Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - October 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
So what's up with City FC Rangers using an ineligible player? tsk tsk ... not the way to get promoted back to first div

They were eligible players. The problem was i had their id cards and i was in toronto. Ref said if you can prove they are who they say they are go ahead and play them. We did and we shouldn't have. it would not ave made a differnce in game score as we were playing the roos.

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yo boys,

Un like TS I have to disagree with his interpretation of the way that things went. Unlike most of the year, we let ourself's down with our own defensive mistakes. I am not surprised to hear that TS thinks that it was not the "D" but it was a style that was "kick and run" as he says!! Well we were not pushed to the limit by these guys, it was alot of sloppy play by our defence which created our kick and run style that kept the game very close!!

This is a problem that will be solved very soon if not already!! We played hard and the teams that face us from now on, have to bring everything they have because we are going to do the same!! I also saw the game Vs. the Primos and Dopuglas Park. I have to say that they are good sides and they will be tough games for us. Great side with the boys from primos, I can't wait to show the mid and the keeper that we remember the date of our game as well!! Take it easy boys and good luck to all squads this week!!!

Cheers Biach!!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
  1. IFC Polonia vs Firefighters "C": Closest thing to match of the week with 1st playing 5th. Kosova Aryana might be more interesting. Polonia by 2
  2. City FC Cobras vs Bombastic SC "A": Bombastic have plenty of serum for the Cobras and win by 3
  3. Bosna SC vs PCOV "A": PCOV should get all 3 points
  4. Kosova SC vs Aryana FC: Kosova by 2
  5. Signmaster SC vs Maplewood United: These teams have been playing each other for a few years and despite the disparity in the standings anything can happen. 1-1 Tie
2B
  1. Primo FC "A" vs Cleo's FC: Primos remain undefeated winning by 2
  2. "B" United vs Unicorns FC: Unicorns should get all 3pts from this match
  3. Belmont FC vs Douglas Park: MOTW(3rd vs 5th) Will Belmont field a full team, will Bandcamp find some magic form from seasons past....DP by 2
  4. West Van Royals vs KLM Alemania FC: Alemania by 1 goal.
  5. Richmond FC vs Nomads FC "A": Richmond in a walk
2C
  1. City FC Rangers "A" vs IFC Zawisza: Rangers should have no problems especially playing at home.
  2. Green Devils FC vs C-Men United: GD's will be playing a card troubled side. but will be challenged. GD's by 1
  3. Yaletown FC vs FC Romania MOTW(3rd vs 1st) Will the return of Yaletown's alltime leading scorer be enough to give them victory? Yaletown by 1
  4. EV Socceroos ‘A’ vs Westside FC Knights: Westside continues the punishment.
  5. Norvan JB's vs FC Sandzak: After last weeks letdown the boyz will be fired up for redemption. JB's by 2

Undefeated Watch: Polonia(still no goals conceded), Richmond, Primos, grrr....Romania

This weeks matchups, with lots of pairings between teams on opposite sides of the table, will prove or disaprove the contenders from the pretenders. Its easy to get up for the big games it is weeks like these that prove a team's mettle.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Belmont FC vs Douglas Park: MOTW(3rd vs 5th) Will Belmont field a full team, will Bandcamp find some magic form from seasons past....DP by 2

Should be a fun one but we are barely at 11 from what I understand. No excuses as we'll get stuck in but we are without our secret weapon...so goals might be hard to find :)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
2A
Yaletown FC vs FC Romania MOTW(3rd vs 1st) Will the return of Yaletown's alltime leading scorer be enough to give them victory? Yaletown by 1

Is that a real prediction or just wishful thinking? If Romania beat you guys 3-0, I can't see them dropping points to anyone except maybe the Green Devils.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
Is that a real prediction or just wishful thinking?
There is a bit of wishful thinking but to fully answer your question, two things.

1. Yaletown's top goal scorer returns this weekend.
2. Although we lost 3-0, It was one of those games where the score does not a true indication of the play. I don't think we deserved the win but a few bounces here and there and the scoreline is totatly different. We were unlucky not to score a few goals(Romania could have scored more as well).

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
There is a bit of wishful thinking but to fully answer your question, two things.

