Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's predictions:

Burnaby vs Bombastic
VUFC Rangers vs Spurs
Harps vs Croatia
Norvan Lions
vs Green Devils
Flying Horses vs Shaheen

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's predictions:

Burnaby vs Bombastic
VUFC Rangers vs Spurs
Harps vs Croatia
Norvan Lions
vs Green Devils
Flying Horses vs Shaheen
Burnaby vs Bombastic - the Bomb is struggggllling so you have to go w Burnaby
VUFC Rangers vs Spurs - 13 green keep your head on a swivel! I like our chances :) Surf and turf on the menu in the #firepittent tonight
Harps vs Croatia - Regs you are wrong. Harps beat Croatia. I'm pumping their tires.
Norvan Lions vs Green Devils - closer than you may think…I think tie.
Flying Horses vs Shaheen - likely some red cards and I'm calling upset. Horses by 2!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure which one of the backup keepers we'll have in net tonight vs. HandCramp's motley crew, but the firepit better have enough for us because we're hungry. Luckily for you, this is a split squad game for us (the other half with the big guys are out in Port Moody) so you won't have to worry about dinner being eaten before you get there.:D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
10-0?

WTF?
Indeed. Tough night for 13 Green and his guys. They are struggling this year.

It's hard in those games as you don't want to run up the score but you also don't want to disrespect and just pass it around the park and not try to get near their net.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lack of available healthy bodies to put on the field.
  • goalkeeper bailed the night before; backup not available due to over 40s game scheduled at the same time in Port Moody.
  • decided to put Cardboard Cutout in goal since he was injured.
  • started with 10 bodies
  • asked Cardboard Cutout if he was ready at the opening kickoff; nod for "yes," but noted that he was up at the top of the box. Passed the ball back to our centre mid who for reasons only known to him decided to dummy it back where if fell nicely to one of the Rangers. Because Cardboard Cutout was so far out of the net, and immobile, it was an easy tap-in. 1-0 after about 15 seconds. Asked again: "are you SURE you're ready?"
  • new player comes on the field; does reasonably well, but gets charley-horsed in his first tackle. Whacked again shortly after and he couldn't finish the game.
  • put Cardboard Cutout up front so he could keep me company being a pylon.
Sums up a frustrating season so far when out of a roster of 25 you get 10 to start a game, and the guys who are coming out frequently are already playing hurt or would be your 2nd choice for a spot. You thank them for being available and coming out, but inside your head your eyes are rolling as you contemplate what you can do for damage control THIS time. Like I told Bandcamp last night, probably 10 of the guys are also new parents this year, and it looks like they all married the same personality type: "you are NOT playing soccer tonight." This has been an ongoing pain in the arse.

Rangers were a decent enough bunch; the guys on the field apologized for some of the goofier antics of their sideline when the scoreline went egg-shaped. Had a couple of post-game beverages with Bandcamp, and made our boys take note of the firepit idea.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because I don't go back to bed after getting up at 4:30?

I have daily updates to do here and that's the best time to do them... there are a few Better Bastards that can attest to the, erm, dedication :)

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your welcome. Should have been all three though. They were up 2-0 at the half. We got 3 in the second and sat back for about 20. That was a mistake. They had a lot of pressure. They got a pk with about 3 min left. It was a bad call. The guy flopped, as Shaheen did for the entire game. Can't believe the ref bit but he did.

Great effort by our team to come back but unfortunately we couldn't hold on.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get some predictions going:

Croatia v Horsies - can the horses continue to play spoiler? I say yes. Win.
Shaheen v Burnaby - Shaheen will roll Burnaby.
NVAFC v Norvan - NVAFC is over their head in this division this year and will get lumped. Sorry @trece verde
Bombastic - VUFC - hate these 10am Sunday games…but I like our chances :)
Green Devils v Harps - all green derby. SHOULD BE GREAT! Or hard on the eyes w all that green. Or a moan fest. I suspect the latter. Harps win but Memorial keeps it close; not @GreenDevil1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0