Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
texas rattler said:
I would tend to agree with TS's predictions except for the first one :
Primo 3 Knights 1

You can quote me in saying this game will be a lot closer than all of you think and the end result may shock some of you.:)

Or not. I forgot to mention our pk that was missed about 10 minutes to go in the second half.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught some of that game and the primos handily won, but westside could have made the score respectable if they had finished some easy chances.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 5 - 1 RFC

RFC will probably complain about the ref but we received two reds and a bunch of yellows to their one red and collection of yellows.

First half was good but the second was sloppy and ugly.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed, on yomama :D i would like to say sorry to my team for that ugly goal scored on me, (i'll blame it on my foot wear). Anyhow, good game on RFC part, they played well but we were just a tad bit better. good game us

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
NK 5 - 1 RFC

RFC will probably complain about the ref but we received two reds and a bunch of yellows to their one red and collection of yellows.

First half was good but the second was sloppy and ugly.

Glad to hear the positive result for the NK boys. I know this win was special for the watcher ;)...especially 5-1. what happened to RFC? Or should I say, what happened to NK? A whole lot better, i presume.

Good on you boys and I hope to see you top the tables in your group and in the cup.

managerwhowasonthelosingsideinhisgamewiththefvsldiv2stars :(

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kosovo 6 - 1 Ev soccer .......
First half was pretty even with us taking the lead and EV tying it up be4 half.Then the second half all ours with Erion getting a hat-trick very happy to try and help my people do well .....congrats to my old team NK good job guys

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, congrats to Erion on his hat trick for his new team! Secondly, the Watcher has been upset for three years since losing 1-0 in the cup to RFC. Not because NK lost, or that the ref was from richmond and officiated as such, but becauae in this forum some of the RFC players had the audacity to suggest that we weren't in their league and that the result flattered us. Well that was a bunch of hogwash. Anyhow, instead of feeling full of revenge I just feel pity for how far the RFC boys have fallen. Down to ten men still at 0-0 NK could have and should have scored well into double digits. It really became quite sad the four and five on ones over the final 20 minutes. However NK has not quit training since winning the cup and RFC has only had two practises and only had 11 or 12 players at the pitch so that was a major factor in the outcome. I must say though, the RFC boys were not bad guys unlike the rowdys from sporting p. last year. Hopefully they can find their game and steal some points from some of our closer rivals for us.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 5- RFC 1
What can I say?! They were more fit, played well together and just wanted each ball more than we did. And just when we would build some momentum, they would score another goal to push us back down. It really showed today how little we've trained together over the summer. We definitely have the individual skill to do well at this level, but the lack of team play and fitness left us with no chance of winning this one. Full marks to NKH for the victory, they deserved it. I thought the referee was shite, but in the end, it didn't dictate who won or lost. Our rematch will be a lot closer, definitely.
I think the worst part was when we had only 1 sub (with 19 guys fcuking signed, too), only to look over at their bench with like 10 guys waiting to get in the game. Young kids, too, fcukers wouldn't stop running at us, and when they did stop, they got subbed for others who would run harder!
Anyways, only way to go from here is up. And that's what we'll do.
I guess we're not gonna go 18-0 as planned :rolleyes: .

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Big Bird :

I love men that sport yellow feathers as an overgarment but anyways ......... hahaha I kid ! When I posted I did not know that we would be missing our center midfielder ( Jamie ) who in a couple of words controls our play. It would have been a better contested game had he been there , however I am not one to complain so I will move onto the game in which you handily won. Getting scored on in the first 30 seconds of play is not only demoralising it's a back breaker. We did have a few chances and they either all hit the post/crossbar or got stopped/deflected by some well timed defending. I did overhear some of your players say this was a new group of lads to get used to and I would just like to say it's good we play you now and not later. You guys all seem like a good bunch of lads (except for the little persian guy up front , he started a brawl in my summer league and no one forgets the kind of stuff that he started) and I wish you the best in the rest of the season.

cheers , the rattler

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
I must say though, the RFC boys were not bad guys unlike the rowdys from sporting p. last year.

