Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

If I read properly, you are the moderator for this thread :confused:

ALL HALE THE MIGHT MODERATOR!!!

If this is true, why don't you moderated your a$$ to practice someday :mad:

Bonefish,

Thanks for the tie, it's going to be a tough game this weekend.
Is Belmont that good?
Anyways, best of luck on the weekend.

BTW: My physiotherapist just happens to be the token white guy on Richmond FC. He said that RFC didn't play well on Monday considering you guys scored both the goals in a 1-1 draw. :p

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont are the remnants of the Point Grey Rangers and a smattering of new/old players. They appear to be more solid than last year, which was a season with poor numbers for games(Not unlike Champlain).

D-money was running around like his usual madman self but RFC did not move up the field well as they were stacking their end with 6 players for extensive periods in our game. They did threaten on some turnover, long ball opportunites and one "controversial corner" but offensive was a struggle. As you heard we did not have a problem scoring at either end, although with the number of shots we had the scoreline could have easily been different.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
ALL HALE THE MIGHT MODERATOR!!!

You got that right. Bow your head!

Vinnie said:
why don't you moderated your a$$ to practice someday

Well, I've got a good reason, you see. I was practicing my first touch with a girl at the Jack Johnson concert, Plaza of Nations. Priorities, man. I know you understand.

Plus, all that running makes me really skinny. I gotta watch it for, ah, health reasons.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 6 Douglas Park 1

Aside from the first 10 minutes where the JB's used that as their warmup, the game was pretty much all JB's. Score could have been higher. Douglas Pk. got theirs late in the 2nd half from a corner kick. One of our forwards was in net, releiving Bonefish of the duties for the second half. Too much typing required to describe all 6 JB goals. Beer is gettimg warm, and the kid decided it was funny to dump his dinner on the dog's back. Fun times! Whatever happened to clubbing after Sat. night games???

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to take McDonald Realtors + the 6.5 points in their game vs Elephant Walk.

And defintely the over on the 7.5 line for goals scored.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Fury 6 Champlain Heights 2

The game was closer than the score indicates but defo a deserved win by Burnaby. It was 1-1 after at the half then 3-2 late in the second when the Fury scored (another) goal from a Champlain miscue. Story of the day. Burnaby got a couple late, late tallies to make it six. Ouch. Pretty sloppy game to watch, I reckon. Funny/strange moment of the day was the ref yellow carding one of our players for arguing a little too much with a teammate. Haven't seen that one before. Otherwise the ref was quite good. I honestly think he must have went to the wrong field. I mean, where was the usual 90-year old blind alcoholic usually assigned to Division 2?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicely done Fury!

Rickashay.... who scored all those goals? More than likely Ricco, Jason and possibly the Sexy German?? :D .... definitely know none came from you! :eek: ;)

Too bad Foster's not playing this season or it probably would have been 10-2

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Otherwise the ref was quite good. I honestly think he must have went to the wrong field. I mean, where was the usual 90-year old blind alcoholic usually assigned to Division 2?

Reffing the Blaze game in Tsawwassen. :D

Although he did a good job of, of, . Never Mind He didn't do anything well. Although i got told to shut up on the sidelines for telling my guy on the field he had a man-on :( . Not sure about that but he probably should have thrown a few yellows early in the game instead of trying to get the teams into their neutral corners. :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I'd like to take McDonald Realtors + the 6.5 points in their game vs Elephant Walk.

And defintely the over on the 7.5 line for goals scored.

10-2 For the Elephant walk.

Break even on that one. Who has played Ronald McDonalds Kids. Are they really that bad? I may have to go see them play if this keeps up.

