Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok, so here we go. round 2 Div 2B

Green Devils FC 2
Nomads FC "A" 1

Douglas Pk. Rangers 1
Westside Knights 1

Primo FC 4
Norvan JB's 2

Unicorns 0
NK Hrvat 3

Richmond FC 3
"B" United 2

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
heres a few for div 2a....let's hope i do better than my week1 nfl

Cleo's FC 1
Belmont FC 3
McBride Park
Sat/2.00pm

City FC Cobras 0
Firefighters "C" 3
Bby. Lake West # 3
Sat/4.00pm

Burnaby Fury 6
West Van Royals 0
Central Park
Sun/2.00pm

Bosna SC 1
Maplewood United 2
Strathcona West
Sun/2.00pm

Signmaster SC 1
Aryana FC 1
Hillcrest Park East
Sun/2.00pm

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey rikashay,

you must be dreamin if you think you're gonna put another 6 between the pipes this week!!

Belmont cleos tie

wv 1 fury 3

bosna 2 maplewood 1

aryana 2 signmaster 3

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury could put another 6 in for sure. How's Frank rikashay?

Cleo's FC 0
Belmont FC 2

City FC Cobras 1
Firefighters "C" 4

Burnaby Fury 6 :)
West Van Royals 0

Bosna SC 3
Maplewood United 3

Signmaster SC 1
Aryana FC 0

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions 2B

Green Devils over Nomads - Satanists are always better footy players than gypsies.

Westside over Douglas Park - Its rhubarb crisp day at the old folks home so Westside will be fired up.

JB's over Primos - The JB's will have a lot of drunk guys after the game, the Primos will have, uh, none. Except Kastro who will still be drunk from the night before at the Roxy. Ah, just kidding Kais, I know you hang at Celebrities.

Unicorns and NKH tie - The Watcher will be caught watching on the equalizer.

Richmond FC over B U - TS and the gang to bounce back in style. Well, Division 2 style, which means unmatched socks, shorts and jerseys.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
porkchop said:
Hey rikashay,

you must be dreamin if you think you're gonna put another 6 between the pipes this week!!

Belmont cleos tie

wv 1 fury 3

bosna 2 maplewood 1

aryana 2 signmaster 3

porkchop where ya been hiding bro??still lurking i see!!
i was being nice too,i predicted a win from your bunch.it was kinda funny to have the 4 players who don't play with either team anymore(actually 3 played with both teams at some point) there till the end finishing your pints!!tough game for yellow but it can only get better right??good to see all the guys and might see ya this weekend

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I went 3 for 5 in week one. Missed on Portuguese-Zawisza, which ended in a tie, and our game (C-men vs. Bombastic) in which we (C-men) blew a 2-0 lead after our striker got a red card for making a dumb comment about an offside call. We fell apart after that and/or got tired and let Bombastic score 6 unanswered. Full marks to them. They were more fit and passed the ball well, but I know that we are capable of much better. Anyways, predictions for week 2:

Kosova - Yaletown
Socceroos - Zawisza
Portuguese - Real Macdonald
Sandzak - Bombastic (too close to pick a winner, calling a tie)
C-men - S. Punjab Hurricanes (can't go against my own team! Hoping to dive in to the beer cooler to celebrate a win rather than cope with another loss) Good luck to all.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

The Watcher doesn't play defence...ever. So he can not be caught 'watching.' NK always plays team defence with 9 guys and are expected to boot the ball out onto the Watcher's shoelaces. We still manage to keep the goals against very low because of the Warlock on our backline. You know, divine intervention and all that. :)

Nothing but love for you Watcher, just keep scoring. :)

I predict an NK victory even without our berserking defender, Goose, and our striking Slav (two reds last week).