Watcher - you must not really have anything better to do with your time other than eat and take shots at sporting punjab - I tried to put a close to everything last season but you simply can't stop thinking about us - we'll take your comments as a compliment and move on from here.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 1 - 2 Bosna

Terrible start to the game as we were down 2-0 after about 10 minutes. No excuses but missing our 2 centre backs, one of our centre mids and our major goal producer makes Belmont look average at best. We settled in and completely dominated the second half and played like we normally do but could only get one goal back. Many, many missed chances but that's what happens in the early season. Not nice to drop the points but once we get some guys back we'll be ok.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
No excuses but missing our 2 centre backs, one of our centre mids and our major goal producer makes Belmont look average at best.
But come now, Bandcamp -- even an average team should beat Bosna. :D

Where's your home pitch this year?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Keeper. Edit that to 'below average' please.

Trimble Park is home. Grass is long right now but once they cut it it will be sweet.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JimBeam 2(just) - Unicorns 2

Our opening game did not go as planned as JimBeam saw themselves down 2 bagel at half on a Unicorn opening goal against the play and then a PK on a dive that the ref, being in the position he was, had to call.

The first 20mins saw the JB's with the majority of chances but the lack of early finish kicked us in the ass. After giving up the first goal, the Unicorns took advantage of the confidence boost and began pushing forward. There were no real quality shots but a scramble in our 18 after our keep was unable to corral a loose ball resulted in a PK that was slotted home.

A 2 goal deficit is never a good thing and things were looking more grim by the moment as the time began ticking off the 2nd half clock. What was nice to see was a JimBeam crew who did not give up. The rewards came with 15mins on the clock when a flicked on ball was taken by Junirnho, who held onto the ball while being marked by 2 Unicorn defenders and upon reaching the top of the 18, rifled into the far corner. The pressure by Jim Beam on the visting team was quite intense and after a few close chances, the equalizer was found on a corner which sailed through the six and was then put back towards goal where it was finished by an waiting Beamer. Unfortunately, the final whistle blewa few mintues later.

It was nice to get back into the mix but the touch and composure need to be better. The Unicorns have a competitive squad but I truly believe that we should have done better. They should do well in the group. The fricking ties are hard to deal with. This is our third year in a row that we have opened our season with a tie. Anyways, next week will be a good battle at InterRiver vs Primo FC. I expect a hard, fast and entertaining game.

-BonefishBeeStunginGame1-

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
No excuses
REALLY!??

bandcamp said:
missing our 2 centre backs, one of our centre mids and our major goal producer makes Belmont look average at best.
Haha, nevermind.

Missing our MVP sweeper, starting DMF, major goal producer, an 11th player, and anyone competent on right mid makes NK Hrvat look.... like 5-1 victors?? Scary.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 2 Unicorns 2

Agreed, we did carry most of the play and limited the Unicorns to very, very few chances. A couple of sloppy mistakes and they're up 2. Once we get our finishing in form, we'll be okay. Unicorns are not too bad and should be in the top 5 in group B.

Should be a good tilt on Sat vs the Primos.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Devil Himself said:
Sven9...dont be surprised at all if that how the rest of your season goes. Im not going to slag the Nomads, cause Nomads do sign some decent players every year. It all comes down to the organization (You'll find that out). Until that changes it wont get any better and your decent players will leave (like they do every year).

Last year the Nomads signed over 50 guys...thats right 50! and they still couldnt get it together. Take it from me, Im sure your new to the team this year...find out how many returning players out of 50 there are from last year...its about 8! Anybody who has been affiliated with the Nomads last year knows what im talking about. Next year we'll see which team your playing for...my money is that it isnt the Nomads....good luck

2 ‘B’
Green Devils FC v Nomads Sat/12.00pm Should be interesting!

Billy Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0