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A report from the Fury and Champlain game it was a very good game early with play going both way in tough first half as the Fury took the early lead about at the 25th min mark, with Champlain replying of a corner in the 35 min. But the second half started with me #14 the central midlfielder and our striker on the bench due to injuries. I barely could move my left knee which is heavily iced right now as I wait for my gf to get home so I can fake it more and hopefully get some sympathy or a kick in the ass for playing. But I really don't know what happen in the second half as it was utter chaos as Fury scored 4 goals on what looked like the same play, I guess our team didn't take note of that the first time. But it was one of the worst half I have seen in my soccer watching life. I think the final score was 5-2 or 6-2. But from the half that I played with Harvey upfront, in my opinion the Fury are a good team but beatable but apparently not by us, from what I've heard and seen Alemania and Shaheen look to be the class. Maybe me Harv were to optimistice coming into this team this year and hoping for better things. But of the 6 players we brought only 1 will be playing next week against Shaheen as injuries seem to be a major problem for us. Well back to the ice and waitng for the gf to come home and yell.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster 2 Cleo's 0
Met up with Putter on a sun-drenched Sunday down at David Lam, With Bonefish Jr in the backpack I took in a lacklustre affair between these two teams. Cleo's just didn't seem to want to run the field and their mids left way too much space betwen themselves and the forward line to mount any effective offensive. Signmaster, although they had the majority of play, did not capitalize until late in the first half. After a ho-hum second half, with Signmaster having the better of the opportunities, Cleo's gave up a late goal after failing to clear from the top of their 18. It was not a game of good playmaking or intensity but the "sights" on the boardwalk made for a nice diversion....

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I want to know what happened to Westside C this weekend? The ref practically gave you the game on a silver platter.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Nicely done Fury!

Rickashay.... who scored all those goals? More than likely Ricco, Jason and possibly the Sexy German?? :D .... definitely know none came from you! :eek: ;)

Too bad Foster's not playing this season or it probably would have been 10-2

whats up spazztic one??i noticed you picked the b-town boys to lose against mc'dicks.......nice,i shoulda known.went down to the hawks game so i didn't see the gongshow but from what i heard,j got 3 and paul nailed a couple,and the german,come on ,u know better than that.Fury been training pretty hard as of late and fosters running the sessions.17 guys to last practice.
as for me not gettin any,i do all my scoring off the field honey u know that :eek: c ya soon

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How much for each week?

Can I pick the colours?

:rolleyes:

Asking for people to pay you in your very first TTP post is pretty fcuking moronic if you ask me.

~Regs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Turbuhaler said:
Are standings ever posted anywhere?
I can't decide whether you're trying to be funny or it's that you honestly don't know. Considering it's your first post, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, standings are posted. It's called The Excellent Site, and as the name suggests, it's the greatest website in the known universe.

Just ahead of CKNW, Westside FC, and MSN's On-Line Dictionary.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the almighty Regs blasting off on first time TTpers, and this being my first post in 2004, I hope this post is up to TTP snuff.

Bingers 1 Punjab 0

With 8 players over 35 and three well into their 40s, the Old Man Army stole this one. We had maybe 25% of the play, settling into our vaunted defensive shell with "The Binger Army Sponge", managed to counter with some explosive attacks. However, in extra time, we needed a friendly non-call in our box to preserve the win. A welcomed christening of the new white uniforms with Seece playing as Deece.

Consider ourselves fortunate this week. It could be argued that we have been fortunate each week this season.

Max Blink - one of the brothers wears 15 - Left Back.

Boogienights
:wa:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bombastic Report

Bomb A 4 - PGS 2

A dominating effort from the A boys and should have been up by 4 at the half if it wasn't for some shoddy finishing. 2 nil at the Half with a beauty from Bruce Foreman to open the score. Nice turn at the top corner of the 18 only to smash home into the far top corner. One af the nicest seen this year!! 2nd was a lobber from 25 yards which caught the keepr flat footed.

2nd half PGS fought back hard after going down 3-0 to come back 3-1 then down 4-1 and back to 4-2. PGS never gave up but were not close to squarign this match.

Bombastic B 1 - Lobbans 1. Deliberate hand ball at 20 minutes in the box saw lobbans go down to 10 men and a penalty shot. PK hits the post still 0-0. After another 15 minutes and Lobbans absorbing pressure they became comfortable and created an opportunity and capitalized on a mix up in the box to go up 1-0. Bombastic squared up at 40 minutes. 2nd half Bombastic should have put away 3 but DIDN'T. Great effort from Lobbans so maybe an earned point btu a little lucky. Bomb B were missing 4 regulars and created a little disjointed play on the attack and transition game out of the back line.

Bomb C didn't see the game.

I must say scores in Cat 2 B are unpredictable this year so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0