Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C
Bombastic A (BFC is looking pretty strong and fit but what about
C Men the new C Men??)

IFC Zawisza
Portuguese Club (lost a few people but will not lose)

S. Punjab Hurricanes "A"
Yaletown (SP Hurricanes were just too strong last year)

Kosova SC A
EV Socceroos (kosova too strong for roos...summer is over)

FC Sandzak
Real McDonald (no way they could win their first of the season????)

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best

Yes, I've seen them play, in summer league as a matter of fact, and admittedly they weren't the best (no pun intended). But, like I said, they've added players (myself included) and in training sessions so far things look promising. Our average age, for instance, has dropped by a good five years. The true test comes next weekend, however, and we're looking forward to it.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Georgie's Best

Yes, I've seen them play, in summer league as a matter of fact, and admittedly they weren't the best (no pun intended). But, like I said, they've added players (myself included) and in training sessions so far things look promising. Our average age, for instance, has dropped by a good five years. The true test comes next weekend, however, and we're looking forward to it.
Well then you would know them pretty well then. We just added a new striker yesterday that may change the the whole potential of our A squad now. Alos much younger this year. I look forward to the match although I'm playign classic this year so I shall only be a sub as we play right after you at 4pm

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
uhmmm how can anyone think B-United can actually beat the greendevils, i mean its a stupid name but.....like I said, b-united merged w/ PG strikers, that is like two loosers w/ vitamin c in one!!!! anyways, B United are a great bunch of guys, but I don't give them much chance at wining many games this year, like 4-5 at the most

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2-2 NK Hrvatska

Decent game tonight. We went up 2-0 on NK but they came back with 2 goals in the last 25 mins to tie it up.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly Match:

Last Thursday night

BFC A 4
Belmont 0

Neither side quite full squad but pretty close. Nice way to start the friendy matches. 1-0 at half with a second coming 15 mins into the second half. Two more in the last 15 mins to seal victory. 2 goals by new boys.

Tonight BFC mix of Classic and B will take on the Unicorns.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't really argue with a 4-0 scoreline but you saw Belmont in summer mode still...half our starters unavailable. Season starts Saturday and we will be ready to go again. Have been training well but getting guys out after work is always hard.

Not sure about your dismantling comment but...whatever.

Playing Signmaster tonight so hopefully it will be a better tune-up.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell? I go away on vacation and Division 2 gets all serious. What's with all the exhibition games? Fcuking exhibitionists.

I'm not sure about the dismantling comment either as I don't remember seeing anything about dismantling. Unless of course you're talking about Termatofylakas getting dismantled by that Roseanne Barr lookalike at the Roxy last year. Termato likes that kind of stuff though. Go here if you don't believe me.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The dismantling comment happened! We haven't been 'dismantled' since div 1 when the Firemen taught us a lesson in running up the score :)

Getting dismantled by Bombastic? Come on now...what site are we on?

dismantledbythedismantlingcommentfromgeorgina

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
hey wtf, how come I was not told that we had a game vs pcov?? who was in net for NK???
Martin, "Goose". Dunno if he's ever played in goal before (save practice), but he did make one stellar kick-save point blank. Shades of Brodeur.

NK controlled the game in spells, but otherwise the game was pretty chaotic and sloppy. Still, decent game, as said, but we expect to put a lot of those chances away in the future.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
What the hell? I go away on vacation and Division 2 gets all serious. What's with all the exhibition games? Fcuking exhibitionists.

I'm not sure about the dismantling comment either as I don't remember seeing anything about dismantling. Unless of course you're talking about Termatofylakas getting dismantled by that Roseanne Barr lookalike at the Roxy last year. Termato likes that kind of stuff though. Go here if you don't believe me.
Dismantled = TTP or banter if you prefer.

Friendlies are very serious. If there are no friendly matches then there is no post game beer consuming. Very serious stuff.

FYI

BFC (B & Classic combined) 1
Unicorns 2

Long and short they deserved the win on over all play but needed 2 really poor defensive give a ways to pot their 2. Good clean friendly.

Now for the serious stuff.

BFC 3.3 cases of beer consumed at field side.
Unicorns off to the Kino Cafe ....beer consumption assumed high
but not yet reported.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I like hearing about Bombastic FC and their preseason dismantling :rolleyes: , lets get back to some predictions here.

2B:
Westside Knights 1
Primo FC 3 (too strong for the old boys)

"B" United 0
Green Devils FC 2 (new team with something to prove)

NK Hrvat
Richmond FC (a battle of the last 2 cup winners... I don't like predicting the outcomes of our games, but I'm leaning towards RFC in a 1 goal victory :D )

Nomads FC "A" 2 (just a better team overall)
Douglas Pk. Rangers 1

Norvan JB's 3 (not many teams can run with these guys on turf)
Unicorns 0

Gearing up for our second (that's right) practice of the summer tonight. Hopefully get all the kinks out for Sunday. Some old faces back in the fold, along with some new additions, so should make for a better year than last year.

TS

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
As much as I like hearing about Bombastic FC and their preseason dismantling :rolleyes: , lets get back to some predictions here.

"B" United 0
Green Devils FC 2 (new team with something to prove)

TS
Like all the predictions and even like the B United vs GD FC prediciction but I think explanation is missing something. B UTD are just really poor....unless they found 10 new upgrades this year!!

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would tend to agree with TS's predictions except for the first one :
Primo 3 Knights 1

You can quote me in saying this game will be a lot closer than all of you think and the end result may shock some of you. Good luck to all those playing today and Sunday and may it be a great start to the season for all. cheers the rattler :)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Just checkin the website and it says that IFC Zawiska (sp?) tied PCOV 0-0. Anybody care to elaborate.

Our team, PCOV, has a lot of new faces this year myself included and it'll take us a few games to work out the kinks. We missed a penalty and they missed a chance in the second half from in the six. They will be a tough team for a few but in reality with the chances we created we should have burried a few but eventually they'll come. We'll be a better team from here on out but I see we've already fallen behind Sporting Punjab.

P.S. They have some tall guy that I can see causing some trouble for some this year. He must be at least 6'6". :eek:

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo 3 Westside 0

Primo dominated the play and the only thing keeping it close was us giving up possesion with poor passing/bad decisions, primo left a few goals on the field due to poor finishing, but lots of chances.

New keeper was strong in his opener getting full credit for the shutout with some key saves late to preserve the bagel.

Next week vs. JB's

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
B-United 0 - Green Devils 4 .....b-united started game w/ 9 guys till the half, they were down 2:0, than twas just 2 more by the end, no real chances were worked by B united, so I predict another sad season for them. As far as Green Devils go, I hear its a young team so they can run but appearantly they are not so good as a team. They will finish sumwhere in the middle i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0