Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Provincial Qualifiers

Who will be the remaining 5 VMSL Masters BC qualifiers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six teams from the VMSL qualify for the BCs: The top two finishers in league, and the 4 "A" Cup semi-finalists. West Van has already qualified by clinching at least 2nd. Inter is almost there as they only need 2 points from their last 3 games to overtake Columbus for 2nd. The quarter finals are this weekend, and will have direct bearing on the remaining qualifiers. VFF are not in the quarters but could certainly get in as they are currently in 5th, tied on points with Peters crew, who have two games in hand. SFU and Sapp still have chances as if one of them finishes 6th and the top 4 in league make the semis, then 5th and 6th are in.

The quarters are as follows:

WVFC vs Wickham
Wside vs MF Celtic
Columbus vs PCOV
Inter vs Lobbans

So who will be the remaining 5 qualifiers?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some interesting games indeed. WV and Inter should get first and second(not sure of the order). MF have one birth since I feel they will win the next one against WFC. PCOV may get in there if they come up big on the weekend. Very tough though. Sapp has a good chance provided they beat us in regular season game(if we ever play it...) The FF are the question mark. They appear to be sliding but I wouldn't ever count them out. WFC should be in due to their final placing.

Predictions for the weekend:

WV over Wickham
Inter over Lobbans
PCOV in a close one over Columbus
MF over WFC

Note the field change for Columbus/PCOV game right after ours at Hastings Bowl.

Good luck to all teams.

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted for Firemen, yes they are on a bit of bad form of late, but they are too high up in the standings not to get in...having said that there all all sorts of veryinteresting permutations...for example, if Wickham, Lobbans, MF and PCOV all win this weekend (not super likely but definitely not impossible), and Inter gets 2 points in their last 3 games, then Columbus, who when on form are one of the best teams in BC, do not qualify:eek: ! Same thing for inter if those 1/4 final results happen and they don't get the 2 points they need...

Thats if we ever get these games in...:mad:

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sck: riverway is not available this weekend because of the youth tournament...

scp

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it looks like the VMSL qualifiers are in, after all of that fevourous voting in this site:

VMSL Qualifiers (In no particular order):

-West Van FC.
-ICSF Inter (see immediately below)
-Columbus-Clan F.C. (Both expected wins, but in this cup obviously it is still a big thing to win when you are expected to, someone should have told us!)
-WFC Westside (Peter much congrats I noticed your were very quiet here coming up to this one, and you got the Biz done, way to go, I had a feeling).
-Wickham F.C. (again many congrats to Coleman et al ya Fcukers).
-VFF (Scotty you are entitled to dis' WVFC for failing you, but you owe WFC and Peter...you are in, and I would not be surprised if you catch...ie play us...;) next weekend...)

Wells done to all teams. Peter stop drinking, you are only going to get in trouble. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um, guys, its no fair to cast your votes AFTER all the results are in :bronco:

The poll is closed. The thread is still open.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus-Clan?? There may be a few brothers on each team and surprise, surprise a number of IT's but that's where the comparison ends.

Unlucky for WVFC not winning. But, Peter don't take Wickham too lightly. They apparently play hard and won't give up. As for us, we always look forward to another game against those "IT's".

As for the berths, I really felt for the Lobbans yesterday. They could have easily won and gained a berth in the B.C.'s They'll once again do well next year for sure in Div. 1. As for the draw, does it happen at the same time that the open ones are announced?

SCK

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:

Going by last year, all the draws were done on the same night, one after the other. Biggest hassle was that nobody knew who the reps from the Island were going to be. Hope that's better sorted this year...:rolleyes:

Trece

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm trying to get access to this event and have Up Front with Reed & Thomo be there for all the draws live...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

Shouldn't be an issue; last year's draw was open to whoever wanted to show up. They even let Coach in.:rolleyes:

May be a bit tricky about sneaking you scurrilous media types in; they had a lame-duck phone conference with the Island folk going, and with the speakerphone on, sound kept cutting in and out. At worst, you could sneak in with a live cellphone....:D

roger that,

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
Columbus-Clan?? There may be a few brothers on each team and surprise, surprise a number of IT's but that's where the comparison ends.
SCK

SCK I got that from the excellent site: look under Masters/Premier/Leading Scorers...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

What I was referring to was...

-ICSF Inter (see immediately below)
-Columbus-Clan F.C. (Both expected wins, but in this cup obviously it is still a big thing to win when you are expected to, someone should have told us!)
??

In any case, should be good games. Are they being played in two weeks, SCP?? You never did give a game report. Was it close going to O.T.?

SCK

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

Great game on the weekend, the boys had a lot of fun. Ambleside B and the weather both surpassed my expectations. And what a cracker of a goal, eh. Without Keith we were wondering where it would come from, we forgot that Tom had a dozen of those before Christmas.

My old legs were looking forward to the last game of the season though -- now you lot have sentenced me to two more. At least they should both be with teams we haven't met, and I guess the guys will be glad for the extra experience come next Fall when we hit the show.

Peter, thanks for sending MF to the sidelines, no joy in playing them a third time, see you in a few weeks. Hopefully, a week in the sun will have cured my aching bones by then.

And don't listen to Sir M -- these cup games are long, you don't have to worry about jumping on us early. The game goes to them that wait -- right.

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey all, Provincial Cup thread isn't up yet, so I will post the VISL reps here for now. Draw is on April 11.

VISL 1 - Uvic Alumni
VISL 2 - Vic Athletics
VISL 3 - Nanaimo
VISL 4 - Gordon Head

Good luck to all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money