Prediction: NK 2 - 1 Unicorns

Richmond over B United

Green Devils over Nomads

JBs tie Primos

Douglas loses to Westside

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Yomama's predictions. JB's are in tough today without our starting (only) Keeper and our starting forward.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the nomads/green devils game today - devils won 3-2. Nomads had no subs and a fiftysomething year-old left back - probably made the difference in a pretty even match.
Does anybody know - if an indirect freekick goes off an opposing player should it count? Just wondering cuz the devils keeper (short little guy) touched in a long chip but goal was disallowed because it was indirect.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Does anybody know - if an indirect freekick goes off an opposing player should it count? Just wondering cuz the devils keeper (short little guy) touched in a long chip but goal was disallowed because it was indirect.
Most definitely a goal. Unless the ref missed the keeper touching the ball, that is a horrible, horrible call. Gotta love Div. 2 reffing. :rolleyes:

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown FC 2-1 Kosova SC
Nice day, decent pitch, massive angry entourage on the Kosova side. Yaletown were somewhat unlucky to go 1-0 down against the run of play after some defensive miscommunication. We kept our composure, though, and tied it up quickly and then put it away with about seven minutes to go. I think the better side won, although the score should have been higher except for some shocking finishing by both teams. Oh well, 3 points in the bag.
The ref was decent considering the Div. 2 standard, and he kept control when things got a bit chippy towards the end. He handed out quite a few yellows to both sides, and wasn't intimidated by the crowd. I don't think some of their players were quite as happy with his performance, especially their sweeper who ran up to the ref after the game, called him the "world's biggest azzhole" and also said he was "lucky that I didn't knock you out." Clever. The ref showed him red and I'm assuming that he'll get a bit more than the usual three games for that lunacy. There were certainly a few dubious calls, but they went both ways and didn't involve anything major such as denied penalties, etc.
Also congrats to the Green Devils on their win. They should've put in a few more of their many chances though, since the Nomads were pretty brutal, especially at the back.

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Hard fought win for Yaletown FC. You guys played harder and just wanted the win more. The ref called it pretty even for both sides, even if some of the calls were pretty suspect. He did however keep control of the game, but It def didnt effect the outcome Yaletown was the better team today.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 4 : Douglas Park 1

texas rattler with a hatrick. Joel Hughes with opener.

3:0 at the half.

Not half bad for a bunch of old guys.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
primo 2 jb's 0

hard contested match with fairly even play, primo holding the advantage in possesion, first half goal for primo the result of our player wanting it more and forcing his header near the goal line in for the lead about half way through. Second half was a carbon copy of the first with more spirited play and fairly even possesion, second goal was similar to the first with another header being put away after a huge effort from our winger to head the ball into the area. All was well until one of their center backs chopped down our mid at the edge of the box and then absoloutely lost his mind, and grabbed whoever was near (just happened to be me) and then refocussed his rage on the player he cut down. Yellow card for the intital foul and the a red for the ensuing pussy comments after the skirmish had broken up.

next week vs. the mythical unicorns

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
porkchop scores his first in what seems like a career!!!!! Firemen win 3 bagel to cobras. they had a decent keeper which kept the score reasonable. but lets focus on what is important I scored .

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't give yourself so much credit. Primos did fight hard and did deserve the win. First goal was a cluster fcuk and our regular keep would have had it. Second goal went through "MY" legs. Totlal fluke as I thought the backs had it in the air...............bitches.
#22 should have been booted as well. He's the same fat **** that Dap put in his place...........we were too kind today.........but he is really a pussy and cowardly at that. And Please Primos don't take that the wrong way. Full marks to you for the win. I just don't like one or two and how they played. It should be a better match next time around.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 4 Douglas Park Rangers 1

Well the rhubarb crisp was served at a perfect 38 degrees celsius and the lads responded tremendously. Today was definitely a great day for the beautiful game , as we won a well contested battle with Douglas Park. They may have been missing a body or two with the constant changing of the mid but all in all it was a good game. We go up 1-0 after 20 mins of back and forth chances and then get a free kick outside the 18. Yours truly takes it to make it 2-0 and then 5 mins from half we get a two on one as I receive a well led pass to slot it home for a 3-0 lead at the halfway point. They come out at half with a good 10 mins of pressure and are rewarded with a great far post diving header to make it 3-1. Once again chances at either end and then I get sent in on another through ball with a little touch past the last man and then in on the keeps to put it near side for the 4-1 victory. Great victory for the boys after last weeks poor showing against primos' with a hatrick for me and a few pints away from the field to end a great day. Now it's the green devils next week at home so away we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0