Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter August/September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point Grey United (Unicorns) only scored 22 goals last year....so unless they picked up some natural goal scorers, it will be there defense that takes them far. As for the 6-1 drubbing of Alemania, impressive. But don't forget the NK Train defeated Alemania 4-0 in Cup play last year which proves either NK and Unicorns have some explosive firepower or Alemania is prone to shitting the bed once in a while. Hopefully the former is true. Choo choo.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
^
Based on the original post, I think it was the Green Devils that beat Alemania 6-1.

As for the Unicorns, they are likely to have more 0-0 draws than wins this season.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Point Grey United (Unicorns) only scored 22 goals last year....so unless they picked up some natural goal scorers, it will be there defense that takes them far. As for the 6-1 drubbing of Alemania, impressive. But don't forget the NK Train defeated Alemania 4-0 in Cup play last year which proves either NK and Unicorns have some explosive firepower or Alemania is prone to shitting the bed once in a while. Hopefully the former is true. Choo choo.

or, or....alemenia is a just god awful team... ;)

manager missing yomama and the NK boys

FVSL bound this year

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If alemania is god awful, what does that say about Shaheen, Fury, and Belmont who all finished behind them last year? As for the Unicorns only scoring 22 goals last year, if you add a good forward or attacking mid capable of scoring/creating a goal a game or so, then you get 35+ goals. I do agree that 2B will be the toughest. The JBs, NK, and Richmond are all decent sides. If NK can keep some momentum from their cup run they could hang in there, but they're more likely to suffer from a post cup letdown. The Primos on the other hand have some pride to regain after an embarrassing year in first div. 1. That's why I included them as a favorite.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a couple of things:

Alemania: Known for not showing up for games. Missing players....unless it really counts. Loing 6-1 in SUMMER BALL boys. Means nothing unless you saw the game and can give some objective feedback.

Green Devils: Being a breakaway group and playign together all summer long they could be solid this year. We played them with a mish mash of our C team players a couple of our B & A team players.....lost 2-1. Our U21 team played them with one Old boy (me) and lost 3-1. Both games I recognize potential but absolutely a couple of years away from challenging. GD's best possible finish is 3rd in Group B.

Group A: Firefighters, Signmaster, Belmont. (What do I know??)
Group B: Primos, Richmond, JB's
Group C: Sporting Punjab, PCOV, BFC

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
If alemania is god awful, what does that say about Shaheen, Fury, and Belmont who all finished behind them last year?

nothing...but it does say that the manager was taking the piss out of NK ;)

The Devil Himself

Aug 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie, I agree summer ball doesnt really mean all that much...players coming and going etc. Objectively speaking the game between GD and Alemania...Alemania brought out a team to win, but it def wasn't their best game, but we came ready to play. Weather and being a night game might have been factors, but it wasnt any easier for us either, esp since we got carded within 15 minutes of the first half and had to play with 10 the rest of the way.

I'll be honest dont know enough about 2B to make any predications, but I know that if they kept us in 2C it would be a 4 way grind to the very end...I was looking forward to playing the against Bomb FC in the regular season with both of our regular starting line ups

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
The Primos on the other hand have some pride to regain after an embarrassing year in first div. 1. That's why I included them as a favorite.

If we had anywhere even close to a full squad for our div 1 debut i would agree with you but with an average of 12 players available for games pretty much the whole season it was more of a personell issue than an embarassment issue.

With that said we have picked up no less than 7 top quality players for the fall and I am very much looking forward to the mentoring I will recieve from our newest aquisition.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
12+7 = a lot of ego to be sitting on the bench. although we have a similard dilemma...not a bad spot to be in.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Big Bird,

I think I can put a face to the name.
I'm still hurting from the attemped goal kick you rocketed my way on Wednesday night.
Hopefully, I'll see you next wednesday

Vini

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Hey Big Bird,

I think I can put a face to the name.
I'm still hurting from the attemped goal kick you rocketed my way on Wednesday night.
Hopefully, I'll see you next wednesday

Vini

That wasn't no goal kick it was a pass, and I swear it was because we had just changed the ball over to something decent not the stale loaf of bread we had been playing with, oh and the grass yeah the grass was to blam too and also the sun cuz the sun was in my eyes, yeah that's it!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird said:
That wasn't no goal kick it was a pass, and I swear it was because we had just changed the ball over to something decent not the stale loaf of bread we had been playing with, oh and the grass yeah the grass was to blam too and also the sun cuz the sun was in my eyes, yeah that's it!

Big bird it just has to do with poor Vinnie's control. ;)

So how is the goalie coach working out? Actually is he the coach or will he be playing this year?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird said:

You forgot to blame the ref, oscar the grouch, cookie monster, mr snufalufagus, as well as ernie and bert.

Term,

The new goalie will be sharing playing duties with "the Bird". at practice on Thursday he getting so pumped that I had visions of Billy Banks. I'm expecting him to start doing Taebo for warmup.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
You forgot to blame the ref, oscar the grouch, cookie monster, mr snufalufagus, as well as ernie and bert.

Its early in the year, I'm just warming up the list of excuses give it some time.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV - Portugal Club.......

Just a new piece of news from a Portugal Club team member. Apparently Polonia in Div 1 has merged with another squad opening up one more spot in Div 1. This is being offered to Portugal Club so them may be moving out of 2C.

I'm guessing this may create some new movement in the groupings due to 2C beign way too week if PCOV move.

Anyone else here this piece of info????

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polonia has joined/taken over Burnaby's premier spot so what you're saying makes sense. This means a new team to the league can be added to 2C. Doubt the league would shuffle teams because 2C looks weak. Every year one group looks weaker than the rest but I doubt the league wants to play odds makers.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Polonia has joined/taken over Burnaby's premier spot so what you're saying makes sense. This means a new team to the league can be added to 2C. Doubt the league would shuffle teams because 2C looks weak. Every year one group looks weaker than the rest but I doubt the league wants to play odds makers.

The league has been moving teams around 2b and 2c all month.

I think it is time the league moves the the Div 2 groups into a tiered format where the best teams play in 2a, the next best in 2b and so on.
New teams would start in 2c
I believe in Div 2 CAT the league has moved the stronger teams to Cat2a and weeker teams to Cat2B.

Of course this would need to be phased in over 2 or 3 years.

Vinnie

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
The league has been moving teams around 2b and 2c all month.

I think it is time the league moves the the Div 2 groups into a tiered format where the best teams play in 2a, the next best in 2b and so on.
New teams would start in 2c
I believe in Div 2 CAT the league has moved the stronger teams to Cat2a and weeker teams to Cat2B.

Of course this would need to be phased in over 2 or 3 years.

Vinnie

So what you are really saying is that there should be a Div,2, 3, and 4?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
So what you are really saying is that there should be a Div,2, 3, and 4?

Yes, but the league doesn't like that idea so I took the existing format and repackaged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0