Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Turbuhaler

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
How much for each week?

Can I pick the colours?

:rolleyes:

Asking for people to pay you in your very first TTP post is pretty fcuking moronic if you ask me.

~Regs.
In fact, not just asking people to pay me, but pay me for using colours on a computer. I suppose I considered that we were posting on www.TAKETHEPISS.com, and thought too much of you.

Keeper, I have been to that most excellent site before. But besides the weekly results, I didn't see the link for the standings. Good to know, thanks.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binger 1 Sporting Punjab 0

It was unfortunate to not have gotten at least a result. Just like boogienights said, we had about 70% of possession, but couldn't buy a goal. Looking forward to a rematch. That was a definite handball, which the ref did admit to me after the game. Then I said why didn't you call it, he said b/c we hand balled it earlier in the first half. I don't recall a hand ball on our part, neither did anybody else. It was a shocking no call.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turbuflailer, for Division 2B standings, go here on the excellent site, click on "Division 2B", then click on "Division 2B" again under the word "standings". Fancy that.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] fury 4 - yaletown 1

Rikashay, it's good too know that they allow undernourished jug-eared Frannie Jeffers mingers to post on this site. Nice to meet you.

As for your dunderheaded comments re: YFC/Burnaby Fury match last week, it's as fair as me racing the dog up the stairs to see who gets the first shot at your mother to say that the "thrashing" we got from Fury warranted our expulsion from David Lam, such that it could be used by better teams.

Maybe you would have it reserved for Flamengo or Arsenal perhaps? Maybe the field can never be touched again, unless the 1970 Brazil team comes here for a friendly against the 1960 Puskas/de Stefano et al Real Madrid? Would that please you?

Perish the thought that a team that has played only three games EVER in this league (against the top three teams in our group, to be fair: Ravens, Alemania, Fury--hats off to them, good sides, deserving winners, etc., etc.) should be kicked into a lower division. This is our first season, we're without out best 2 players, and have the reasonable goal to finish fifth or sixth in our group. ALL the people who post here play either for long-established teams with squads that have been together for years (all three teams who beat us played intelligently, cohesively--an advantage that takes months or years together to gain--and deserved what they got) so we're pissed, to say the least, to be lumped in with the Ronald Macdonald whipping boys.

Judge us after we have played ten or 12 matches.

Say hi to your wife and my kids............

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Champlain's Keeper said:
It won't be a better test if we play like we did today. Credit to Alemania as they kept capitalizing on their chances/gifts from us. They will be a tough team this year and we just got our asses wooped today. On to next week and hopefully the guys will be hungrier. Dap we could have used you out there today.
.............see above

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

rikashay said:
burnaby fury spanked yaletown 4-1 on sat.This is another div 3 squad that will have trouble getting points this year ,maybe not AS bad as micky-d's but still shocking to say the least.David lam was in mint condition and the grass was even cut.The league really needs to have a lower division for teams like this.Should be a better test next week against champlain
sorry, three teams we played were Shaneen, Alemania, and Fury (not Ravens)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikashay... sorry about the vote.... it was actually a blond moment as I didn't read it and assumed it was who would win the Div2C pool so after flipping a coin between Fury & the Walk I made my selextion then read it.... :rolleyes:
I don't even know who MacDonald Realty is but judging by their standings I'd say they're not-so-good :rolleyes: (putting it mildly)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane16.... you still going off about last weeks game? Shouldn't you be bitching about your loss this past weekend? :eek:

I'll judge you after 2 games when you play the Walk (though you may gain confidence by playing this MacDonald Realty team prior to the Walk game.) :D

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz, point taken, but I just discovered the website today, so I had to say something. I'm not going to let some motherless **** like Rikoshay hiding behind his computer slag us off for shits and giggles. Would you?

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikashay, I see you're online now..........say something, you red-headed step-child....or are you cowering under your chair?

by the way, where IS Coquitlam??? Is it in the suburbs? If so, do you qualify as one of those bridge and tunnel t w a t s I catch pissing on my Jag every Saturday night, or do you keep it local.........?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury 6- Champlain 2

It's the same old story all over again. We are in it and then lose our focus and let the game slip away. Before I start I must say it was a shock to me when I was told before the game, Ang we are going to play you out at stopper today, I'm like eh fine.

Burnaby is a hard working team and they deserved this game. First 10 mins both teams were getting to know each other then Burnaby took over for about the next 20 mins and had a few chances to score on us before they actually potted one. Our goalie kept us in it with some big saves and then for the final 15 mins we started taking it to them and got a goal on our only shot on net and the half ended 1-1. Our goal was somewhat lucky but a goal is a goal.

Second half came and one of our center mids says I can't play anymore because of my knee. Ok so we replace him and had to put Dap in the center mid :eek: . We were going good and then as mentioned above a little yapping by 2 of our guys ensued and both got carded and it just seemed to fall apart after that. Dap who was supposed to be our attacking mid was left as a defending mid, I know that sounds scary, and they got 2 quick goals. The third goal was my fault as I went to clear it and it somehow got deflected by their one striker to the other and he had all day to wind up and to make matter worse I got a piece of it but not enough to stop it from going in. Thankfully since I was getting tired by then I was pulled off but I still thought we could do this and get a result. The guy who came on for me drew a penalty and we were able to make it 3-2 and we started coming on. Then the backbreaker happened as our last man back got beat to a ball by the Fury's striker who was at least 5 yards behind him when they both went for it. He finished that and there was about 15 to go and they were up 4-2. After that we kind of folded up and they got a few more to make it look worse than it was. All in all the game was a good game until that fourth goal that sealed our fate but full credit to Burnaby as they got the job done. Also it was nice to play in a game that had a good ref and play against a team that did not whine whatsoever. Sorry about the little fiasco between our players and it was somewhat embarrasing. Anyways hopefully we can rebound against Shaheen and get back on track.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quote by FCbytca: I guarantee only 3 goals scored on me for the rest of the season.

NK 4 - B UTD 1

The last time I looked 4 was more than 3. The season is also longer than 1 match. Next Prediction FCbytc!!!

By the way I don't play for NK ....Just an unbias opinion compared to your 23 year old ego!!!

Soory couldn't resist after your statements last week. I hoped you would at least last two weeks before conceeding 3!! :wa: :knvb: :wa:

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap at centre mid :eek: I hoped you guys lumped the ball into the trees a few times to give him a chance for a smoke break to catch his breath and get some "fresh" air!!

Was it Vinnie who was outraced for the 4th goal?? He needs at least a 10 yard head start to beat anyone :D (except maybe me!!)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry boogie sometimes I feel like TTP out of my own team but I can't do it. No Mickster it wasn't Vinnie that got beat as he is still a gimp after week ones game. Also it wasn't so much Dap at center mid it was Dap being forced to come back and defend that was the scary part. As for him catching his breath well it looks like someone needs a few more "Dance Lessons" at practice but I won't comment much more on that.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rikashay... you're pretty quiet right now.... this is when you're supposed to be ranting & raving about the wins and then be hiding in shame if you lose.... ;)

Nice job to the Fury.... guess I should be out to watch more games!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mick,

I had a feeling you'd be piping up but, jeez, take it easy on poor Vinnie would ya. Not only is he having one of those middle-age "sexuality" crises (You should see the way him and CK look at each other!) but his ankle is about the size of a basketball. Or a soccerball, whatever that is.

CK, it's not my dancing that needs work. Its my work that needs dancing. Fcuk it's boring here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0