Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2007-2008 February/March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually, (get ready, I think Hell just froze over) agree with you Dickens. It was actually a closely played game, and Columbus did have lots of control at the beginning, and especially when we went down to 10 men. Their entire midfield is extremely talented and were a handful. I just thing we generated more actual chances on goal. There were also many heated exchanges in this one, as it was great to see both teams compete as hard as they did. Here is one example:

Columbus player of Italian descent to West Van player of Asian descent as they jostle on a corner kick. "You should go eat Teriyaki."

West Van player of Asian descent and heavy accent back: "F**k you" (repeated about 30 times over and over).

Same Columbus player: "I am going to eat you."

Same West Van player: "No. You do not eat me. Eat Fettucini."

I am serious.

So a Columbus player threatened to eat one of your players of Asian descent? That does not surprise me. Your defenders made me hungry too. Likely to rich for my taste buds. West Van types and all. Begs to question; which West Van defender would provide the largest servings if a Westjet flight crashed in the Rockies on the way to Nationals? Please take into account the West Van groupies that would also be on the trip. Alot of mouths to feed.:rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles. He could feed a small country. As a matter of fact, quite the coincidence that you are of Greek descent and all, because, he would have some nice Calamari for you.

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on the Master's meeting last night? Wasn't able to make it and I haven't gotten ahold of our new guy who attended.

How many teams did premier get reduced by and is there an O40's division?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier 10 teams
Div 1 10 teams
Div 2 - 2 sides of 10, did away with Div 3 (there are actually only 19 teams but there will be a draw or something for the remaining open spot btwn Columbus & Westside who want another team)

CAT system was voted as status quo

Over 40s looks like a go as 7 teams said they would definitely be in - this would start 2009/10 season. Talk about difficulty getting fields.

There were 2 other items...

Proposal for all Premier teams to put up another $200 each as prize money for next year - $1000 for 1st, $600 2nd, $400 3rd - looks like this will be a go but I think WA is sending out an email on it.

Proposal for looking into having linesmen for Premier games - about $500 each per team if so but there is the issue of not being able to get linesmen and a bigger issue of getting 'good' linesmen. League is going to look into it a bit more.

That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0