Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PRELIMINARY ROUND -- 2006-02-18/19

Game 1: Alemania SC vs Covercrete
Game 2: Vancouver Olympics PAOK vs Wickham FC
Game 3: Westside Bulldogs vs Canterbury
Game 4: Richmond United vs SFU United
Game 5: Cliff Avenue United vs Lusitanos

ROUND OF 16 -- 2006-02-25/26

Game 6: West Van FC vs Winner of Game #1
Game 7: SFU Royals vs Winner of Game #2
Game 8: WFC Westside vs Winner of Game #3
Game 9: Firefighters vs Metro-Ford Celtic
Game 10: ICSF Inter vs Winner of Game #4
Game 11: Sapperton vs Lobbans
Game 12: Columbus FC vs Winner of Game 5
Game 13: PCOV vs Cracovia

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Fcuk me, Calm Down!

Not everyone at once!

Metro-Ford vs Columbus final.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford? 1 out of a possible 6 points vs Wickham... third time lucky maybe? I guess we have a long way to go to find out - one can dream...(Metro-Ford that is!)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

We've beaten Columbus twice this year. I'll take our chances. Maybe, West Van's too... They are, after all, in first place.

SCK

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are available for selection, but can you really afford to have such rookies out on the field?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why bother...they can't play in the BC's and if you look at our young side(FF's)....you'll see we've never used them.

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Though I would throw in a post ( go figure) on this thread as well....:rolleyes: :

Don't know all of the teams involved, but I can comment on the following:

Game 2 Colemanj's squad will win this game and get to go up against SFU the following week in game 7. I hope they win that one as well but it will be a tough game for them.

Game 4: I pick Richmond Utd.

Game 6: The following week in game 6 the winner of Covercrete and Alemania who I believe are a 2nd div side vs a middle of the pack 1st div side against WVPeg will be a very tough test for whichever side comes to Ambleside, but you never know.

Game 7: Div 1 Wickham (if they win in game 2 which I predict they will) vs mid to bottom Premier side SFU Royals. I hope Wickham goes through, because if they do it leads to WVPeg (if they go through) hosting another NShore side in a cracker game the following week! 2-1 odds SFU will win though...

Game 8: WFC top half of Premier against the winner of two Div 1 sides WFC Bulldogs or Canterbury wife of Baths Tales...hopefully the two WFC teams can match up but either way, Peters team will hammer anyone they play in this round.

Game 9: VFF vs Metro Ford. VFF will win, sorry Regs.

Game 10: Inter vs Richmond Utd. Inter. Richmond will not score.

Game 11: Sapperton vs Lobbans in a physical match, two excellent goaltenders who both got heavy consideration for the VMSL select side...Sapp.

Game 12: Columbus vs Cliff...the east siders will take their N. Burnaby cousins by it could be double digits.

Game 13: PCOV vs Cracovia...two bottom half of the table Premier sides will have another spirited match which will require very patient refereeing, but I think PCOV will prevail...has upset potential.

Good luck to all.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

Nice pot-stirring.... a bit off, though. Expecting to see either of Columbus or FF in the final against WVan, depending on how the draw plays out. Again, top 4 placed teams were seeded.

Game/ Winner
1 Alemania (unless the Limeys have a whole bunch of new bodies)
2 Wickham
3 Bulldogs (cringing while typing this...)
4 Richmond (resisted the temptation to just write "United")
5 Cliff (if on turf, Luso if not)
6 WVan
7 SFU in a tough call
8 Stannard over Metcalfe
9 FF finally wake up in post-season
10 Inter by 1 in penalties
11 Sapp
12 Columbus in a walk
13 PCOV only if they've finally learned how to shoot....

Trece

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Wickham picks already, such confidence in a first year team. Like Sir M hoping to have a chance to play a game against another North Shore Club, and hopefully on my old stomping grounds of Ambelside B. Renew a few old acquaintances out there on the field - all guys that are great to play against.

Also looking forward to playing SFU Royals, bragging rights on the line with a fellow UBC squad member off to the Universities Masters' World Cup Tournament in Brighton, England this coming June. I can see the loser being out a few quid in a pub. (Don't ask how a couple of old SFU types are donning the Thunderbird jerseys?) Trece, you better think again on that call for game 7 -- there's beer on the line here!

And to the rest of the games, may the best team win. Great to have another season starting up; this last one is getting old and soggy. Here's to some sunny game days.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

Who's the beer between? You and Dougie? You guys can settle that one any given Saturday...:rolleyes: I guess it really depends if Steve (Tucsok) is allowed to play in the game - he seems to have seen a bit of card trouble this year. Tough guy to play against when he's on the field; he used to play for me in Burnaby years ago...still the key to their offence.

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0