Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February/March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wah......at least you're still playing! All I can say is my golf swing is improving.....and that's not saying much.

West Van vs Rangers........this going to be like the old Peg vs Rangers game that happened a few years ago.....on a very small Blvd Park?? Who won? Oh yeah....not the visitors....hmmmm...are any of the NSL teams going to win a game this year???

Cheers!

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wah......at least you're still playing! All I can say is my golf swing is improving.....and that's not saying much.

West Van vs Rangers........this going to be like the old Peg vs Rangers game that happened a few years ago.....on a very small Blvd Park?? Who won? Oh yeah....not the visitors....hmmmm...are any of the NSL teams going to win a game this year???

Cheers!

Just to clarify Scotty, Blvd park was prior to being dumped from the club, you know,the same year Columbus took you guys out down at Burnaby Lake turf after the famous face on the fence incident.:)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep....the cup was ours for the taking but some body just had to go and hit the big E who went screaming to the ground like he'd been hit by Tyson....yep...I remember. Sounds like we're going to be playing Friday nights next year....stay tuned!

ZZ

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think a lot of teams should go to Friday nite games....I'd like to get Van Tech turf on Friday. Too busy on Sundays with families.
SCK

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess they could not tie this game into the town center? Too bad. I hope Jags has enough time to Google this for directions to the game, I would hate to have to play withought linesmen :D

Dickens ............. all will be fine with our linesmen situation, as Eagles is back on Friday.

JAGS:D

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like we're going to be playing Friday nights next year....stay tuned!

So if Firemen go to Friday night games next year, does that mean you can add another Friday nighter for all the opposition or will there be one less league game for everyone else? Stay tuned.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like we're going to be playing Friday nights next year....stay tuned!

So if Firemen go to Friday night games next year, does that mean you can add another Friday nighter for all the opposition or will there be one less league game for everyone else? Stay tuned.

I think doubleheaders on Friday nights should be the plan with cab service to the lower mainland.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats West Van!

Looks like the extended layoff affected Columbus more than you?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 3, Columbus 2. This was a funny game. We seemed rather disinterested in the first 15 or 20, and then woke up and scored 3 straight and were up 3-0 with about 25 minutes to go, and were a bit unlucky to not be up by about twice that score at that point. I believe we rang 4 shots right off of the bar in this period. So, we took Steve Mac off (smart move Sir M :rolleyes:) for a rest and immediatley gave one up one. Then about two minutes later, on a funny play, our fullback gets a red card and Columbus gets a PK for a handball in the six yard box, and Frank scores on the PK: 3-2. And for the remainder of the game, we now had to play with 10 guys, and Sir M's hair was not getting any darker at all. Columbus' wide players were dangerous all game.

And the officiating was...well...

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the words Jags!!!

Unfortunately, I was not allowed to read the cards out or run the line.

I have to say my role with the team has diminished.

Who knows, the "Giant" may show up soon and do some damage!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Bobby "The Brain" Heenan could still take out Andre the Giant with a Figure Four Leg Lock.

Submisssion move.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am interested in hearing Hose's take on their game yesterday. Sounds like they were not there from Sir M.'s account...
SCK

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Peg......

All I can say is that the game was a lot closer than some people are making it out to be. I actually think we carried quite a bit of the play and had a lot of good missed opportunities early in the game. Yes, we were down by 3, but given 5 more minutes I think there might have been some OT. I would have to agree that taking Stevie Mac off changed the entire complexion of the game. He's a beast on the back line!

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarge I agree, it was good battle and could have gone either way. you guys definitely started strong and were unlucky not to get one early. Had us on our heals a bit. Things settle down after the that and traded some chances. Again in the last 15 you guys pressed us and we went down to 10 men. You guys missed some chances, we hit 4 cross bars.. always a good match with you guys, could have gone either way. Thought the man in the middle though had a shocker... both ways.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually, (get ready, I think Hell just froze over) agree with you Dickens. And Sarge that is not what I meant. It was actually a closely played game, and Columbus did have lots of control at the beginning, and especially when we went down to 10 men at the end. Their entire midfield is extremely talented and were a handful. I just thing we generated more actual chances on goal, and were unlucky not to have a few more go in. There were also many heated exchanges in this one, as it was great to see both teams compete as hard as they did. Here is one example:

Columbus player of Italian descent to West Van player of Asian descent as they jostle on a corner kick. "You should go eat Teriyaki."

West Van player of Asian descent and heavy accent back: "F**k you" (repeated about 30 times over and over).

Same Columbus player: "I am going to eat you."

Same West Van player: "No. You do not eat me. You eat Fettucini."

I am serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0