Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Jan/Feb, 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, Nov/Dec, 2008/09

anyone know if Van Tech is good to go?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Drove by it last night. Snow is still on the pitch. Only about this is ok. You got to change your name or Watcher is going to look for you.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Drove by it last night. Snow is still on the pitch. Only about this is ok. You got to change your name or Watcher is going to look for you.

u have a sense of humor? well done mr base:D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can not stand it when Watcher goes by two or three names. Sometimes he posts to him self and answeres back to him self. Go figure it out. He is a funny guy. Used to be good player when he was sixteen. Then the funny earbs took over days became smokey. But he is still the best guy to shoot shite with. Likes to drink hates to pay for it, looks for feebies. Assman look out. He wont stop till he finds you. Even Yomama will call you. There is somthing funny going on in this town. NK guys make sure you get fit. teams have much time to figure out how to beat you guys. We all made a heavy bet on HNK to beat you. HNK make sure you get fit or it will look like a tag a war. I heard that Marc Berry is comming to play for NK. Good player ,good player.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unicorns FC 1 - 6 UBC Metropolitan "A". Looks like the Unicorns have thrown in the towel on the season.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns club is very nice group of guys. Class club in every way. As far as the name goes. Should be Rams but they call them selves Unicorn. Unity and fun. That is what I was told log time ago. HNK Vareni is just the same. Vareni acualy means flaming. Where I come from that is just as bad as Unicorn. It is just a club. Equal for all. No games this weekend unless you play in Richmond or UBC. Maybe. It is going to be a terable time for guys to get back in to playing shape.

Spickard

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Unicorn I can say that the winter break certainly hasn't done us any favours. The majority of our guys have done nothing to maintain the level of fitness we were at. Taking nothing away from UBC as they played a good solid passing game but we were very rusty and gave 4 goals away from simple mistakes at the back. 3 loses on the bounce certainly hasn't helped our push for a top 2 finish but I expect us to get back to winning ways with a few practices under out belt.

As for the team name. Unicorn folklore has it down as a competition to come up with the worst name for a team and as it happens the Unicorns was the winner.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Unicorn I can say that the winter break certainly hasn't done us any favours. The majority of our guys have done nothing to maintain the level of fitness we were at. Taking nothing away from UBC as they played a good solid passing game but we were very rusty and gave 4 goals away from simple mistakes at the back. 3 loses on the bounce certainly hasn't helped our push for a top 2 finish but I expect us to get back to winning ways with a few practices under out belt.

As for the team name. Unicorn folklore has it down as a competition to come up with the worst name for a team and as it happens the Unicorns was the winner.

did you guys play 8 rinks indoor?

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With another Unicorns loss over the weekend the "A" side is down two teams. Big games for UBC and Temple next weekend. UBC needs to beat Yaletown for any kind of chance, and Westside is one of the only teams left that may actually pose a threat to stealing points off Temple.

Crazy Joe Davola

Jan 4, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can not see how any games that are scheduled to be played on grass are actually going to be played. If they are played, those fields will be a mess and will hold decided advantages for the "less skilled" teams.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With both Temple and UBC winning over the weekend the magic number for Temple to clinch the side is 5 points from their remaining 3 games.

Gurps do you have a game report for the huge win over Westisde? 2-0 seems as if it was a closer game than you would have liked.

Crazy Joe Davola

Jan 4, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler: I caught the second half of the weside/sikh temple game. The field was brutal and I hope both teams let the leageau know. Sikh Temple looked the superior team and was good on the win as far as I saw. Weside battled hard and kept the score very respectable. Aside from that, the game was very boring.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple 2 Westside Knights 0

Well why this game was moved to needle park is beyond me as for whatever reason the league has a real hard-on for trying to get all the games in which in my opinion is a crock o' chit. Anyways as explained the field licked arse , the ref was one of the better one's we've had (younger guy) who let both teams play. Temple enjoyed the run of the play in the first as we we're keeping them on the outside with our keeps making some timely saves on the one's that got in close. Second half saw us with a bit more pressure only to concede a goal on the counterattack a bit of flubber that took the wind outta the sails. Their second goal was a gem with a good bit of individual skill from their striker to turn and curl it into the far corner from the top of the 18. We almost get one late as a scramble between JJ (their keeps) and myself go for a flubbed backpass as I gave em' a knock and headed into the open net to have it called back (right call by the ref ; and JJ was ok he's a good lad). Game ends 2-0 Temple with westside nothing to hang their head about other than shame on the league for having to make us play this game on a bullchit field. To temple good luck next year you lads are definitely the better squad in our side hopefully you get a few recruits for your Div 1 cause you'll need em'. As for us we continue to struggle to get our starting 11 out for one game ; we've had our starting 11 in 2 games so far this year both easy victories :(. In conclussion thanks for the game temple your a good group of lads and I wish you all the best , hopefully we'll meet ya' in the cup final ;)

cheers , the rattler

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler: I caught the second half of the weside/sikh temple game. The field was brutal and I hope both teams let the leageau know. Sikh Temple looked the superior team and was good on the win as far as I saw. Weside battled hard and kept the score very respectable. Aside from that, the game was very boring.

Thanks for the update. Just caught the 2nd half huh? There is only one other guy as crazy about Seinfeld as Gurps, could it be.....?

It looks like Temple should be able to close out the season, but the question remains how will the Cup treat them this season after being continously upset in years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0