 predictions, but, alas, I cannot seem to scrounge any up. Nevertheless, we press on and here's the current table for context:

upload_2016-12-30_14-32-49.png

So in their current order:

Coquitlam Metro Ford
Current Position: 1
Pre-Season Prediction: 3

Barring a massive collapse, there's really nothing to "predict" here. I thought perhaps Coquitlam would be over the whole "winning the league" thing and focused solely on being ready to peak at Provincials. It seems that they have instead just cranked the whole program up a notch. As impressive as their near perfect record is, even more impressive is the fact that they have only conceded 4 goals all season long. They do have some fixture congestion on the horizon, but I would expect them to have the squad depth to combat any challenges that may present. Overall, even if they drop a few points, these guys are the class of the league. I am sure it won't make them feel any better, though, if they lose the last game of the season again. Not much to analyze here, so let's crack on with the rest of this!
Final Prediction: 1

WestVan
Current Position: 2
Pre-Season Prediction: 1

It seems I overestimated just how much of a rebuild WestVan were undertaking this season. It's a testament to the pedigree of their program that they can remain this competitive in a "down" year. That being said, they are clearly not quite in the same realm as Metro Ford at present. Not to say that they couldn't sting the league leaders when it matters, if given the opportunity. Impressively they boast the league's second best defensive record, allowing just a goal a game on average. This stat suggests that the North Shore boys should be a tough nut to crack throughout the rest of the season and into the Cups. It is also why I think they will be able to hold the rest of the field at bay and stay in the Top 3. I wouldn't want to draw these guys in a one game, winner take all, given how difficult they make it to score a goal against them and just maybe they will get a chance to ruin Coquitlam's party.
Final Prediction: 3

Rovers Tigers Utd.
Current Position: 3
Pre-Season Prediction: 4

It was a wild card new entry, backed with flair and expectation (and perhaps some $$...?) and to this point they have lived up to their billing. One look at the stats and it would appear that Tigers possess an ability to seemingly conjure offence at will, trailing only the leaders and Pegasus in goal scoring. However, that offense seems to actually be somewhat clustered, as they have been held to a goal or less 5 times this year. Still, that sort of offensive prowess is not to be dismissed, but when coupled with the fact that only the teams in the bottom half of the table give up more goals against, it becomes evident that these guys have a few pieces of the puzzle remaining before they can be considered a true elite team. This is also clear when you note that Coquitlam have wiped them aside with seemingly minimal effort in two meetings this season, including the final game before the break when a somewhat vulnerable Coquitlam arrived on the back of a pair of less than convincing performances. Despite the disparity in games played, Tigers had a chance to pull level with Metro Ford on points, but instead were seen off 3-0. We have seen this show before with mercenary, fly-by-night, type teams, so now it remains to be seen what the future holds for Tigers. It would be stunning to see them win the league at this point and they are likely a long shot to be Provincial Champions. Is there the leadership to build this into a National contender in the coming seasons? Or will the bottom fall out as so many others have before? Certainly as long as they possess Nick Soolsma, the league's leading scorer with 13 goals in 13 games, they should have a foundation to build upon and attract talent. As for this season, their Jekyll and Hyde form as well as their leaky defensive records leads me to keep them behind WestVan.
Final Prediction: 4

Pegasus FC
Current Position: 4
Pre-Season Prediction: 2

Classic Peg with a slow start, but, as usual, they seem to be rounding into form for a second half charge. After a disappointing showing at Nationals, the Surrey crew are once again proving that they are among the best this Province has to offer. Based on their points per games played, they currently have the second best record in the league. They trail only Metro Ford in goal scoring and are behind them and then, just barely, WestVan in terms of the best defensive records in the division. They also have yet to play Coquitlam, so there is potential for a 6 point swing and, while it remains a small chance, if there was any team that could real in the Tri-Cities boys for the league title it's likely only Pegasus. Not to mention those fixtures should be great drama after Pegasus provided the upset in last season's Provincial Final. Plenty to play for then in the second half and every reason to think Peg will be a force right to the end.
Final Prediction: 2