1. Yaletown's top goal scorer returns this weekend.
2. Although we lost 3-0, It was one of those games where the score does not a true indication of the play. I don't think we deserved the win but a few bounces here and there and the scoreline is totatly different. We were unlucky not to score a few goals(Romania could have scored more as well).
It should definitely be an interesting game. While the individual named in your first point hasn't had a great season so far, YFC has made a couple of offensive additions this season that are already making a good impact. Thankfully, most of our home games have been moved to the turf pitch at Point Grey, so that should eliminate some of the random bounces we get at David Lam. I'd have to consider us underdogs, especially in light of last weekend's result, but if we show up ready to play we'll definitely have a shot at taking some points. We are also pretty motivated not to let a team in our group go 18-0 like the Hurricanes did last season. Of course, their current position at the top of the Div. 1 table shows that their unbeaten run was not undeserved.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is shaping up to be a quiet year in the Div 2 threads...No NK'ers to spark up the controversy, Socceroos has apparently been incapaciated by his teams on-field woes...
Perhaps with our Monday game time, Therapist will get pissed up this weekend and start some shizat!!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 2 - Romania 3:
Made the trip out to Kerrisdale to watch this match. I was greeted by a 1-0 scoreline in favor of the Latte boyz with 20 to go in the first. 2-0 came in short order and it was painful to watch yaletown squander some more glorious chances. With a few minutes left in the half, Romania pulls one back. Yaletown nearly restored the 2 goal cushion just after half. To begin the second, Yaletown came out flatter than flat. Romaina was getting too much time on the ball. Romaina were rewarded with a goal by their no. 13 who blasted a shot from outstide the 18(not unlike our match the previous week). Yaletown continued to struggle around goal and could have restored a lead on a few occasions. Romaina's persistence paid off and they got the go ahead goal with about 15 left in the match. Yaletown's poor execution in the final third of the field cost them as they had ample opportunity to level the game or better but came up short. A good match with lots of action. With Romaina you need to mind your defense game and keep at it for a full 90min.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Made the trip out to Kerrisdale to watch this match. I was greeted by a 1-0 scoreline...
Ya big dummy. If you mentioned you were going I might've been there to greet you as well. Then again, I wouldn't have been able to make the 9:40 show of The Departed. :cool:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 3- Nomads 0
They only had 11 guys, went down to 10 with an injury about 20 mins in. But Nomads worked hard and generated some counterattacks and had a couple decent chances. We had numerous chances but couldn't put one away. 0-0 at the half. Fcuking shocking considering the difference in talent level on the pitch. We picked it up in the second half as they began to tire and scored 3. We were missing 3-4 starters (myself included) and had a couple guys in new spots. The downpour and a slick field didn't help, but overall it was a weak performance for us. We're gonna need to be better the next 3 weeks as we have DPR, Belmont and Primo. 3 huge games that'll go a long way in determining promotion.

On to DPR and the definite MOTW!

TS

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Yaletown 2 - Romania 3:
Made the trip out to Kerrisdale to watch this match. I was greeted by a 1-0 scoreline in favor of the Latte boyz with 20 to go in the first. 2-0 came in short order and it was painful to watch yaletown squander some more glorious chances. With a few minutes left in the half, Romania pulls one back. Yaletown nearly restored the 2 goal cushion just after half. To begin the second, Yaletown came out flatter than flat. Romaina was getting too much time on the ball. Romaina were rewarded with a goal by their no. 13 who blasted a shot from outstide the 18(not unlike our match the previous week). Yaletown continued to struggle around goal and could have restored a lead on a few occasions. Romaina's persistence paid off and they got the go ahead goal with about 15 left in the match. Yaletown's poor execution in the final third of the field cost them as they had ample opportunity to level the game or better but came up short. A good match with lots of action. With Romaina you need to mind your defense game and keep at it for a full 90min.
Very good summary. The referee was right on top of Romania's diving, which we had been warned of last week, and they cut it out very soon. On the whole it was a very clean game, and the officiating was quite good. My only gripe is having a clear penalty denied in the last minute when a defender knocked my cross out of the air with his fist. Hand ball calls are a huge problem in this league, and the referees seem to be confused regarding the rule. The ref said that it was "ball to hand", but the defender had his arms straight out from his body like he was playing basketball. If you watch professional defenders, they always put both arms behind their back when they block shots, because they know they will get called if the ball hits them away from the body.
Apart from that one call, though, the officiating was solid, and if we had gone into halftime with the score 6-1 instead of 2-1, then it wouldn't have mattered. Finishing is definitely our biggest problem, but full credit to Romania for sucking up the pressure for 45 minutes and then turning it on until the end. They certainly aren't of the same caliber as the Hurricanes last year, though, and will definitely drop points.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 1 - DPR 3

Credit to DPR who showed up ready to play and had a 2-0 lead within the first 5 minutes. After that it was pretty even and neither keeper were really called on as both teams created little.

We need some players to return or it will be a long year but I hear reinforcements are on the way...should be ready for the Primo's tilt and will try to steal some points from them.

Little Mexican kid on DPR is talented but took every opportunity to dive when tackled and did little to endear himself to anyone. Rest of the DPR guys are solid and should have a good year. The ref can be thanked for both early DPR goals but who really cares after they're already goals :( He was a disgrace and I hope we never see him again.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Ya big dummy.
It was a spur of the moment decision to go and I had bonefish jr in tow so I was not able to bring any refreshments or the camera. Next time.

Re: Interesting results from this weekend..

-PCOV's tie vs Bosna is top of the list.
-City FC Rangers tie on home turf was not expected.
-Polonia conceding its first goal in 6 games
-Yaletown's loss to Romania...You had to be there to appreciate the opportunity squandered.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
-City FC Rangers tie on home turf was not expected.

Neither was our shitty play. Apparently we are not that good, no better than mid pack. We can hopefully sort ourselves out before the cup starts.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's even worse is that I showed up at half time to watch... and they had no beer.

What a fcuking disgrace from a bunch of worthless cnuts!

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bears 24 Matt Leinart is a doucebag kunt who is a worhtless son of a motherless whore ( hope this passes ) 23

Uhhhh ..... bears won just bearly 6 - 0

Westside Knights 3 The " Roos 1

A good game all around should have ended 2-2 . They had better finishing than we did and could have won 3-1 if they didn't score on their own goal. Should have been a better performance on our part but hey whatever bring on the greeenies.

cheers , The Rattler

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 3 Nomads 0

Well TS was right about one thing, we did not have our full team. But we did really well with the guys we had. I have to agree with TS we would have been better witht he other starters. As for the game, I was impressed with the effort that the boys from Nomads put out, they are a good bunch of guys, but we were a little better. As for the DPR we will have a great battle!! I will not be at the game, but we should be OK with our other coach!! I have to say that I am still waithing for the Primos and our little battle on the 4th.

As for the Rattler, good win big guy!! I still have the transfer papers for you!!! TTYL and good luck to the other squads!!

Peace Biach!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0