Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the first November that I can remember that has not seen any weather related postponements. This weekend will see most teams compelete the first leg of league play. Favorites for promo so far are Polonia, Primo, Romaina, who are all undefeated through 3 games.

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2 CAT] Predictions, Results & Banter, November, 2006

Yo Yo Yo,

Well guys, I guess your wondering about our awsome performance on the weekend!! Well we finally lost!! I guess the mighty RFC were not that Mighty over the weekend, and we lost to an OK side!! They were not that good, but they were good enough to beat us, so I guess they are some what good!! We just could'nt score a goal to save our lives, and they did!! Well Oh well onto bigger and better AKA the "Primos"!!!

Well I think that we can give them a run and we will have a very tough fought game!! I think that we will take them out and maybe open up the division!! It should be a good fight and for the "Second Best Goalie" in the league, (AKA Primos Goalie) I have the date memorized as well!!

Peace Biach!!!

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Results, Banter & Predictions - November 2006

bonefish said:
This is the first November that I can remember that has not seen any weather related postponements.
October, you mean. I foresee a few postponements this weekend. The water was a few inches deep on the turf at training tonight, so I'd be surprised if all the grass fields are given the all clear at noon tomorrow. I assume we'll have your predictions by early afternoon, bonefish?

On another note, I see Yaletown's missed opportunities vs. Romania and JB's shockers vs. Yaletown in a whole new light after watching Arsenal's comedy act on Tuesday against the Muscovites.

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

there's so much action going on in this thread i can't help but drop a post. a few thoughts on the season so far. starting with 2a, i think the best team we've played so far is kosova. i'm pretty surprised that signmaster hadn't allowed a goal since last weekend, as they weren't as strong as i expected. we rang 3 off the iron on top of the 4 that we scored, and controlled the play a large majority of the game. they'll probably drop a few points in the second half of the season. looking forward to playing all the teams again. as for 2b, primos looking in control so far, but things could change after this weekend. i doubt it. i would be surprised if richmond got even as close of a turnout as the primos for practices. we'll find out this weekend if richmond's all talk, or if they can beat a strong primo squad. DPR also seems like a good squad, but will need some help to gain promotion. i would like to see the gd's or the jb's beat out the romanians, but they'll need a lot of help to be able to do it. the garbage the romanians pull on the field is ridiculous. our cat team last year played them, and if they stuck to playing soccer they would be fine. but they're a bunch of dirty btiches and the league should start dishing out fines and suspensions. however, they are in control of 2c. i'm out.

bukkakemon

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Given the Biblical deluge outside my window right now, I'd be very surprised if any grass games are played this weekend. Time to build an ark (or more turf fields).

Gigi_Becali

Oct 23, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

bukkakemon said:
i would like to see the gd's or the jb's beat out the romanians, but they'll need a lot of help to be able to do it. the garbage the romanians pull on the field is ridiculous. our cat team last year played them, and if they stuck to playing soccer they would be fine. but they're a bunch of dirty btiches and the league should start dishing out fines and suspensions. however, they are in control of 2c. i'm out.

bukkakemon

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Last season we’ve played your mighty IFC Ravens twice and the scores were 6 – 0 and 9 – 1 in our favour. I guess the only garbage on the field on those games was your team, I’m surprised that you are still able to talk about our team after these humiliating results.
Good luck in your div. 2 A and hope to see you next year in div 1 for more soccer lessons.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oggy said:
October, you mean.
It should have read something like this is the first time we have reached the month of November....etc but I spoke too soon. Games this weekend willl be few and far between.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

2A
  1. Firefighters "C" vs PCOV "A": Postponed
  2. Bombastic SC "A" vs Aryana FC:postponed
  3. Bosna SC vs IFC Polonia:postponed
  4. Signmaster SC vs City FC Cobras:postponed
  5. Maplewood United vs Kosova SC:postponed
2B
  1. Primo FC "A" vs Richmond FC: MOTW This will be the make it or break it weekend for Richmond. Another loss at this point will be a tough test of character for a team with so many new faces. 1-1Tie
  2. Belmont FC vs "B" United: Postponed
  3. Douglas Park vs West Van Royals: Postponed
  4. Nomads FC "A" vs Cleo's FC: Champlain Park is almost always open but I think even it can't hold up to this deluge
  5. Unicorns FC vs KLM Alemania FC: Postponed
2B
  1. City FC Rangers "A" vs Yaletown FC: MOTW City FC have some good talent, Yaletown have enough organization to overcome "on paper" disadvantages. City FC by 1.
  2. Westside FC Knights vs C-Men United: Postponed
  3. FC Romania vs IFC Zawisza: Postponed
  4. Norvan JB's vs EV Socceroos "A": JimBeam are looking to get back on track after the previous weeks results. To do that, they are going to come out hard and be relentless. JB's by 2.
  5. FC Sandzak vs Green Devils FC: Postponed