Richmond Hibernian
Current Position: 5
Pre-Season Prediction: 12

After an indifferent season last year that saw them finish closer to relegation than Provincials (AND they were one of only two teams to drop points to Rino's!) Richmond have seemingly addressed their issues. The rumor is they tempted some talent back into the fold from South Delta and bolstered the squad with some University help. Whatever the case, it's working, or has to this point anyway. Despite the compressed look to the table the top 4 are relatively secure, thus leaving 3 Provincial berths for the remaining teams to wrestle over. Assuming ND, Columbus, and EDC are unlikely to factor into that conversation that leaves 5 teams for the 3 spots. Pacific is a wild card (as we'll discuss shortly), which means Richmond need only be better than one (or maybe two) of Westside, Inter and Croatia. Based on everything to this point in the year, that seems reasonable. Even more so when you look at their strength or schedule, they face only Tigers and Coquitlam from the top half in their remaining 9 games. The only thing that might hold them back is their goal scoring; only Columbus and ND score fewer goals per game, but other than that they are pretty much statistically the fifth best team in the division. I guess what I'm trying to say is places 5-9 are a total crap-chute. Given their schedule though, if Richmond don't finish fifth, they have no one but themselves to blame.
Final Prediction: 5

Inter
Current Position: 6
Pre-Season Prediction: 5

Inter...the VMSL's enigma. These guys throw the stats out the window every time. A roster brimming with talent that holds Peg and WestVan to draws but then drops points to ND and gets thumped by Columbus. Statistically, based on points per game as well as goals for and against per game they should be the ninth place team in this 5-9 grouping. Inter don't follow the trend though, they are so difficult to predict. Usually, an influx of University talent this time of year boosts their results, but instead their form has slipped recently. A look at the table show that the Italian's "good" results against top teams came early in the season and lately they have only beat teams in and around them in the table. Their form has dipped, they finished tied for the final Provincial berth last season and they seem to be stalling out again. It's the intangibles though that Inter possess and that is their key to success. Never mind the stats, no team can approach a game as a single entity as well as Inter. These guys lose the mundane games that seem to be low on the "give-a-shite meter," but have an uncanny ability to rise to the occasion in big matches. Will they be able to draw on that again down the stretch? We will find out fairly quickly as they play WestVan and Metro Ford right out of the gate in the New Year. Everything points to no, but my gut feeling is yes.
Final Prediction: 7

Westside
Current Position: 7
Pre-Season Prediction: 10

Another of the 5-9 pack and perhaps it was harsh not to give the Westsiders the benefit of the doubt, after winning Div. 1, that they would be the best of the promoted teams this season. So far so good then, as job one was no doubt to consolidate their spot as they look to build the club back to it's former prominence. Statistically they are full value to be in the 5-9 group fighting for the Provincial places and if they duplicate their form from the first half of the season they could just well do it. That being said, that first half performance included so eyebrow raising results against the likes of Peg and Rovers. Those will be tough to duplicate. Somebody has to miss out and, at the end of the day, while I am sure they are keen on making Provincials, I am sure that knowing they have another Premier season on the horizon is plenty for one year.
Final Prediction: 8

Croatia SC
Current Position: 8
Pre-Season Prediction: 6

So evidently this year WAS the year that Sulentic and Co. finally did implode, at least to start off with anyway. A bleak 1-1-4 start left them hovering at the brink of a relegation battle. It seems an injection of youth was given to the club and it was certainly a steep learning curve. However, winning 4 of 5 before the Christmas break has lifted them into the 5-9 group, away from relegation and into the Provincials battle. While they have steadied the ship from a results perspective, the need to do something about their defensive record. They picked up just their first clean sheet of the season the last time out against Columbus. While they have won a couple of games this season by going to their offensive well for 6 goal outputs, giving up 3 and 4 goals a game is hardly a sustainable recipe for success. They have their feet under them now at this level and there's every chance a couple of good results could vault them into the Provincials. I think it's more likely, though, that they just sort of hold what they have a look to build in future years.
Final Prediction: 9

Pacific United
Current Position: 9
Pre-Season Prediction: 8

Langley/Pacific/CCB, whatever they want to be called, they are unpredictable as all hell. Honestly, they lock it down and beat high-powered Tigers 1-0, then come out on the wrong end of a 6-4 shootout with Croatia. They show up and rather professionally polish off Inter 2-0 away, but then don't show up with enough players and have to scrape and claw to beat bottom of the table ND. Westside and Peg both pumped 4 past them and they are hovering just out of reach of the relegation race. Then, on the flip side, if they played and won the game in hand they have against EDC before the break, they'd be fifth. Honestly, who are these guys? The roster is littered with UBC alumni and rumor is they have done some heavy University recruiting to bulk out the roster for the New Year. Their schedule is arguably a tough one come January, starting with a mid-week game against Metro-Ford before the rest of the pack get going. They will play Coquitlam once more at the end of the season, along with WestVan twice and another game against Peg and Tigers respectively. I said before the season that I was unconvinced by this group and they have lived up to that billing. Here's my upset special though for the second half of the season: Pacific, revitalized by University recruits, go on a tear and make Provincials. It's a bold shout, they could just as easily stay exactly where they are, but where's the fun in predicting the table not to change between now and the season's end?
Final Prediction: 6

