Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February/March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the snow is done and this thread will pick up for the month :eek:

2 games this weekend, both on Sunday @ 10AM:

BRM vs Westside @ CAP
BRM needs this game more than Westside in order to solidify positioning for Provincial Cup berths... with a win, BRM would ensure finishing ahead of Sapperton and based on head-to-head record, would finish 'higher' than Westside and WestVan. (does anyone know what the tie-breaker would be? There is the potential for a 4-way tie for first on our side)

Sapp vs Cliff Ave @ Sapp Park
Sapp needs this one for the same reasons as BRM above, though even with the win, they could still finish 5th on the side and would need to hope for some help in the league cup.

Predictions?

BRM
Sapp

Cheers,

Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February Results and Banter

This is my prediction for this week:

Much like Chico's Audoban Society neckwear collection: two ties, a birdie, a mallard, and a duck.

Regs, normally Azzi goes for tiebreaker games.

And the Sapp/Cliff game has been moved to Hastings, which is to Cliff's advantage..

Sir M.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

BRM vs Westside @ CAP
BRM needs this game more than Westside in order to solidify positioning for Provincial Cup berths...

Sounds like a biased opinion, Regs. I think we would like to make provincials just as much as you guys . . . :rolleyes: We don't have any easy games left - every one is a fight to the end.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

Point being if we lose we will probably finish 5th on our side... you guys lose and you can still tie for first...

:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

2-2 @ CAP today.

They went up twice in the game and we battled to tie it back up each time.

A few posts but nothing to settle the saw-off.

I heard Sapp beat Cliff Ave 5-1... WOW, Cliff is in a major tailspin.

That puts us even on points with Sapp for the season I believe, what is the tie-breaker there if it comes down to a BC berth?

Westside can win the side outright but has a tough Columbus side in their way as well as Inter I think.

On to the cup now for us...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I caught most of the Sapp/Cliff game today (save for the 1st five and the last 10) and Sapperton looked way the better side on this day, up 4-0 at the half. Cliff Ave were without their top goal scorer, and Sapperton had pretty well everyone out, including a few guys it appeared from their Premier team, who made a big difference. Mario did not play in the 1st half, and saved a PK in the second. Sapperton appeared very hungry. MF's Sullivan played as well. 5-1 final score confirmed.

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M ...... Sapp only has Masters players, nobody borrowed from Premier.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

New faces I saw today, for example the big center back. But I could be wrong.

It was commented upon by the Cliff guys as well, the Sapp A side being relegated and all.

It is all within the rules. Sapp looked good today.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I caught most of the Sapp/Cliff game today (save for the 1st five and the last 10) and Sapperton looked way the better side on this day, up 4-0 at the half. Cliff Ave were without their top goal scorer, and Sapperton had pretty well everyone out, including a few guys it appeared from their Premier team, who made a big difference. Mario did not play in the 1st half, and saved a PK in the second. Sapperton appeared very hungry. MF's Sullivan played as well. 5-1 final score confirmed.

You have no clue about Sapp:
No open Premier players, just Master players. Thus, only Master players made the huge difference.
Missing 4 players against Cliff:
Ryan McNabb, Arnie Meers, Geoff Johnston, Clint Rodgers.
John Thurnes was the big man.

FYI we were missing 8 guys against you that cold miserable night.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FYI we were missing 8 guys against you that cold miserable night.

WAB, did you guys only have 3 players that night??? I could have sworn there were actually 11 of you Sapp guys out there, but counting has never been one of my strong points.:D However, 'excuses' seems to be one of your stronger traits.

JAGS

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB, did you guys only have 3 players that night??? I could have sworn there were actually 11 of you Sapp guys out there, but counting has never been one of my strong points.:D However, 'excuses' seems to be one of your stronger traits.

JAGS

I'm not really sure Sapp needs any excuses! Over the last 6 or 7 games, it looks to me like Sapp has the best record. :wa::wa: And the only loss over that stretch, even you WV boys have to consider yourselves pretty lucky to steal that game in the last minute! :mad:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm not really sure Sapp needs any excuses! Over the last 6 or 7 games, it looks to me like Sapp has the best record. :wa::wa: And the only loss over that stretch, even you WV boys have to consider yourselves pretty lucky to steal that game in the last minute! :mad:

Fair enough. Well done to Sapp for putting a good run in at the end of the season, but I think there is a reason why they call it a 'SEASON'.

Actually, Columbus has the best record in the last 10 games (I'm a big fan of round numbers).

Columbus - 8 Wins, 1 Loss, 1 Tie
Sapp - 7 Wins, 2 Losses, 1 Tie
WVFC - 6 Wins, 2 Losses, 2 Ties
Cliff - 3 Wins, 3 Losses, 4 Ties
BRM - 3 Wins, 3 Losses, 4 Ties

Not much difference, really between many of the top teams in the league. Cliff and BRM have not been in form of late, but still are teams that can beat anybody in the Province on any given day. Guess we will all have to wait and see who wins the League (congrats to Columbus for winning their side), the League Cup and hopefully a VMSL Masters Provincial Champion, so we do not have to hear Coach whine about his SMEPR ranking and he can just go back to ironing his Manpris.:D

JAGS

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fair enough. Well done to Sapp for putting a good run in at the end of the season, but I think there is a reason why they call it a 'SEASON'.

Actually, Columbus has the best record in the last 10 games (I'm a big fan of round numbers).

Columbus - 8 Wins, 1 Loss, 1 Tie
Sapp - 7 Wins, 2 Losses, 1 Tie
WVFC - 6 Wins, 2 Losses, 2 Ties
Cliff - 3 Wins, 3 Losses, 4 Ties
BRM - 3 Wins, 3 Losses, 4 Ties

Not much difference, really between many of the top teams in the league. Cliff and BRM have not been in form of late, but still are teams that can beat anybody in the Province on any given day. Guess we will all have to wait and see who wins the League (congrats to Columbus for winning their side), the League Cup and hopefully a VMSL Masters Provincial Champion, so we do not have to hear Coach whine about his SMEPR ranking and he can just go back to ironing his Manpris.:D

JAGS

Coach has had a good run though in the last 10 games as well. I can see them easily being #2 in the rankings.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well if we are quoting stats, and talking about luck etc, if memory serves Sapperton has the following head to head record with WVFC since the West Van team entered this league.

Sapperton: 0 wins, 6 losses, and 1 tie.

Very bad luck. Seriously.

For three years now.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well if we are quoting stats, and talking about luck etc, if memory serves Sapperton has the following head to head record with WVFC since the West Van team entered this league.

For three years now.

.. Must be the coaching

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

For three years now.

Then, reading between the lines I take it, you want to play Sapp in the league or Provincial Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0