Undefeated: Polonia, Primo, Romainia

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

are the north van fields closed this weekend ?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
2A
  1. Firefighters "C" vs PCOV "A": Postponed
  2. Bombastic SC "A" vs Aryana FC:postponed
  3. Bosna SC vs IFC Polonia:postponed
  4. Signmaster SC vs City FC Cobras:postponed
  5. Maplewood United vs Kosova SC:postponed
2B
  1. Primo FC "A" vs Richmond FC: MOTW This will be the make it or break it weekend for Richmond. Another loss at this point will be a tough test of character for a team with so many new faces. 1-1Tie
  2. Belmont FC vs "B" United: Postponed
  3. Douglas Park vs West Van Royals: Postponed
  4. Nomads FC "A" vs Cleo's FC: Champlain Park is almost always open but I think even it can't hold up to this deluge
  5. Unicorns FC vs KLM Alemania FC: Postponed
2B
  1. City FC Rangers "A" vs Yaletown FC: MOTW City FC have some good talent, Yaletown have enough organization to overcome "on paper" disadvantages. City FC by 1.
  2. Westside FC Knights vs C-Men United: Postponed
  3. FC Romania vs IFC Zawisza: Postponed
  4. Norvan JB's vs EV Socceroos "A": JimBeam are looking to get back on track after the previous weeks results. To do that, they are going to come out hard and be relentless. JB's by 2.
  5. FC Sandzak vs Green Devils FC: Postponed

Undefeated: Polonia, Primo, Romainia
Wow. You've already called 12 out of 15 correctly, according to The Excellent Site. Only three left to pick up for the grand slam...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangers 2 Yaletown 0. after 82 minutes when lights went out. i guess we will play the last few minutes before we play them next time.

Wet and cold last night. But the pub was packed, the band was rocking, the cougars were hunting and the jager was flowing. feel like shite now though.:D

First half was fairly even, we, i thought, had more chances on goal but the play itself was even and both teams had balls cleared off the line. the wet turf made it tough to control the ball as it was skipping by guys and passes were shooting by and going for throw ins. The battle for control was in the middle of the park and until halftime it was pretty even. Both keepers had great games and made some timely stops and picked up some dangerous through balls.

2nd half started much like the 1st with the ball trying to settled down in the middle. Both teams were tiring and a little bit of individual magic broke the deadlock. Onr of our centre mids, picked up the ball with his back to goal about 35 yards out. turned a guy and was now facing the goal. their d backed off him and he unleashed a howitzer that went in top left corner. Unstoppable. And then he was spent and got subbed off. :D Our second came a few minutes later and went in at the very same spot of the net after some good work by our forwards. Lights went out 5 minutes after that with about 7-10 minutes left. Reffed showed up late and we had no chance to finish game after the late start.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

for the curious...
Primo 2 - Richmond 0

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Machel, did you actually see this game? I'm curious as to how the game played out. After all the hype this week that RFC was gonna win this game, just wondering if the scoreline is accurate to the game or not?

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last season we’ve played your mighty IFC Ravens twice and the scores were 6 – 0 and 9 – 1 in our favour. I guess the only garbage on the field on those games was your team, I’m surprised that you are still able to talk about our team after these humiliating results.
Good luck in your div. 2 A and hope to see you next year in div 1 for more soccer lessons.[/QUOTE]

not my team, jackass, our cat team. because you're obviously too stupid to realize, polonia is polish, and the team you beat last year was a bunch of indians. but thanks for coming out. regardless of whether it's next year or during cup play, i also hope we play you so we can take your 'lesson' and stuff it up your ass. enjoy winning this year, because you won't be next year if you move up to first.

bukkakemon

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Conductor,

Machel plays on the Primos, so I would assume his opinion may be a bit biased. But from what I've seen this year, the scoreline would be pretty accurate as far as talent on both teams stands. Primos are definitely the class of 2B. It seems as though all 3 divisions have one team that is far ahead of the pack talent-wise (although Romania may be iffy from a sportsmanship standpoint). I would like to see how these 3 teams stand up to each other. I also think the GDs in 2C are a decent team who would give these teams a good challenge.

I would be surprised if the Primos relent more than 8 goals all year given their stellar defense. It seems as though they are getting their wheels going on offense now as well, but if they do have a weak point, offense it would be.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

promos 2 - rfc o

A good game overall, we gave up an own goal in the first half(unlucky). They are a hard working group that play positionally well but dont have alot of skilled guys. They are starting to get banged up with their striker getting carried off the field and their center mid asking to come off with a pulled groin. Our line-up changes more than capt. morgans and Lino's trying to decide what team their gonna play for. When we get some consistency we will eat those guys.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Primo 2- RFC 0
Team Starter pretty much summed it up. Primo are an excellent team defensively and close the ball the down quickly, limiting the easy outlet passes out of the back. Their buildup is pretty good too, but they lack finish in the attacking 1/3. Both teams had decent chances to score, with both teams missing the net most of the time. They wanted it more than we did, and worked harder to every ball. Maybe if the injury bug hits them, it's possible they could drop points here and there, but not likely.

On a side note, how's #11 doing? I was the one that went in with the bad tackle from behind. No intent to injure, it looked alot worse than it was. He looked like he was in alot of pain, so I hope he's doing alright.

TS

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

conductor, a quick summary...

-a whipped in cross results in an early own goal
-primo penalty miss(post)
-goal from a header

Richmond has a decent back four. they're closest chance was a free kick that went wide by a couple feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0