Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter October, 2005

Who will win this weekends clash of the, er, titans, Bombastic or Yaletown

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SH!T this better not be one of those, come to the field and the ref cancels the game

NK over the JBs

Nomams over the Unicorns

Primo will roll Richmond

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos 3-1 Semen Untied
I don't think I've ever seen a team get unluckier than the Semen today. Socceroos only fielded 10 men for the whole game, and their goal was under constant pressure. The pitch was complete shite, tho, and it seemed that every bounce went the way of the men in yellow. Socceroos' keeper deserves a mention for a very strong performance, but in general they were saved by whatever deity oversees the bounces at Adanac Park. When the Semen tried to play a long ball, it would inevitably stop in a puddle halfway to its target, and short balls would always skid too far. Even the skilled right and center mids were usually confounded by the pitch rather than the opposing defense.
The last goal for the Socceroos epitomized the whole match: a long clearance from the Socceroo defense went over everyone and was headed straight to the Semen keeper, who came running out to clear the ball. However, the ball suddenly stopped dead in a puddle of water and the Socceroo striker, who was chasing a ball that was obviously too long for him, suddenly ended up closer to it than the keeper. The latter had already committed, though, and when the striker attempted to fire the ball in from 30 yards, he flubbed the shot horribly and it went across the field to where another fortunate Socceroo was able to put it into the empty goal.
Semen were fantastically unlucky, but Socceroos do deserve credit for running after everything, especially in apparently hopeless situations that can change completely in conditions like today.
I'm a bit surprised that the game was allowed to proceed, since the pitch was ten times worse than David Lam was when our Saturday game against The Mighty MacDonald was called off. At least the standings look a bit closer now that the top three in 2C were idle for a weekend.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo 2 - RFC 2
Shocking result today at Honda! Primo totally underestimated us today and came away with just 1 pt. I think we out-played them in the first half and missed several great chances to open the scoring. They scored on a rebound from a free kick, one of their few chances in the opening frame. We scored on a great volley at the half-time whistle to tie things up. Second half we came out flat and they took it to us. We scored on a PK (totally bad call, no foul there, but we'll take it) to go up 2-1. They turned up the pressure and had us on our heels for the rest of the game. Primo tied it up with about 20 to play, and we barely hung on for the tie. We had 11 players, with one pulling both calves in the first half, but somehow pulled off a tie. Primo were choked at the result, obviously. A couple of cheap cnuts on that team, mouthy, too.
IMO the JBs are a better team than Primo, but are just consistent under-achievers.
Anyways, this gives us something to build on and hopefully we can carry it into our next game, and maybe turn our season around a little.

TS

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Socceroos only fielded 10 men for the whole game, and their goal was under constant pressure. The pitch was complete shite, tho, and it seemed that every bounce went the way of the men in yellow. Socceroos' keeper deserves a mention for a very strong performance, but in general they were saved by whatever deity oversees the bounces at Adanac Park. When the Semen tried to play a long ball, it would inevitably stop in a puddle halfway to its target, and short balls would always skid too far. Even the skilled right and center mids were usually confounded by the pitch rather than the opposing defense.
The last goal for the Socceroos epitomized the whole match: a long clearance from the Socceroo defense went over everyone and was headed straight to the Semen keeper, who came running out to clear the ball. However, the ball suddenly stopped dead in a puddle of water and the Socceroo striker, who was chasing a ball that was obviously too long for him, suddenly ended up closer to it than the keeper. The latter had already committed, though, and when the striker attempted to fire the ball in from 30 yards, he flubbed the shot horribly and it went across the field to where another fortunate Socceroo was able to put it into the empty goal.
Semen were fantastically unlucky, but Socceroos do deserve credit for running after everything, especially in apparently hopeless situations that can change completely in conditions like today.
I'm a bit surprised that the game was allowed to proceed
Blah,Blah,Blah.....We had to play under the same conditions and we played the first 35min. with only 9 guys. You are either very UNLUCKY.....or your entire TEAM sucks shite. See Ya

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 CAT
Lobban's SC "C"
BC Romania
Champlain Heights
Sun/2.00pm
7-7

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

WTF ............... can someone please tell me more about this match?????? Did Duncan O'Mahoney final hit the extra point for the tie?????

JAGS :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
2 CAT
Lobban's SC "C"
BC Romania
Champlain Heights
Sun/2.00pm
7-7

WTF ............... can someone please tell me more about this match?????? Did Duncan O'Mahoney final hit the extra point for the tie?????

post this in the Div 2CAT Thread and you'll find out. BUT I'm guessing the answer is NO!

