Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 1 Predictions: Div 2C

Let's get some action in here...

Shaheen / Ravens
Alemania / Yaletown
C-Men / Champlain - TIE
Fury / E-Walk - TIE
MacDonald / Belmont

Couple of new teams so should be interesting...

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A Predictions

Douglas Park vs Signmaster
Royal Unt vs Maplewood - tie, don't know Royal but Maplewood is traditoinally pretty weak
West Van Royals vs The Mighty Beam ...and it starts....
Bosna vs Cleo's - can't wait to see the Cleo's cheerleaders!!
Richmond FC vs City Cobras - can they defend the div 2 cup....

Looking forward to some old rivalries and creating new ones on our way to the top :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in . . .

2B

Westside Knights 2 - 1 Bombastic A

Come from behind victory, I'm told.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting Punjab 5 Kosova 0

Great start to the season with a strong performance from start to finish by all. We'll have to work out the kinks to lining the field for our next home game.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B or not.... Knights 2 Bombastic A 1

Indeed it was a come from behind win. Watching from the sidelines, being suspended and all (unbelievably!) we had most of the possession for the 1st half but could not convert. Knights got the wind for the second half and played long ball but with about 15 to go we got a counterattack and scored on the rebound, only to relax to the point of heroin nod and cough up a cheesy chip from 22 yards to give a tie 2 minutes later. After waking back up and putting together a couple of half assed chances the Knights managed to put a great corner through the box and picked the corner with maybe 7 or 8 minutes to go. Total comeback=complete bedshitting by us. 5 minutes of mental letdown. On a higher note the B squad came from 2 nil down to win 3-2 against Indo-Akal and of course, Canada won!!

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B... Binger's 2 HRV 1

An ugly match played on an even uglier pitch. I spent most of the first half trying to drag some dogshit (or was that cow shite?) off of my boots in the ankle high grass. Binger's carried the play through the first 25 minutes but failed to convert any of their marginal chances. A quick counterattack and a nice finish (chipped the keeper) by their diminutive striker put HRV ahead. The rest of the half was a scrabbly, sluggish affair.

The tempo picked up in 2nd half and Binger's (14) eventually redirected a low cross (attempted shot??) setting the stage for 15's first tally in four years, a left-footed rocket off of the bar and in.

Not a great start but we'll take the three points...

SL.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C Result:

Belmont 8 - 0 Other team

Sashi - good to see you keeping the army together.

Max Blink - happy birthday!

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A decent summary of the Bingers vs. NK Hrvat tilt; however, a discussion of that game can't go without mentioning the refereeing. This is a common excuse in Div. 2. In our match today, an obvious goal kick was instead called as a corner for Bingers. They subsequently scored with the scramble after their cross into the box. The second goal should have been an offside as their scorer had a good four feet on our team but you can't expect a ref 40 yards out to call it perfect, I guess. They did well to finish and earned their points that way. NK had a few breakaway/chances to go ahead but were unable to convert. As I said, the referee made quite a few errors, and his calls went both ways...we were just on the unlucky end of two of them. Looking forward to our rematch.

ps: the field was in very poor condition ie: tall grass

Full points to Bingers for pressuring and capitalizing on their chances, while NK looks for their first win next week against the Strikers.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 CAT

Kosova Sandzak SC 0 - 5 Club Ireland Hibs

Wasn't at the match as I was at our Div 1 game, but from all accounts, a solid preformance by the lads. Some nicely taken goals too apparently. On to 3 more points next week against RUFC. :)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain 3 Westside C-men 2

Score could have and should have been more for us and less for them. We came out on fire and hit the crossbar about five in. Then a min or so later we opened the score. Our guy who scored also got the next two his last being a penalty won by Dapotato. In control or the game and a nice 3-0 lead to end the half and I haven't been tested. Then second half comes and we almost blow it. We came out good for the first 15 mins and hit another post. Then we just went downhill from there on and they got 2 rather flukey goals and continued to come at us as all we tried to do was hump the ball upfield. They missed a couple good chances at the end but could not come up with the third. We'll take the win but I hope we continue to play like we were in the first half. Anyways it feels good to already better my win total from last years regular season :eek: . Good win by the boys and on to Alemania next week.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
Norvan JB's 4 West Van 0

Not much to say here, but West Van was totally dominated by the JB's. I don't even think there was any shots on net for WV.

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what's with all the tall grass? is there a strike we should know about?
Nomads 1 PGU 0. terrible, embarrassing and the long grass really ruined
what should have been a great day...

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp:

8 - buzz? come on the belmont! surely you must have scored one of those.

sashi lalu:

what the heck is with 15? my mind draws a blank on what the inspiration for that might be.

max

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max - the result was more to do with the quality of the opposition as they will take some nasty spankings (not the good kind) this year. I assisted on all 8 yesterday - from the sidelines...

Sashi - stand corrected. Thought you might throw another guy up front this year, it being div 2 and all.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Fury 1 vs. Elephant Walk "A" 0

Intense game with a 1-0 finish for Bby Fury with Ricco pulling off an amazing bicycle kick to the corner of the net :cool: .... the Walk's keeper barely moved for it!
The Walk was all over them the second half but couldn't finish.

Chippy game but entertaining from the sidelines... next match for these 2 teams should be interesting!

G

Goodtimes

Belmont 8 - Ronald MacDonald Realty 0

Someone call Rueben and tell him to open up Div. 3 cause Div 2c has a team to send down. We all paid our league fees to play soccer, not attend a circus! I have never seen an entire team have 2 left feet and still try to find their right peg to kick the ball. Bring out the mercy rule, cause Rotten Ronnies are gonna need it!

Looks like the Sperm Donors are up next for Belmont. A bunch of back room bathroom wanking tambourine players - it is kinda bothersome to know that the test tube team is running behind you on the field. I mean, are they really trying to go for the ball, or do they just want to brush up against you for a quick thrill and a chump chubby?

Little General

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont "Goodtimes",

I've merged your old user account with this new one.

Trying to keep up,

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0