Estrella de Chile
Current Position: 10
Pre-Season Prediction: 9

A bit of a tire fire out in Burnaby, isn't it? A complete nose dive since winning Provincials two season's ago, the Chileans look set to miss Provincials for a second consecutive season. Actually, at this point, it's likely more of a focus on qualifying for another year in the division, never mind qualifying for Provincials. Claudio has turned the roster over and, while a few stalwarts of the old guard remain, the team is a shadow of the champions of two seasons ago. This may lay the ground work for long term success and sustainability, but certainly there are some growing pains at the moment. They give up goals at the same rate as North Delta, who are rooted to the bottom of the table, and, other than a win away to WestVan, their results would hardly raise eyebrows. A massive game looms on the other side of this break against North Delta. EDC need the three points to keep the distance between themselves and Columbus. Chile are likely the Italian's only hope for salvation and I really put it down to Columbus's form. I just can't see Chile picking up too many points if their current form continues. Perhaps they will have it all figured out in the New Year, but if they open the door a crack I think Columbus will break it down.
Final Prediction: 11

Columbus
Current Position: 11
Pre-Season Prediction: 11

Continuing in the same vein; it's been a woeful year for the Italians. That being said, a pair of result results (win over Inter and draw with Coquitlam) has left them only five points from safety. A loss against Croatia prior to the break took a bit of the wind out of their sails, but the ship seems to be at least headed in the right direction now. Clearly the SOS has gone out and they have done what they can to revitalize the squad and try and stay in Prem. Is it too little too late? I guess we'll find out. They need to make up essentially two wins on Chile and the two meet head to head Jan. 28. Certainly the odds are longer for Columbus than for Chile to stay up, but something about the veteran experience on Columbus I think gives them a chance. The VMSL is new league after Christmas and if anyone can throw out their dismal season and chip away at making up six points, it's Columbus. Also it would be kind of fun if it came down to a late season Italian derby vs. Inter for Columbus to stay in the league. Surely that would be fireworks of all sorts! The safe money is likely on Chile to do enough to get it over the line, but where's the fun in playing it safe?
Final Prediction: 10

North Delta
Current Position: 12
Pre-Season Prediction: 7

Well, certainly not the season these guys would have imagined. An opening day win over Westside, who pipped them to the Div. 1 title on the last day of last season, and surely the future must have looked bright. Unfortunately, that still stands as their only win on the year and, after a demoralizing loss to an undermanned Pacific before the weather set in, it would seem they might be out of answers South of the river. Much like winning, losing is contagious and once you find yourself on that path it can be tough to right the ship. Case in point, ND's recent match against Westside, where by all accounts they were the better team, but they just couldn't score. Then Westside gets one against the run of play, the heads go down and it's another loss. North Delta are the only team in the league scoring less than a goal a game and they've given up the second most goals with no clean sheets to their name. That's a tough way to go into games knowing that you are all but certain to give up at least one goal and it's proved difficult to find the back of the net yourself. Now maybe this extended break has been just what the doctor ordered to hit the reset button. They play EDC right out of the traps in January and perhaps a win there might just start a fight back. They also play Columbus head to head once more and, as things stand now, a win would vault them over their relegation rivals. So there is technically a way back and a chance to make up the seven points by which they currently find themselves adrift, you just wonder if their camp believes it. Hopefully they do, the whole "don't go gentle into that good night" routine; it would certainly make things interesting for the rest of us. Best of luck with it.
Final Prediction: 12

Right, well, can anyone else tell that I'm bored with this lack of footy? Looking forward to an entertaining race to the finish and an exciting Imperial Cup as well.

Happy New Year!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We won't be. Field has snow and frozen solid as well.

We need a warm snap to come through for 3-4 days straight to defrost most these fields. Let alone get rid of the ice snow.

Who thinks they're getting a game in this weekend..?
won't be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0