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
Blah,Blah,Blah.....We had to play under the same conditions and we played the first 35min. with only 9 guys. You are either very UNLUCKY.....or your entire TEAM sucks shite. See Ya
Socceroos,
I feel compelled to respond to your eloquent and well-reasond post. If you were ever not drunk, you'd know that I don't play for the C-Men, and really didn't care which team won today's mud-wrestling competition. I'd intended to see a football match between Punjab and Kosova, but when that was cancelled I decided to see what the first team to drop points to MacDonald looked like in the (very abundant) flesh. :D
In case you missed it, I gave you guys credit for hustle and goalkeeping, but by no stretch of the imagination can you call what you were doing today "soccer". The C-Men had a lot of difficulty because the ground was making their passes worse than usual, but Socceroos did well because passing isn't part of their game. When all you do is hoof the ball upfield or out of bounds every time it gets near you, shitty field conditions can't really affect you. I didn't see Socceroos make a single intended pass that reached its target in that game, and I can see why you guys got smoked by a total of 17-3 by Bombastic, Kosova, and Punjab.
Every now and then, you will get lucky against teams when you play on a field that should have been closed and all you do is boot the ball as hard as you can in whatever direction, but I certainly wouldn't say that you were better than the unfortunate C-Men.
Not that I care. :D
See Ya :wa:

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
2 CAT
Lobban's SC "C"
BC Romania
Champlain Heights
Sun/2.00pm
7-7

no but i saved alot of money on my car insurance with geico :eek: ;) :D

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
Socceroos,
I feel compelled to respond to your eloquent and well-reasond post. If you were ever not drunk, you'd know that I don't play for the C-Men
Now that I am sober, and had another look at my eloquent and well-reasoned post,and your eloquent and well-reasoned posts for that matter . I am starting to think that you are a closet Semen lover. You should call Fletch and ask him if they are in need of a play by play announcer.
Time for a morning Beer.

Prost

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
2 CAT
Lobban's SC "C"
BC Romania
Champlain Heights
Sun/2.00pm
7-7

There is a nice post under the CAT 2 Resluts and Banter. That is where I usually look for CAT game info!!!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Roo mate. First congratualtions on putting a 1 under the W this week. I say this only cause it's nice to see the Cmen lose!

Now for the truths. You have been strangly absent from TTP all season long (not quite true as you did post once tryng to explain the draw with Micky D's) and all of a sudden you post 3 times cause you grind out a win.

That's just cowardly. Face the piss and answer the call win or lose mate.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:

Yes, blah, blah, blah....funny, that's what we heard from the sidelines during the game - from your big mouth. I didn't have a problem with any of your players. For the most part they are a hard working bunch and play clean soccer. Your keeper especially played well, saving one on a breakaway, and made another great save on a freekick. The pitch was covered with standing water all over the place, which really took the skill factor out of the game, which worked in your favor. That being said, we failed to convert one of our chances in the second half and can only blame ourselves for the loss.
You know, your constant trash-talking b.s. doesn't make a good impression for your team, who, like I said, aren't that bad a group.
By the way, Oggy doesn't play for us, he plays for Yaletown....smart guy.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Hey Roo mate. First congratualtions on putting a 1 under the W this week. I say this only cause it's nice to see the Cmen lose!

Now for the truths. You have been strangly absent from TTP all season long (not quite true as you did post once tryng to explain the draw with Micky D's) and all of a sudden you post 3 times cause you grind out a win.

That's just cowardly. Face the piss and answer the call win or lose mate.

You are right my friend, It is nice to beat the C-men and doing it in the mud with 9 guys is even sweeter. I also realize that I haven't been posting as much on this fine site, which is partially due to work commitments. The tie with the Clowns was bad news,( so is the rest of our season so far) I am slowly re-emerging and if we win a few more, I will really start to piss people off on this thread. I will take your advise though and face the music... win or tie.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS, nice result against the Primos, surprising but nice ;) . Now when we get our win against NK that will tighten up the division a bit. Lucky for them we got rained out :D

Roy Keane

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea you are right about the Primo a couple of cheap ****s on the team the will get it the next time they play the green devils. Espically the fat guy in the middle of the park.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane said:
they will get it the next time they play the green devils

Well, seeing as your last prediction about the Green Devils "walking the league" panned out so well I won't hold my breath on this one.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
You are right my friend, It is nice to beat the C-men and doing it in the mud with 9 guys is even sweeter. I also realize that I haven't been posting as much on this fine site, which is partially due to work commitments. The tie with the Clowns was bad news,( so is the rest of our season so far) I am slowly re-emerging and if we win a few more, I will really start to piss people off on this thread. I will take your advise though and face the music... win or tie.
Well said Roo mate!!! I hate that work thing that gets in the way of TTP'ing!! Good to see you back in the mood!!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Watcher was on his way home Sunday when he stopped at a railway crossing and he heard this sound off in the distance. It was coming closer and closer. It sounded like chchchch…chchchch…chchchch….chchchch. Naturally he thought it was the NK train rolling through another opponent. chchchch…chchchch…chchchch….chchchch. choochoo…choochoo. Much to his surprise it was the Primos limping home from Richmond. It sounded more like chchchch…chchchch....chchchch….chchchch .....chokechoke
....chokechoke

Mickster..looking forward to seeing you guys but I guess it will have to wait till later in the year......By then we may need binoculars!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane,

After what your greasy Mexican centre-midfielder said to our guy as he came on the field, he is 100% entitled to taking cheap shots against you guys. But there's no way he's as cheap as the little Mexicali that roamed the right wing (talented, but was in love with swinging his elbows). I enjoyed playing against the Irish guys on your team though - seemed like a good bunch, and no doubt they can polish off a few pints :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0